Beginners and Beyond

Simple SunDAILIES (Read 38 times)

LRB

'Sup Crew!

We have another crisp morning here (currently 55) which will probably be the last of that until September or thereabouts.

Once my coffee mug reaches E, I plan to get out in it for 6 to 8 miles of the easy variety.  The exact distance of which will be decided on the fly.

What's up with you?

delicate flower

Happy Sunday!  I like Saturday races since that leaves Sunday to recover.  Wife wants to run 10 miles and it looks like I'll be joining her.

It's funny how a HM feels short on the heels of a marathon cycle.

<3

LRB

...I plan to get out in it for 6 to 8 miles of the easy variety.  The exact distance of which will be decided on the fly.

8 easy done.

I totally forgot today was Fathers Day!    So enjoy your day to all the dads, big brothers, uncles etc. out there!

'Sup Boon!

Cyberic

Didn't have time to do a full long run. Actually I could have taken the time, but I also didn't want to be too wasted today. Did a 90 minute run instead of the 120 minutes I'm supposed to do on Sundays. Have to drive 4 hours (2+2) to see relatives today.

10.5 miles. Knee pain is back. Fuck.

Dave

Knee pain is back.

UGH.

Out the door for some slow and low to see if the glute behaves.

LRB

Didn't have time to do a full long run. Actually I could have taken the time, but I also didn't want to be too wasted today. Did a 90 minute run instead of the 120 minutes I'm supposed to do on Sundays. Have to drive 4 hours (2+2) to see relatives today.

Don't 'cha just hate when life gets in the way of running?  lol  Nice job!

Hope all works out for you Dave.  Thankfully you have had the year of your life with training and racing so cutting back is not the end of the world as it may have been had you not accomplished so much.  Having said that training for Detroit is just around the corner so I know this sucks but there is time to recoup and recover plus like me, you have experience at this sort of thing which will help guide your path.

Good luck with the stimulation run Jay!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  17 miles done.  I wanted more but it was already 92F and 74 dewpoint by 8am so it was best to just keep it where I left it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

10.5 miles. Knee pain is back. Fuck.

Fuck.  Hope it's nothing!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

Got 18.12 miles in the rain, in 2:29:05. About 8:12 pace. That's all I could do before my back started to burn, my legs turned to wood, my plantar began maliciously whispering "I'm back!" and my calves got angry at me. I decided that another 8 miles in the so called "pain cave" would not be healthy for me and I called it a day. I might have run the first half juuust a bit too fast, in 1:43 and change. I was aiming for 1:45/1:47. Otherwise, it was a perfectly nice little marathon, rolling hills, 4 loops, great people, blah, blah, blah... Would have been a great day if my body had not decided that today was the day it would fall apart. I was 3rd female overall (on 114 participants) at that 18th mile, but it really does not mean anything... Conclusion: I believe I need a good and thorough break from running for the next 2 or 3 weeks. And I need to start again on my core exercises routine. I've become soft in the tummy area.   Why did I think that a marathon 5 weeks after another marathon would be fun? Because I'm an idiot.

Aside from that, we've almost completed our 14 hour drive to PEI, just another 3 hours to go. Have a great day everyone! 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Got 18.12 miles in the rain, in 2:29:05. About 8:12 pace. That's all I could do before my back started to burn, my legs turned to wood, my plantar began maliciously whispering "I'm back!" and my calves got angry at me. I decided that another 8 miles in the so called "pain cave" would not be healthy for me and I called it a day. I might have run the first half juuust a bit too fast, in 1:43 and change. I was aiming for 1:45/1:47. Otherwise, it was a perfectly nice little marathon, rolling hills, 4 loops, great people, blah, blah, blah... Would have been a great day if my body had not decided that today was the day it would fall apart. I was 3rd female overall (on 114 participants) at that 18th mile, but it really does not mean anything... Conclusion: I believe I need a good and thorough break from running for the next 2 or 3 weeks. And I need to start again on my core exercises routine. I've become soft in the tummy area.   Why did I think that a marathon 5 weeks after another marathon would be fun? Because I'm an idiot.

Aside from that, we've almost completed our 14 hour drive to PEI, just another 3 hours to go. Have a great day everyone! 

Sorry to hear you had a tough day.  Take a break of a couple of days and see how you feel.  Maybe a break is all you need!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Baboon

Oh I remember that feeling.  When backing down to a 13 mile LR felt slackerly...

LRB

Hell yeah much better than the heat of the day.

ric

bleh driving... bleh.  I need to do that on Tuesday after an 11 miler... it wont be any fun either.

Dave

ack no pain no pain!   Can you identify the cause?   Last time I had any issue like that was from overstriding combines with up and down hills.  (a couple of years back)

Jay

Back out after 3 days no running?  Be careful as you know it is way easy to run too fast, like a racehorse fresh out of the stable.

DR

Nice and how the F can it be more humid in DFW than in Florida?!?     Though, I think I had a better time at my temp and dewpoint that you did...  Wink

Lily

Yep and yep - too fast too furious...   and 5 weeks apart...  ouch.  As I recall it takes a minimum of 3 weeks to recover the  body fluids/ chemistry from a hard raced HM.  I don't know about a full, but that sounds tight.

Probably good call on stopping.

AM:

one run today - 8 miles + strides.  Kept the HR down relatively well - much better than last afternoons run.

Still  71F - 70 dewpoint - wind + hills, made for a sweaty/ soggy run.

Docket_Rocket

Baboon

Oh I remember that feeling.  When backing down to a 13 mile LR felt slackerly...

LRB

Hell yeah much better than the heat of the day.

ric

bleh driving... bleh.  I need to do that on Tuesday after an 11 miler... it wont be any fun either.

Dave

ack no pain no pain!   Can you identify the cause?   Last time I had any issue like that was from overstriding combines with up and down hills.  (a couple of years back)

Jay

Back out after 3 days no running?  Be careful as you know it is way easy to run too fast, like a racehorse fresh out of the stable.

DR

Nice and how the F can it be more humid in DFW than in Florida?!?     Though, I think I had a better time at my temp and dewpoint that you did...  Wink

Lily

Yep and yep - too fast too furious...   and 5 weeks apart...  ouch.  As I recall it takes a minimum of 3 weeks to recover the  body fluids/ chemistry from a hard raced HM.  I don't know about a full, but that sounds tight.

Probably good call on stopping.

AM:

one run today - 8 miles + strides.  Kept the HR down relatively well - much better than last afternoons run.

Still  71F - 70 dewpoint - wind + hills, made for a sweaty/ soggy run.

I had 74 dewpoint, you said you had 70-71.  At 5am (when I started, it was 77 dewpoint)  So, mine was more humid. 

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Nuh uh

92/74 = 55% humidity

71/70 = 96% humidity.

BUT yours felt worse and had more physical impact on you.  So... I'll take mine but still complain.  

Docket_Rocket

% of humidity is useless for runners.  Have you not read my posts before????? 

Complain ahead.  We are experiencing a bad Summer and we still have 4 months to go.  I am sure you are too.  Down with Summer! 

http://www.runnersworld.com/race-training/training-heat

Damaris

Fundraising Page