Beginners and Beyond

I was planning to run this as a Long Run Oops. Martian HM RR. (Read 89 times)

never run

Let's see since I liked the t-shirt, I decided earlier this week to run the Martian HM in Dearborn this morning in place of my LR.  I didn't really push the pace especially the 2nd half but I didn't run it at long run pace either.  results 1:41:51.  I was trying to keep it at feeling no harder than say a MP effort run which is why the 2nd half was a lot slower and I walked a couple of aide stations.  It was great running weather except for the last say 30 minute or so when it started to snain (snow/rain).

8:01

7:34

7:20

7:28

7:25

7:36

7:43

7:42

8:05

7:44

8:04

7:49

7:48

Bad Ass

Great job notwithstanding, speedy.  How did the MP effort feel like?

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

never run

Basically somewhere just short of a tempo, and I backed off when it started feeling hard.  So I ran "strong" but not hard.

Bad Ass

Good workout overall, sounds like.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Congrats on completing another HM. I need to arrange a visit with my dad next year so I can run this one and meet a few of you.

Rondog65

Another great race report this weekend, I think this is going to be a common theme here.  1:41:51 great time for a Half Marathon, outstanding.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

robinde

Great job!

Well done!

I probably saw you there, but did not know it, you finished about 6 minutes ahead of me. But I doubt you stuck around for too long afterwards in that mess. I guess there are more MI runners on this forum than I realized.

And go ahead and gloat about the cool shirts. The women's were bright Martian green, the men's were a humble earthling white.

Dave

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Sounds like a fun way to do a training run. Very nice effort, and smart too.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

never run

The women's were bright Martian green, the men's were a humble earthling white.

Hey you could have asked for a women's cut.  Evil

LRB

Dreamer

I actually entertained the idea of running the first few miles of this with you but shit, not at those speeds - lmao!

You are really good at this!

So what exactly is your goal race or are you just training?

MRT: This too shall pass

YAYpril - B-Plus

Wow! Great "training" run. That's an amazing time. I can't wait to see you actually race a HM!

Trail Monster

Nice 'long run'!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

never run

My Goal race is the 5/3 Riverbank Run in Grand Rapids on May 11.  I want to be Sub 2 for sure and closer to sub 1:55 for the 25k race.

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

Nice job! I was consdering doing this race. I love it when the organizers have a sense of humor!

MM #8764 / HF #6535

PRs: 5K - 27:43, 10K - 57:14, HM - 2:06:18, FM - 5:22:42

~How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were supposed to be?~