Beginners and Beyond

This kind of made my day... (Read 128 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

DW and older DD were at a track meet and I took younger DD to swim practice. As some of you know, she is a competitive swimmer (now getting into running) and she trains every day from 4-6. After practice the two of us went to a place called The Habit.  I usually eat pretty decently and was contemplating the onion rings, a nice treat to share between us. DD said, "It's ok, Dad. We're both athletes and we can work  it off at our next work out."  I was thinking "Whoa, my daughter thinks I'm an athlete!"  I got the onion rings.  Smile

Sloooow.

Bless her Smile You earned it!

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

Right on.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

Love the Half

I eat a fairly healthy diet myself but you absolutely must treat yourself on occasion.  Life is too short not to enjoy it.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Docket_Rocket

Cool!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

robinde

Love it!

happylily

I ate a Kit Kat last night. It tasted like crap but I had to eat it. You know... in support of those who really shouldn't eat Kit Kats...Big grin

Way to go, Mr Athlete you. Smile

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Mostly harmless

I ate a Kit Kat last night. It tasted like crap but I had to eat it. You know... in support of those who really shouldn't eat Kit Kats...Big grin

Way to go, Mr Athlete you. Smile

I ate a piece of cake last night because, well you know, it was fucking cake.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

happylily

LOL

That's the only good reason, come to think of it. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Now I want cake and kit kats.  Da fuck?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

As this thread has turned towards food...

Today I discovered that there is a very legit gelatto place 67 steps from my front door. I might have had to stop to celebrate my first track workout since 2011.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

Luke79

LMAO

Docket_Rocket

You're going to stop only once?

As this thread has turned towards food...

Today I discovered that there is a very legit gelatto place 67 steps from my front door. I might have had to stop to celebrate my first track workout since 2011.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Smart daughter! Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

MrNamtor

As gratifying as your teen age daughter acknowledging  of you as an athlete is Jack, i think what's even cooler is that she thinks you can burn calories the way she can. Big grin