Beginners and Beyond

Floaters * Show Yours!* (Read 152 times)

Just B.S.

Just occurred to me that as much as I like that photo I have never posted it online

or used it in my avi.............now I have!

happylily

Just occurred to me that as much as I like that photo I have never posted it online

or used it in my avi.............now I have!

Like!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

We have been together so long (33 years) and

do so much together that pretty soon we will be like those old couples who start to look like each

other. Which is usually not a good thing for the woman.Big grin

Or the man. Joking

I have only done a few races, but it seems like most of the photos show me with barely one foot off the ground, much less two.

This is the closest - can't actually tell for sure based on the lo-res version, almost tempted to buy it to see if it is.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Or the man. Joking

I have only done a few races, but it seems like most of the photos show me with barely one foot off the ground, much less two.

This is the closest - can't actually tell for sure based on the lo-res version, almost tempted to buy it to see if it is.

I think it is... your foot would be hitting the ground at an extremely weird angle if it isn't a floater!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Mostly harmless

I was a total camera whore at the marathon I ran in March.  Out of the 30+ pictures of me at this race the only floater is this one at the finish.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Mostly harmless

Not a floater but "couple in sync" shot.

A few years ago a guy we know who does local race photography was looking for a running couple

to use in some local print stuff.

Hubby and I went out and did some running around, he took pics and I laughed when I saw that

we are running in sync and it wasn't on purpose. We have been together so long (33 years) and

do so much together that pretty soon we will be like those old couples who start to look like each

other. Which is usually not a good thing for the woman.Big grin

Nice shot!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I need to become more of a camera whore during races, I'm going to start scoping them out and doing crazy stunts in front them lol. These last two races I was in just seemed like the people taking the pics were searching for their friends or people they knew instead of taking pics of everyone. That annoys me, DH will take pics of me but then he'll also take pics of people crossing the start and finish and wherever else he is on course.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Mostly harmless

I need to become more of a camera whore during races, I'm going to start scoping them out and doing crazy stunts in front them lol. These last two races I was in just seemed like the people taking the pics were searching for their friends or people they knew instead of taking pics of everyone. That annoys me, DH will take pics of me but then he'll also take pics of people crossing the start and finish and wherever else he is on course.

Like this?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yes!!!! Exactly like that!

Like this?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Like this?

Camera whoring + a floater = win win!  Big grin

Mmmmm...beer

Floating my way to My first AG win. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I don't know if I floated during last weekend's race, I am going to have to ask if someone took pictures.

PRs

Hip Redux

I have no floaters.  **pout**

My photos always look like I'm out for a leisurely stroll.

GC100k

SLhere

Docket_Rocket

If I were to do that, I"m sure I would break a leg.

Like this?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page