Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: Mirror Mirror On The Wall, Am I The Smartest Of Them All? (Read 51 times)

LRB

Cool WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD Cool 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally!) And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

LRB

Good morning!

Thanks for starting today's thread, Rick.

I'm on my way to the gym to do cardio and push-ups. Weights and abs must wait until tonight:/

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good Morning and happy Thursday, LRB & Basya! Morning Dailies!

Coffee's done, breakfast is in the toaster, and I'm 'bout heading downtown for the last day of training. It's supposed to be a half day, but we'll see. Hopefully, I can squeeze 5 or 6 miles with hills this afternoon, because I start 12 hour days tomorrow and won't have a lot of time to run over the weekend.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

flarunner

Mornin' Boys & Girls!

6 mile tempo run this morning. Really had to focus to maintain the tempo. It was a little bit hurty.

Have a great day everyone!

@runjerseygirl

Good morning!  LRB, thanks for the laugh this morning. Big grin

Thursday means spin class for me today.

I'm having my coffee now, but here's some love for the tea drinkers out there.

Do you even run?

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  After my asthma issues last night, I'm hoping today's MLR goes well.  Off to Court and then back home to work from here.

LRB, thanks for that little bit of morning humor. Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

I had no spring in the legs last night, after the hills I did Tuesday night. So I switched my MLR for a 9 mile recovery run instead. I'll do the 13 miler tonight. Hopefully the spring will be back.

Stay safe everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

runmomto3boys

Basya: I hope the cardio/push ups go well!

LRB: Good morning!

Tom: Have a great day at training and a nice 5-6 miler!

Flarunner: Nice job pushing through and getting the tempo run done!

Kay: Have a great day at spin!

Damaris: I am hoping your asthma doesn't interfere with that MLR today either.

Julie: Enjoy the MLR!  I'm sure that recovery day did your legs well!

8 mile recovery run plus strengthening stuff on tap for today.

Just B.S.

Morning Thursdailies!!!!

Only one workout today!Smile  Swim clinic from 6-7:15 but he works us out pretty hard to it should

be fun!  Glad its not a running day as I would have to do it on the treadmill. The feels like temp

today is -22F.

Whatever you are doing today I hope you have fun!

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!!

5 easy recovery miles for me this morning.  Enjoying some coffee and still trying to wake up. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

What ya got there, cowboy!!  ROFFLES!  I do kind of wonder what would happen if I tried to run a 5K at max effort right now.  Speaking of which, I actually got some decent sleep last night and I seem to be in less pain today.  Yesterday was tough, man.

Yesterday's movies:

The Adjustment Bureau

21 Jump Street

Sherlock Holmes 2

Decent flicks.  I want to see something that wows me though.  I may have to check the PPV offerings.

<3

Jess runs for bacon

What ya got there, cowboy!!  ROFFLES!  I do kind of wonder what would happen if I tried to run a 5K at max effort right now.  Speaking of which, I actually got some decent sleep last night and I seem to be in less pain today.  Yesterday was tough, man.

Yesterday's movies:

The Adjustment Bureau

21 Jump Street

Sherlock Holmes 2

Decent flicks.  I want to see something that wows me though.  I may have to check the PPV offerings.

You need to watch Sherlock the TV show! So much better than the movies. I watched the last (available) episode last night.

Tried to keep up with everyone at the LRS group run last night and just couldn't manage it, turned around 1.4 or so in and ran back. Today's a rest day for me today, but I'll be doing a workout video and my ITB rehab.

Nevrgivup

Good morning guys. Heading out for 6-7 miles in a few. Life has gotten super busy. I love that my running is so casual right now. I do have a few races on the horizon, but I'm just going to "run" them. I've decided that with everything going on with school, work, family, running, and swimming to put less pressure on myself and just get out there and run. I really want to run a faster 5K this summer, but not so sure if my miles will support it. After May, I will be half-way through my Master's program!! Time is flying by and than I can really focus on my running goals.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

SRD today. Probably. Definitely going to the gym at lunch for Myrtl and core, and I have to do 5 either today or tomorrow. We'll see how I feel after work.