Beginners and Beyond

SUNDAILIES Are Stayin' Alive (Read 64 times)

scottydawg, enjoy the beautiful scenery and weather.

Zelanie, have fun on your virtual half.

Shari, I'm happy that your run went well. What a nice greeting upon your returnSmile

paulajmcd, changing your plans for today sounds like a smart move.

Damaris, I'm glad that your run went well. Nu, which shoes did you choose?

SUSchnauzer, excellent pace on the 10.1.

outoftheblue, chili, yum!

AmiK, brava running nine miles at a sub-9:00 pace.

Rick, sweet run today.

AprilRunner, great job keeping the streak going.

Tom, I hope that your SRD is refreshing.

Fuzzy, amazing 18.4.

DCDan78, I'm glad that you met your goals with today's run.

MarjorieAnn3137, 23.7? Wow!

I'm at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf on Yafo, sipping a Moroccan mint tea, after having inhaled the Classic 300gr burger with mushrooms and caramelized onions and a side of fries.

I'm looking forward to the Bay State Marathon on October 20. I hope to complete it in 4:00:00 or less.

I have always been very claustrophobic and this tested my to the point I almost backed out. But I wasn't about to be outdone by a bunch of 12-18 year olds. So I pushed thru like the rappelling trip last spring(severe fear of heights)and went down a 120 cliff face.

Crawling thru the mud and water with only inches of clearance above my head. Quite the moment crawling out cave using a 16 foot ladder and seeing the look on my 18 year old DS face about what we just finishetd this wasnt his first time and glad he was there for mine.

now for that 6 mile run, I'm ready for this one.

Supp Clique!

Spark, 18 inches of mud, do tell?

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

YAYpril - B-Plus

We don't have Trader Joe's down here Sad

Sad. Sad I hadn't been until right before Christmas, and I am completely addicted. They won't put one in my area because they don't think it would be able to compete with Wegmans. I LOVE Wegmans and I still drive an hour each way to go to TJ's.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey beginners!  (okay, let's be honest, you runners are more like experts).   20 miles done, with the last for under MP at 6:46, 6:43, 6:44, and 6:41.  Overall pace was 7:42 and elevation gain was 923 feet.  It felt really good to hit the faster paces over the last 4 without having to strain for them.

Shirfan...That was one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time.  Chauncey it is!

Fuzzy...Those were some smoking miles.  Nicely done.

Sparker...Sounds interesting!  I don't like to get dirty though - I may have passed.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I decided to back off my mileage this weekend to give my legs a break, so I ran 4 miles on the USI's trails which were insane. Though I am sore and it was crazy, I feel so much better now Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I decided to back off my mileage this weekend to give my legs a break, so I ran 4 miles on the USI's trails which were insane. Though I am sore and it was crazy, I feel so much better now Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

BruceD555

As expected my pace was faster than what Pfitz would recommend for the LR but I ran it at my easy effort pace anyway. This run was the complete opposite of yesterday's neighborhood meandering run ... today I ran out in the country on a pretty much straight route to the next town and then back. Total run was 16 miles @ 8:24 pace in some absolutely beautiful sunshine, 30 degrees and NO WIND. Of course we're supposed to have a winter storm blow through in the next couple of days and dump another 6" of snow on us but at least I got to enjoy one nice day.

Train smart ... race smarter.

LRB

Of course we're supposed to have a winter storm blow through in the next couple of days and dump another 6" of snow on us...

Of course!  >:-/

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Trader Joes.  We finally got one but it is over in Mt Pleasant and not easy to just go over there.  Still nice to finally have one in the Charleston area.  Wish there was one on this side of Charleston, though

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Pearl Izumi.  I'll find the model later.  They felt very light and that technical trail did not kill my legs so they are good.

scottydawg, enjoy the beautiful scenery and weather.

Zelanie, have fun on your virtual half.

Shari, I'm happy that your run went well. What a nice greeting upon your returnSmile

paulajmcd, changing your plans for today sounds like a smart move.

Damaris, I'm glad that your run went well. Nu, which shoes did you choose?

SUSchnauzer, excellent pace on the 10.1.

outoftheblue, chili, yum!

AmiK, brava running nine miles at a sub-9:00 pace.

Rick, sweet run today.

AprilRunner, great job keeping the streak going.

Tom, I hope that your SRD is refreshing.

Fuzzy, amazing 18.4.

DCDan78, I'm glad that you met your goals with today's run.

MarjorieAnn3137, 23.7? Wow!

I'm at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf on Yafo, sipping a Moroccan mint tea, after having inhaled the Classic 300gr burger with mushrooms and caramelized onions and a side of fries.

I'm looking forward to the Bay State Marathon on October 20. I hope to complete it in 4:00:00 or less.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I followed up my Diploma Dash 5K  on March 2, 2013 by going on Sunday morning, March 3rd,  to Medina River Natural area - http://wildtexas.com/texas-parks/medina-river-natural-area - a San Antonio park near on the South Side of San Antonio near the Toyota Tundra truck manufacturing plant.  I haven't been there for a few months and forgot how peaceful it is to run and walk out there.  I ended up doing a run/walk of an hour and 5 minutes, stopping every so often to take some photos.  The park has both cement paved trails and natural trails and I did a combination of both.  I ended up doing just short of 6 miles, my longest outing in quite a while.

Link to my photo-report:   http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/Post/33164d3426e34308bc2a6566798569a5#focus

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Basya, the shoes are the Pearl Izumi Peak II.  Very comfy even on these technical trails.  Light too.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I read the Diploma Dash RR but I'll read the new one tonight.  Great job!

I followed up my Diploma Dash 5K  on March 2, 2013 by going on Sunday morning, March 3rd,  to Medina River Natural area - http://wildtexas.com/texas-parks/medina-river-natural-area - a San Antonio park near on the South Side of San Antonio near the Toyota Tundra truck manufacturing plant.  I haven't been there for a few months and forgot how peaceful it is to run and walk out there.  I ended up doing a run/walk of an hour and 5 minutes, stopping every so often to take some photos.  The park has both cement paved trails and natural trails and I did a combination of both.  I ended up doing just short of 6 miles, my longest outing in quite a while.

Link to my photo-report:   http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/Post/33164d3426e34308bc2a6566798569a5#focus

Damaris

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

Hey runners,

I had a really great run today in sunglass weather, which means the walking path was quite congested. I ended up with 12.2 miles @ 7:49 with the last 3.6 @ 6:59.

That finishes off the week at 40.7 miles. I'm not quite where I'd like to be, but I feel I'm getting my rhythm back. Time for some Canucks hockey now.

Step - ok, the robin proves that spring will be here, even if the weather is still wrong.

Tom - hi

Fuzzy - very nice LR pace

Kristin - will read the RR in a bit

DCDan - nice job

Marjorie - nice D

SIAR - another monster LR, and over elevation.  Well done.

FreeSoul - tough trails?

Bruce - nice job, country runs are good stuff

B+ - fast finish, good run

Chauncey was a tough training partner, we ran 20 miles.  The first 10 were brisk but comfortable, and the next 10 were harder for a 7:05 pace overall.