Beginners and Beyond

Sooner rather than later SunDAILIES (Read 31 times)

LRB

Yeah, springing ahead is normally not so bad because it usually is accompanied by warm weather.

Hello?

Oh well, later for that I guess.  Long run on tap for me an hour earlier than normal, what about you?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Ugh, drinking my coffee and just finished my cinnamon raisin english muffin.... I've got a 15 miler ahead of me wishing it was just a tad bit warmer - 30 degrees right now. Sadly, if I wait until 8 or 9 AM, Dorian will be awake while DH will not so I must head out the door whether I want to or not.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Rick, enjoy your run.

FreeSoul87, I hope that you have a fantastic fifteen-miler.

Sometime within the hour, I'll head out for ten miles. Later today, I'll head to the gym for one set of each of my weight training exercises. I'll feeling a serious taper tantrum about to happen; I want to do my usual three sets.

I went to the doctor Friday afternoon. I'm on azythromicin, albuterol, and something for my cough (only before sleep, to keep me comfortable).

Hip Redux

First DNS of the season!   Debating whether or not to go and get the t-shirt I paid for.

delicate flower

First DNS of the season! 

Sorry.  Sad

Headed out in a few minutes to accompany the wife on her 9 miler.  My legs are little heavy after yesterday's 20, so I am expecting her to put a beatdown on me today.

Slept 9 hours last night, and yes I remembered to set the clock ahead.  I like weekend sleeps.

'Morning!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I want my hour back!  Bike ride tonight, maybe a long one.

Oski, sorry about the DNS.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

OskiSad

Phil, have fun on your run with MBC. Damaris, enjoy the ride.

Boo. Snow melted yesterday, then froze overnight. I kept having to tiptoe over icy patches on my loop. I cut it short at 2.30 miles after 22:56. I'll serve 10.0 on the TM at the gym later.

happylily

Morning!

Thanks for letting me know about the time change. I was completely oblivious to it, and so was SO. It's like he and I live on another planet. We went for a walk yesterday, it was 0C, beautiful! But today is -11C, I think. Only a few more weeks and it will be mud city around here. Anyway, I have 20 miles coming up. Then I'll cook some honey curried chicken with DS. His favorite.

Enjoy your day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Happy Sunday, Dailies!

It's coffee time!!!

Well, I overslept this morning. Wanted to be at Academy Sports when it opened this morning because the ammo truck delivered at 4 AM today. Hoping to find some 9 mm. But I missed that boat.

Otherwise, SRD in terms of running, though I do have a boatload of yard work that needs to be done so I might start on that this afternoon. Spring is almost here.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

I completely got lost in my thoughts, took the wrong exit to my loop, only to snap out of it when I realized I had no flippin' idea where I was!  lol  What a ding a ling!

outoftheblue

I'm up, but not springing around yet.  Having some coffee and then up to the garden to pick some asparagus, which has just started to come up over the last couple of days.  Then it's to the chicken coop to get some eggs for an asparagus omelet.    Track workout later today.

Life is good.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Crazy week this week with that flippin' colonoscopy being done on Thursday - usually a running day for me.  Threw my whole week off, as I usually run Tues/Thurs/Sat/Sun.   Well, I managed to get a run in on Tuesday, then had 2 days off for the prep and then the colonoscopy.  I slept most of Friday, feeling very lazy, but did finally get out Friday afternoon and got in a 3-mile trail run, which felt pretty good, it helped shake the 'cobwebs' out of my head and body.  Saturday I did my 15th race of the year - https://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/f9ce0e0cac6e496f9b08330c448d03c3/resume#focus - and that turned out fairly well, with a 33-something finish.

I slept in again today - just got up about 20 minutes ago and woke to a miserable looking day of rain, wind, thunder, and some lightning.  Gonna see if it calms down a bit and if so I will go to a nearby local park and try and get a few miles in.  I don't mind running in the rain, but lightning is something else.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

because the ammo truck delivered at 4 AM today. Hoping to find some 9 mm.

Dang, Tom...I don't want to be your competition in a race!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Scotty, I would think that with the preparation for the c'scopy, you would have gotten your mileage in on Wednesday as you ran back and forth to the bathroom. Smile

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

because the ammo truck delivered at 4 AM today. Hoping to find some 9 mm.

Dang, Tom...I don't want to be your competition in a race!

Don't worry - I have plenty of rifle ammo for that! Smile