Beginners and Beyond

It's Raining TUESDAILIES (Read 35 times)

Good morning. I hope that everyone else will be more awake today than I.

It's raining, so, I'm going to the gym for some easy miles. After work, I'll do weights and, perhaps, some cardio.

What do you plan to do today?

LRB

'Sup B!

It's tempo day for me, probably in the steady state fashion.  Hopefully traffic behaves itself as I will be running it on my route at work.  It is raining here too but the clouds are moving away so it should not be an issue.

At the moment I am getting my caffeine on and watching Alf. 

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  7 GA miles planned, probably on the TM since mid 90s for a heat index still at 6pm is not good.  Weights if I have time.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Rick, have a wonderful tempo run.

Damaris, have fun running and lifting. 4.20 miles in 41:36. 9:55 pace.

I tested my Acapella device before my run. I should have waited until later. I had to stop because of a coughing fit. I like this thing. It helped clear things. Now, I'm breathing better.

happylily

Good morning ladies and gentlemen!

Today, we have a new government. I think I'm happy.

I did 9 miles at recovery last night, not 10. I had a mental blockage when the last mile came. "Why in hell am I doing this?" is what I kept thinking. This happens often when I run recovery and it's a sign that the training cycle has to end soon before I revolt.

10 miles tonight with some sort of light speedwork (cut back week this week). It should be more interesting than last night's run.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

StepbyStep-SH

Good morning, runners!

My plan calls for 14 miles this morning, and I plan to make it a hill workout. While my marathon isn't hilly, the 50k six weeks later is.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

'Morning.  I stayed up to watch that UConn game last night, got to bed around midnight, then could not fall asleep.  I'm going on about three hours of broken sleep right now.  So today = Zombie Baboon.  But. WORTH IT.  I'll run after work in a tired haze.  It's raining pretty good right now, so all signs point to a treadmill.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Good morning, runners!

My plan calls for 14 miles this morning, and I plan to make it a hill workout. While my marathon isn't hilly, the 50k six weeks later is.

My marathon IS super hilly and I have not done much for hill training.  Having said that, I have not started a formal training plan yet.  This is going to go well, I can tell.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Not raining here anymore.  We got some major rain the last couple of days - and even had a hail storm last night - but now it's all blowing out.

.  The rain has cleared out and the weather is going to be beautiful here in San Antonio.   And it is going to stay beautiful all week, nice.

I will be leaving work early today as there is some electric work to be done at our house and then I will be heading over to the local park that is about a mile from my house and get in a few miles on a mix of paved trails and off-road natural trails.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Just 3 easy + strides...

I feel like the slacker, but I need this

Traffic from the Final Four should clear out in the in the next day or two. It has been jam packed around here.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rough night, Basya?  Maybe early bed tonite so you can catch up on some sleep. Glad you are breathing better.  What in the world is an acapella device?  You have a private singer?

Hope the traffic behaves for your route, LRB.

Damaris, what the heck are Georgia (GA) miles? Is that where you listen to "Dueling Banjos" while you run on the TM? 

Today, we have a new government.  Is it a Canadian govt or were you invaded?   Good luck with your 10 tonite, Lily.  And quit thinking so much on your runs....just....enjoy! 

14 miles of hills!  Good luck with that, Step!

Right there with you, Baboon, I did the same thing, stayed up for the game.  I keep 'power-napping' at work, lol.   Good luck with your TM run, hope you don't fall asleep in the middle of it and zoom off the back of the TM!   Hmmm...set up a video to film you just in case  that does happen,  so you can share....

Gee, Slymoon, since just about all of my run/walks are only 3 - 5 miles and they are usually all 'fun runs' - I ain't training for NUTHIN'  and I'm happy about it!  -  I must be the 'all-time slacker", lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Hope the traffic behaves for your route, LRB.

It was not all that bad actually, must have been an off day for school as none of the usual suspects were around.

I got 3 easy + 3 at tempo + 1 easy done in 51:45.

The tempo portion was a bit tough but that is how training runs go.  Funny though how running a similar pace during my half marathon was a piece of cake.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

scotty

Perspective! It is an odd thing.

A few weeks back the shortest run I had was 5 miles, and 13 runs a week.

After watching the start of the Cowtown a bit back I realized (again) the farther from the starting line the people were the happier they seemed.

Have a great day all, and a beautiful week Scotty!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Thanks for starting the thread Basya. Raining here too.

Run after ART appointment. Just a short run.

Marjorie

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning! Just a quick check-in for me since I have a lot of work on my plate. Supposed to be 70 here tomorrow, can you believe it?

6 Easy miles on the TM this morning. Snow is almost done melting, so the ice should be nearly gone. I should be able to get outside soon.

- Andrew