Beginners and Beyond

Distracted SUNDAILIES (Read 260 times)

delicate flower

SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!  Happy Sunday!  Day off from running for me.  I'm due.  Lots of stuff to do today though, including a "Chilly Dog Walk" where a few dozen of us greyhound owners invade a local outdoor shopping center and walk our dogs around to bring awareness to the adoption group and get donations.  I swear, people give more money to dogs than they do people.  I am sure pics will be posted on Facebook for my thousands of fans.

Saw Skyfall last night.  Good flick, but I didn't walk away thinking "ZOMG Best Bond EvAR!!!"  But a good two hour distraction  which is all I ask in a movie.  

No pot roast in the crocker for me...it's going to be a fish taco night.    

<3

LRB

LRB, hey good lookin'!

Wassup baby!

What up Rob, Gus I'll take a double, Baboon - that they never explained the opening scene takes it down a notch for me.

Nevrgivup

Today is a rest day for me. My run was great yesterday and I was on cloud nine all day. Not too sore today. I need to do more stretching for sure. Have a great Sunday! I'll be writing my last paper for the semester today. I am eagerly awaiting a nice month off from school after this week!!

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Mmmmm...beer

Feeling pretty good after yesterday's solo marathon.  Easy recovery run on tap for later.  Bonus, even with thorough refueling and hydrating yesterday, I'm down 2.5lbs today. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

15.0 miles done in 2:38:17. 10:33 pace. Kristin, I'm running the Jerusalem Marathon this coming March.
            scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

On Saturday, December 8th, 2012 I participated in the Jingle Bell 5K in Gruene, Texas, put on by Comal Independent School District and benefiting St. Jude’s Ranch for Children.  Below is the link to my report and photos.  Please feel free to share the report and photos.

http://forums.runnersworld.com/forums/runner-communities/beginners#plckforumpage=ForumDiscussion&plckdiscussionid=Cat%3ARunner%20CommunitiesForum%3A608106477Discussion%3A03499f23-ec1e-43e2-b2fe-8ed3c04d3113

I slept in this morning.   Gail and I will be going to the gym at Randolph Air Force Base after she gets home from church.  Not sure yet, if I will run or do a weight training circuit.  See how I feel after she gets home.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

jedigunnie26.2, Happy Runniversary! Kristin, enjoy your SRD. Just B.S., have a great run with your husband. Robert, excellent job getting it done. Gustav, I envy you one night of eight hours of sleep; I'd enjoy one of those sometime. Baboon, enjoy the day with the doggies. Hilary, I'm happy that you're running again; I can't fault you for smilingSmile Dtothe2nd, have a great run and congratulations on the weight loss. scottydawg, congrats on the race and enjoy your workout.
                So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hi all...hope you all are having a super Sunday.

My run was pretty good today:  8.89 miles overall with 1.5 miles uphill at HMP 7 miles in.  Unfortunately, I started out way too fast with the first HMP mile, and was only able to go 1.2 miles before having to drop my pace for a bit.  I could actually taste the lactic buildup in my mouth.  After my little jog I found another hill and did the last .3 that I needed.  It was a good week for me at 66 miles.  Hopefully, that's what I'll average over the next 10 weeks before upping the average to the 70s for the following 10.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

dallison

registered pw

19.1 great miles today.

2017 goals:

sub 1:30 half 

Dtothe2nd- I am impressed that you feel well today!

Kay- Congrats on the new distance.

TxDiver-  I hope your race went well!

Basya- A new distance....how exciting!  I love hitting a new mark.

Jedi-  Happy Runniversary!!!

Kristi- I also hate running in the dark.  It is taking all of my mental toughness to run on a regular basis.  I cannot wait until spring.

Gustav-  I would love to have 2 8 hour nights of sleep in a row.  I don't see that happening in the near future.

Baboon-  I hope you raised lots of money for your four legged friends.

Nevrgivup-  Enjoy your break from school.

I did 6.8 miles easy this morning with a couple of friends.  1st week of 1/2 marathon training is officially complete.  Day off tomorrow...and I think I need it.  Off to watch my daughter play some basketball.

Jess runs for bacon

Good afternoon everyone! Woke up this morning with my knee still stiff from yesterday's virtual HM. Went for a 11.5 mile bike ride with another runner, it felt great. My knee is still a little stiff but tons better than before the ride. Now I'm just lazing around and reading "Marathon" by Hal Higdon. After such a good bike ride today, I'm thinking about getting a trainer for my bike. I guess I could bike outside, but it's hard enough to get out there to run in the winter!
                        tinman11

A glass of chocolate milk is in order.

This is a perfect reward.  And it's been earned.

I'm washing windows today..........and watching football.

Also working on a PR for consuming Hershey's Kisses today.

seeamyrun

17.22 miles with 13 at MP. Very warm and humid.

I'm gonnas grab some lunch and a power nap. My work Christmas party is tonight.

Strong running everyone! 

@runjerseygirl

I agree!

This is a perfect reward.  And it's been earned.

Do you even run?

StepbyStep-SH

Heavy wet snow falling here - probably 2-3" so far - that will be the perfect excuse to just take it easy at this evening's 5k. I usually do this one just for fun, anyway. It goes through a light display in a local park - 2.5 million lights, or something like that - and ends with hot cocoa in a heated tent. This snow won't be great for running in, but it sets a nice mood, especially since the temps are in the 20s and there is no wind. One year, it was literally a blizzard with -20*F windchills. And, yeah, we still ran it.

If I get there in time to do a short warm-up or if I add a cool-down, I should hit 40 miles for the week. Trying to do that the rest of this month to meet my goal for the 2012in2012 game.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.