Beginners and Beyond

FINALLY Friday Penguins! (Read 27 times)

SheCan

Good morning penguins!

Kristin- oh thank goodness you finished that last report.  What a busy, busy week.  If your shin have been bugging you that much, having this week off probably has been a good thing.  Hope you're able to catch up with your sleep and get back into the groove and things soon.

PAD-- hi ya, good luck with the after work run.

Scotty-- it's almost summer again there!  I do that total "what shall I do today thing" sometimes.  I don't know what i'd do with as many choices as you have.  Good luck tomorrow with your race!

Gus-- awesome run yesterday!

Margo-- you've worked so hard, I have not doubts you'll do good.  Personally, I think you've seemed incredibly sane during your taper time. Just lay out everything you need tonight.  Make sure your bib is already pinned on and your breakfast easy and picked out so you don't have to think at all on your way out in the morning.   You'll do fabulous!

Jack-- reading about all the stuff you and your family does, wears me out!

jimmy-- good for you for just doing it!  You're really doing some pretty grueling workouts.  Do you have a goal in mind?  Or are you just doing it all as part of your fitness routine?

Yesterday was a good, loooooonnnnnnnngg day.  I ate too much, and drank several beers, and had way too much fun.  It was nice seeing my friend from years back.  Phoenix was a lot warmer than I was expecting though.  I forget how much warmer it is there.  When I got home, DH wanted me to watch a few shows with him.  but apparently, I fell asleep right away.

Today I have 5 miles on the schedule, but am still debating it. It seems so cold after being in Phx yesterday!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Gonna get some trail miles in later today, with my new Kinvara TR2s.  I ordered a pair of NB MT110 trail shoes, but they didn't fit right, so I'm sending them back, picked up the TR2s from my LRS and they fit great!  This will be a test run, if everything goes well, then I'll long run with them on Sunday.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

4 miles on bike path.  Really nice today and no wind.  Only 2 layers today and back in shorts.  On way to see " 12 Years a Slave".  Plan is to see all Best Picture nominees.

Have a great weekend.

Dad on the run.

She Can - I've just made weights part of my weekly routine. I go 3x a week and run plus I usually sprinkle in some other workouts through the week usually body weight stuff. I can't say I really have a goal per se' I just enjoy weight lifting as much as running and I like the changes that has came along with it. I can't wait to see how I look a year from now, I'm about 4.5 months into weights.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

SheCan

5 miles done <CHECK>  And 60* is not that cold even when the wind is blowing and the sun isn't shining.  I had to lose the jacket about 1/2 way though.

Dave-- enjoy that trail run!

Jerry--  Good job on the 4 miles.  I hadn't heard of the movie "12 Years a Slave" so i just looked up the trailer.  That looks really good.  Sad though.  I'm a big movie watcher, so I hope to hear what you end up thinking.

Jimmy-- Wow, good for you for enjoying the weight lifting.  It's hard work for sure.  I have to force myself to do anything of that nature, which is probably why I do so little of it.  I'm just always impressed at what well rounded athletes some of you are or are becoming.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

She Can: how was Tucson?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good luck to your son, PAD, in his reporting job!

Congrats on the 8, Gustav.  Yeah, it is getting dark quicker now.  Hope you were running in a safe area and/or had some reflective gear on!

Yay for the shins feeling good, Traci!  Maybe those insoles are the key for you.   I run with insoles too, I use the Powerstep insoles, which is what my podiatrist recommended to me to use for running with my 'weird feet", lol.  He said for me to try those first before he would go to the more expensive orthotics route - nice of him to keep my bank account in mind!  The powersteps work great for me.    As for crashes and all that...well, at least I still am pretty much "intact".  Some of those Wounded Warriors get out there with artificial limbs, prosthetics, etc, and are amazing to see how well they do.  Now, those folks are the ones tough as nails!

Good luck with your parent-teacher conference, Stone Fence.

Phillie, quit that worrying!  Per your past reports I've ready, you have nothing to worry about, you always end up doing great!   So get a good night's sleep and then go out and rock that race.

Stone: 3rd grade is hard?  You betcha, Jack...ask anybody from West Virginia or Arkansas.... Wink    Jack, just how much 'extra early' do you have to get up to get these runs in?    Good luck!

Well, good on ya, Jimmy, for getting up out of bed and getting it done!

Go do the 5 miles, Cherie, it will warm you right up...and make you feel less guilty about the beers and food yesterday... Wink  Glad you enjoyed the time with your friend!  Oh...I see you did do the 5 miles, good for you!  ..60 sounds about perfect for losing the shirt too and just running in jogbra... Joking

Damaris, when you kickbox, do you ever imagine you're whuppin' up on some of those idiots you probably have to deal with in court?  Have a good workout.

Happy trails to you, Dave...happy trails to you...

JUST shorts, Jerry?  Wink  Enjoy the movie!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

She Can: how was Tucson?

Jack, I hear physicians like to go there for a "Doc Holiday" ....or is that Tombstone?   Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Scotty: on Sunday I have to leave the house at 4:30. Joking

Robert31320

Team TJ

Supp!

i took one final rst day today to let me sore foot have just a little more rest.  I did find a local 5k that will run Saturday morning, on sale last night for $15.  I signed up for it.  It is the race that I ran 2 years ago as my racing debut.  I'd like to run it as a 20 minute course PR but I'm not sure I will make that.  Regardless, it will be nice to run that race again.

Running for TJ because he can't.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hi everyone.  SWD (scheduled worry day) for me.  HM tomorrow -- hence the worry about what to eat, what to wear, did I forget anything?

You could worry about the porta potty lines Big grin.

You will do great, Margo?  Good Luck !!!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Cherie, the movie was good, not great.  I like movies without big stars, and this one only had Brad Pitt and Paul Giamatti in small roles.  Brad Pitt was the only good white guy.  Oprah was not in the movie either.  Kind of violent and depressing, not a surprise.  Probably get nominated, but won't win.

Zelanie

Evening, penguins!  Last night my meeting went super late, and instead of running, I blerched.  I made up for it tonight with a really enjoyable run.  I am feeling ready!  One week left.

Margo- Good luck tomorrow!  Good idea to get all the worrying out of the way tonight.

Cheri- 60 felt really cold in Albuquerque, too.  But it would be warm for here at the moment.  Glad you got out and had a nice run anyway!

Jack- I don't think I even had to get up that early to get to the airport last week!  Ugh!

Stone Fence- Hope the conference went well.  I am a teacher and am actually optimistic about the common core, but I think a lot depends on how it's rolled out, and I suspect that's different in different areas.