Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES Can only mean one thing... (Read 44 times)

LRB

A speed work session for me tomorrow, while racing season starts for some of the peeps in the dailies.  Yeeeah boyeee!

Up first though is some core and strength stuff and a short run this morning.

Care to enlighten us on your plans today?

Morning all.

Well I am probably going to try to do something at lunchtime, but not sure whether inside or out. It's warm, in the 30's, but windy as a mofo. Plus on the treadmill I'd be able to watch the USA-Canada hockey game. We'll see.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

This 610 is already a pain in the ass, or maybe it's my stupid computer/s. I can't seem to get my computers to "find" the device, they keep finding my 410.... 

Anyways, Rocky and I were up before dawn and we got our 6 miles in. 38 degrees with winds up to 17 mph, yay.

Edit: I got it to work on my laptop so yippy.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

I only had time to run 8 miles last night, at 7:46 pace, before I went to Montreal to see the baby. She is gorgeous! She looks like a rose bud, smells like sweet dew and kept looking at all of us with intelligent and inquisitive eyes. She's a pearl. 7.5 lbs. My DD has gray-green eyes and her boyfriend has blue eyes and both are strawberry blond, so Esmee will most probably look like them too. Her eyes are blue at the moment, like all newborns, but a pale blue, not dark. And the few hair she has is definitely blond. My DD was looking fantastic and she only has about 10 lbs to lose to get back to her usual 130 lbs (she's 5'9"). She'll lose it fast with the breastfeeding. She gave birth all naturally, nothing was given to her at all and she didn't let them cut her (she did tear). 8.5 hours of pain. That's crazy and/or bad ass. I don't know.  Anyway, I'm pretty happy.  We will visit again on Sunday.

13 miles easy tonight.

P.S. Pretty happy as well with Canada's performance at the Olympics. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Morning dailies:

Rick - enjoy the easy day, and speed tomorrow

DaveP - hockey

Free - nice job early

Today's agenda - go to work, wait for 12:00, turn on radio, put on jersey, U.S.A!  This evening, the "Rick" VO2 workout awaits on a post-it.  Easy tomorrow, first race of the year Sunday.  Smile

1)She is gorgeous! She looks like a rose bud, smells like sweet dew and kept looking at all of us with intelligent and inquisitive eyes. She's a pearl. 7.5 lbs.

2)P.S. Pretty happy as well with Canada's performance at the Olympics. 

1) Congrats! Big grin

2)

1) Congrats! Big grin

2)

+1 to both.

Dave

delicate flower

Happy Friday and what do ya say there, Mr. and Mrs. Runsalot!  I dragged my tired keester to the gym early this morning for a real easy 5 miler.  My legs felt good and I am READY for my half marathon tomorrow.  I am curious to see how much all the treadmilling the last few months is going to impact me, because I don't care what anyone says, treadmilling running does not prepare as well as road running does.  But as treadmill running goes, I've been very strong lately.

Have a wonderful day, kiddos.  Hopefully you'll all have a chance to listen to your Quiet Riot cassettes today.

ETA:  Congratulations, Lily!  'Bout time.  Big grin

<3

Happy Friday, everyone!

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. Have fun doing strength and core work and getting your run on.

DaveP MI, have a wonderful lunchtime workout.

FreeSoul 87, sweet six.

Lily, excellent eight and CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm thrilled that everyone is doing well. DD is tough. I guess she takes after her mamaSmile

Jay, enjoy the RickVO2 workout.

Phil, bravo on the five. Good luck tomorrow!

I did weights, push-ups, and ab work this morning. I'll run after work; I'm not sure of the distance yet. I'm listening to Hanoi Rocks.

Docket_Rocket

This 610 is already a pain in the ass, or maybe it's my stupid computer/s. I can't seem to get my computers to "find" the device, they keep finding my 410.... 

Anyways, Rocky and I were up before dawn and we got our 6 miles in. 38 degrees with winds up to 17 mph, yay.

Edit: I got it to work on my laptop so yippy.

It's probably the computer.  All my uploading problems with Garmin went away (and I always had issues uploading) when I bought a Mac.  So I guess it's always the PC and the uploading process.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Eight days down.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

My legs felt good and I am READY for my half marathon tomorrow.

The OP has been modified for you, Jay Z and all the other racers in this beeyotch!

Will run for scenery.

I had an awesome run last night.  25 miles.  Effortless.  In my dreams.

IRL, I did manage to hit the gym last night.  Legs feel awesome.

Lily - Congrats on DGD #1 !  And yeah I caught that Canadian victory in women's curling.  Very impressive!

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

I suddenly got "sick" so it became necessary to take today and Monday off. Good thing DW and I are going to Zion! That should clear up this illness in no time!

Nevrgivup

I just popped in to say I did 5 minute running intervals today, so technically about 1.5 miles of running. I did about 3 miles total of walk/running. I'm happy as a clam and may not seem like much to some, but I'm one happy girl. 5 weeks post-op. Not rushing things, but I see a spring 5K in my future. Physical therapy is going great and I wish I could go forever. LOL. My therapist is amazing. 

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del.