Beginners and Beyond

Monday Morning Penguins (Read 17 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

"Bid me run and I will strive with things impossible."

PADRunner

Back to work, and a RD day for me today.

Brilliant

Good morning, Penguins!

Happy rest day, PAD, and thanks for starting us off.

I'm headed out for 9+ shortly.  Marathon training is hard.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  6-8 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

on my way to badass

Morning Penguins! Thanks for starting us off PAD, enjoy the RD. Good miles to you Brilliant and DR. 3+ for me today. Starting off the NY resolutions early because the blerch has been camped out in my house.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

obiebyke

Good morning! I forgot it's Monday. That's a good sign. Going to do 3 today.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning all!  Got up and got a 4 mile run done.  It felts amazing to run this morning and sweat out all of the alcohol from yesterday =P  New Orleans is quite a fun little city!  I started drinking at noon yesterday (oh vacation) but woke up miraculously hangover free.  I also got a treadmill run in during the evening after I'd already been drinking.... ;-)  Gotta keep that streak alive.

Enjoy your rest day PAD.

Ladies - enjoy your miles :-)

Time for breakfast!

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

tracilynn

Morning penguins

my right ITB acted up in my run yesterday and I'm REAL paranoid about it now. Lots of stretching and rolling for me today, no run.

the Blerch has been here in my house way too long too. Gonna try to kick him out and buckle down today.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

Brilliant: get used to it!

My marathon training starts today with  SRD. 18 weeks of pain and suffering. Oh joy.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Rest day for me.

Have a routine doctor appointment this afternoon.  Looking forward to her telling me that I've gained a few pounds...

Running for TJ because he can't.

Brilliant

hello again,

Jack, nice way to ease into it with the SRD. Smile

SF & obie & Damaris, enjoy your running.

sapf, sounds like a fun trip.  Glad no hangover. Smile

AFM:  9.9 done.  The blerch moved into my house on Thanksgiving Day and I'm with traci & SF, gotta kick his butt out.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

3.70 for us.  3 more days for the streak.  Looks like the mileage game and holiday streak overlap on Thursday.  Do I need to do 2 separate runs?

Hope the Blerch Busters arrive soon, SF, Traci, and Brilliant.

Enjoy day 1 Jack.

Did the Dr. scold you Robert?

tracilynn

Jerry - what are your total streak miles up to? How many miles did you run in Dec? And why don't you log your miles here so we can stalk your running?

~~~~~~~

Traci

hog4life

8 miles in Arkansas. I run around the college I attended 30+ years ago, and boy ole boy has it changed!

Robert31320

Team TJ

3.70 for us.  3 more days for the streak.  Looks like the mileage game and holiday streak overlap on Thursday.  Do I need to do 2 separate runs?

Hope the Blerch Busters arrive soon, SF, Traci, and Brilliant.

Enjoy day 1 Jack.

Did the Dr. scold you Robert?

Not nearly as bad as I've scolded myself.

Running for TJ because he can't.