Beginners and Beyond

Tap N Run Indy RR (award winner!) (Read 106 times)

LRB

That pic on stage is suitable for framing!

You do a lot of fun races and have fun while doing them.  I totally dig it, congrats!

What's next?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

What a fun event! Congrats on your win!  Awesome photos of you, you look great!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Man, I knew I should have signed up for this one. Looks like it was a blast! Congrats on the win!

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

Hip Redux

That picture of you is THE BEST!   Very awesome!

MrNamtor

that is sweet! congrats!

Rubybaby43

enabler

Congrats on 1st!  That is pretty awesome!  I will always pay extra for chip timing, but I'm curious, how much extra does it cost for this race?

I first heard about Tap N Run, I believe, from one of your posts on RW last year.  I have been bugging them to add Mpls/St. Paul to their tour!  I hope they do...soon!!  It sounds like crazy fun and I want that medal!

KLO

more miles = more beer

Ms Chenandler Bong

Congrats on 1st!  That is pretty awesome!  I will always pay extra for chip timing, but I'm curious, how much extra does it cost for this race?

I first heard about Tap N Run, I believe, from one of your posts on RW last year.  I have been bugging them to add Mpls/St. Paul to their tour!  I hope they do...soon!!  It sounds like crazy fun and I want that medal!

It was only $3 extra.  The medal is cooler then last year.  They dropped the beer chug stations to 2 instead of 3 to keep the beer colder at the stops.  Which was stupid because I drove past the 2nd chug stop 30 mins before the start and the volunteers were filling the cups.  Oh well, still beat water!

Marathon and ultra marathon runner.  Sour Patch Kid addict.

Ms Chenandler Bong

That pic on stage is suitable for framing!

You do a lot of fun races and have fun while doing them.  I totally dig it, congrats!

What's next?

Yeah, I like to have fun with races.  I take some seriously and train hard for them.  But I like to have fun at others too.

Next up is Hood to Coast!!!  Now - that's a party!!

Docket_Rocket

I knew I liked you for a reason! Wink

Yeah, I like to have fun with races.  I take some seriously and train hard for them.  But I like to have fun at others too.

Next up is Hood to Coast!!!  Now - that's a party!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Rubybaby43

enabler

It was only $3 extra.  The medal is cooler then last year.  They dropped the beer chug stations to 2 instead of 3 to keep the beer colder at the stops.  Which was stupid because I drove past the 2nd chug stop 30 mins before the start and the volunteers were filling the cups.  Oh well, still beat water!

Oh honestly...how cheap do you have to be to hold out on the extra $3?  LOL

And yes, beer trumps water every time!

KLO

more miles = more beer

Waiting to see if they have one of these races close to me but no yet, great job.

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

Hilarious, seriously, 71 miles this week....... you are an All Star.

We used to have a similar race at Penn State called the PHI PSI 500.  A 1.1 mile run with 6 bar/beer stops, all for charity.  Race would raise about $25k in the early 1980's which was good coin then.  About 1,000 runners.  You had to pay $0.50 at each bar for a 10 oz beer and then chug it before you could run on.  Spillage or pourage was a DQ.  Lots of costumes and characters.  When I ran I never got past the 1st bar till I ran out of money and then I was just looking to pick up chicks (what every college drunk wants I guess).  Ton's of fun and I am jealous of you.

Pics are great, glad to see your injuries are behind you.  Was DH afraid if he ran that he might spill beer on his long sleeved tech shirt? (hehe)

TY for posting this fun RR.

Dad on the run.

Awesome Run. Congrats on finishing 2nd. I don't know that I Could drink and run, that just sounds like a bad combo, lol.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

That first pic is awesome, if it was in better focus and more cropped I would totally suggest making it your avatar.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Ms Chenandler Bong

Hilarious, seriously, 71 miles this week....... you are an All Star.

We used to have a similar race at Penn State called the PHI PSI 500.  A 1.1 mile run with 6 bar/beer stops, all for charity.  Race would raise about $25k in the early 1980's which was good coin then.  About 1,000 runners.  You had to pay $0.50 at each bar for a 10 oz beer and then chug it before you could run on.  Spillage or pourage was a DQ.  Lots of costumes and characters.  When I ran I never got past the 1st bar till I ran out of money and then I was just looking to pick up chicks (what every college drunk wants I guess).  Ton's of fun and I am jealous of you.

Pics are great, glad to see your injuries are behind you.  Was DH afraid if he ran that he might spill beer on his long sleeved tech shirt? (hehe)

TY for posting this fun RR.

Grand total for the week was 73 miles.  Nice.

DH didn't want to pony up the money for such a short race so he saved us a table and drank while waiting for us.  Sounds about like him, doesn't it?  All while wearing long sleeves and shorts.