Beginners and Beyond

Dailies! It's Friday! Didn't You Get the Memo? (Read 36 times)

Docket_Rocket

Sheesh!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

URD yesterday, will try to run today.  Trixie should be coming home tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I got up and out the door to a beautiful 54 degrees this morning before the sun, I wore my shorts and a short-sleeved t-shirt, it felt great to not have to take 5-10 minutes to get dressed AND to not be wearing 2 or 3 layers of clothing. We ran 6 miles, got home and I jumped back into bed - which is why I am just now posting this Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Yugo8

The dailies are getting more and more dead!  Come on, people!  

Docket:  Most excellent on Trixie coming home.  Have a great run.

FreeSoul:  Nice run with doggie.  Yay for the weather.

Me?  I will see how my work day goes.  Maybe run, maybe rest (work Christmas  in the evening).

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

URD yesterday, will try to run today.  Trixie should be coming home tonight.

That's great news! Hopefully recovery goes well. Keep her off her speed workouts for a while.

AFM, 5.5 Miles on the TM this morning at my new Easy pace. I've been resisting slowing down on my Easy pace to get in line with what Daniel's says I should be at - but I've done it at least these last two days. Now I just need to talk with the lady in charge of the gym again to see if she can get the TMs to go longer than 60 minutes. With my new pace I can't break 6 miles with my warmup. I'd have to do my warmup, stop the TM and then start it again. Not the end of the world, but a pain. I guess I could make it really worth it and not run 6 miles, just go straight to 7. Smile

Last night I brought DD to story hour at the library. I've been bringing her for months, and she's at the upper limit for age (18 months). She's really a big kid compared to the new faces. It's meant to be just a lap time story hour (actually it only lasts about 15 minutes) with play time afterwards. We've had a bit of turnover so there's a lot of 10 month old infants, and then there's my 18 month old who runs around while the others just watch her. I think it's time to go up one level. Smile Now I just need to figure out what that is.

Tonight we need to run to the store to pickup some portraits that we got printed on canvas for Christmas presents. Then we'll pick up probably a few other small items to wrap up our Christmas purchasing.

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

Bahaha, Andrew!

She is not out of the woods yet.  Biopsy results should be in before the holidays, and we are not sure what they will say.  Her pancreas was not transparent and her liver was yellow when they opened her, so something is going on there.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

Sheesh!

That is so funny!  I guess I am just trying to give other people an opportunity but OKAY I HEAR YOU!

LRB

Supp yo!

No running for me today but I managed to stretch pretty thoroughly before work and threw in four sets of pushups for good measure.  Busy morning so far but I will be around....

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Bummer!  My race for tomorrow morning was cancelled.  I do have one tomorrow night.  So looks like I will only 'tie' my record from last year, with 74 races done for the year, instead of 75.  Which is still a pretty darn lot of races.   OK, I went a bit nutso on my run/walk yesterday.  Went to Fort Sam Houston to 3 miles of hill work.  I was feeling really good and ended up with FIVE miles of hills instead of 3, good lord.  By the time I was doing my last hill - I did 7 hills in all and these were not baby hills either - my legs were screaming at me "C'mon, idiot, kick us back higher so FEET can kick you in the butt for putting us through this!"  I got back to the gym feeling exhausted, but in a good way, if you know what I mean.

Thankfully, Gail and I are both off today., so rest day for me.   We enjoyed sleeping in and will go around together today doing some errands and having some 'quality time" together, nice.  I am actually off work now "officially" until January 3rd.  But will probably pop in-and-out of the office for an hour or two here-and-there just so I won't have a ton of 'catch-up" to do after the holidays.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

4.5 miles plus a mile walking.  I walked a mile first then tried running.  Since it felt okay, I did 4.5 running.  I didn't push as I didn't know how it would feel running 4 days in a row.  It did okay so I can't complain

Marjorie

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Question for those who've followed Daniels. His Marathon Plan A says 4 minutes hard with an associated recovery period (like 2 minutes). I'm wondering about the pace. Pretty much everywhere else he says T pace, I pace, R pace, etc. I could run this at my I pace, which is definitely Hard.

- Andrew

LRB

Question for those who've followed Daniels. His Marathon Plan A says 4 minutes hard with an associated recovery period (like 2 minutes). I'm wondering about the pace. Pretty much everywhere else he says T pace, I pace, R pace, etc. I could run this at my I pace, which is definitely Hard.

It is like that in my book as well, that is a typo I think.  Looking at the term in context, the only time throughout the book the word hard precedes a given pace is "I" pace, so I always looked at it as that.  Like, he never says hard tempo pace or hard marathon pace.  It is always hard "I" pace.

LRB

Me?  I will see how my work day goes.  Maybe run, maybe rest...

Well?

FS, I will be thrilled if the temps stay in the 30's for my run tomorrow!

Great news MA!

Supp D!

Sorry your race got cancelled Scotty.  lol

Yugo8

8 miles at lunch.  It was the kind of run where the first 2-3 miles are the most cranky and awful, and then I finally found my groove and had a really nice run.

Whoo-hoo!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

8 miles at lunch.  It was the kind of run where the first 2-3 miles are the most cranky and awful, and then I finally found my groove and had a really nice run.

Whoo-hoo!

As the saying goes: Don't just a run by the first mile. Smile

- Andrew