Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES Alert (Read 42 times)

StepbyStep-SH

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

Somebody's asleep at the wheel! Where is everyone? Just because you all had races this last weekend doesn't relieve you of your responsibilities to check in, encourage, and enable the rest of us crazies!

I am going to hit the TM for my run this morning to make it easier to just head downstairs afterwards for strength training class. Schedule is for 8 miles with 3 at tempo pace, though time will be tight for getting a full 8 miles in.

Then gluten-free, dairy-free potluck with friends - I'm taking pumpkin chili, the hostess has cranberry bread, there will be a pasta with butternut squash and kale, and I think some pumpkin ice cream. And coffee. We always have coffee.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

B-Plus

GOOD MOOOOOOORNING RUNNERS!! Up and at 'em folks. Somebody needs to pound that pavement, cuz I sure the hell won't be.

Good luck on your tempo Step.

SRD

delicate flower

Happy Tuesday, users of the internet!  8-9 easy miles planned after work.

So I've had three HM's in the last five weeks, and I am honestly happy to be done with that.  I can finally resume a normal training schedule.

I'm hungry.  Oatmeal time!

<3

Pinktastic

Good Tuesday Morning, Runners!

It’s a grey, cloudy, misty, crappy day outside, but the forecast for inside is Pinktacular!   I have about ½ the normal amount of conference calls today so I should be 50% more productive than usual.   Woo Hoo!

Shari – Thanks for starting us off today!   8 on the TM doesn’t sound all that exhilarating, but I’m sure you’ll get them done.    That potluck sounds delish!   Save some leftover for us, okay?

B – You’re mighty chipper this morning.   For a minute I thought you were Baboon with that opening in all caps.    ;-)    Have a Pinksational day, and I hope your recovery goes smoothly!

Phil – I’m hungry too.   So, what does a “normal” training schedule look like for you?

Another day on the DL for me.    I feel like I haven’t run since the beginning of the year.  Hopefully, though, when I recover from this little setback, that will be the end of injuries for me for a while.   My doctors took some blood on Friday to test my calcium, vitamin D and thyroid levels to see if perhaps they are off and are making my bones break more easily than normal.   I don’t have results yet, but I’m hoping to hear something toward the end of the week.   And, I’m still waiting on the appointment with my doctor’s colleague so basically no news on that front.   You know how it is with doctors’ offices…..

Tomorrow is Boss’ Day.   If you have a fabulous boss, don’t forget to recognize them in some way.

Have a Pink-mazing Tuesday!!   And, may your next run teach you something new about what a phenomenal person you really are!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

B-Plus

Baboon - pass the oatmeal.

Pink - I hope you get some news from the doc soon.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

Another RD for me today. I think it will be my last one. I feel pretty good today.

Yesterday I did have some little issues with speech, and my head was a bit fuzzy. My wife actually called Ask-A-Nurse and they referred me to my doctor. I called his office and a nurse said that I should go to the walk-in. By this time it was the early afternoon and I was feeling a little better, so I skipped it. Fortunately I am feeling much better today. My wife believes (and I concur) that I had the remnants of hypothermia, that I got during my race on Saturday. Man that stuff is nasty. She actually wants me to find an earlier fall Marathon so I don't have to be out in that weather.

Time to start getting back on the horse. Tomorrow I'll probably go out for 3 or 4 miles nice and slow just to see how I'm doing. The legs do feel great now. I can't believe how fast they bounced back after the trashing they took. I do have a 5k in a week and a half, time to get ready for that. Smile

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I took the car to be serviced and then headed for a test run.  6 miles without pain, with the last mile at MP also without pain.  Psoas is tight and I could feel it at the end so I'll need to do a longer run this week to see how it feels.  As the doctor said, it is not sprained which is good.  Cautiously optimistic that I can pick training back up and do MCM without issue.

Shari, enjoy the TM run.

B+, enjoy the well deserved rest.

Baboon, enjoy your oatmeal and you deserve the HM break.

Sarah, sorry you are going through this but 2014 will be much better for you!  Stay strong.

Andrew, you shouldn't have skipped it just in case it is something recurrent.  Enjoy the rest.

Damaris

LRB

What up doe!

Got a late start this morning but things are starting to settle down.  I really wish I could run, but I am not quite there yet.  For those who can, enjoy it!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Hard to go to work today after such a great long weekend of racing, time with a friend, time with parents and time with boyfriend. Ugh. Got my RR up late last night. Lots of RRs to read!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Andrew, you shouldn't have skipped it just in case it is something recurrent.  Enjoy the rest.

Yep Damaris. Looking back at it I probably should have at least been seen by the head medical guy at the race.

- Andrew

B-Plus

Docket - I read that as you're taking the cat to be serviced. I hope your body is fine and your run goes well.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

12.5 This am. Pilates later.

Took yesterday as a rest day. I'd run over 300 miles without a day off, it was needed and overdue.

Marjorie

B-Plus

Dad on the run.

Hello everyone! Skipped out this weekend on my running :/ Was enjoying my time off with DD and DW. I did 3.5 miles last night. First 3 with the preggo wife and the last half was by myself at a 6:51 pace. Now to just stretch that pace to another .5 and run a sub 7 mile Smile

Hit the gym this morning with some chest and shoulder and looking to grab 6 tonight with maybe some light ab work.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.