Beginners and Beyond

what do you do on auto-pilot? (Read 90 times)

At work, I have to print a bunch of lotto terminal reports on Mondays.  I've realized that when showing managerial trainees how to do it, the sequence has become so ingrained that I have trouble slowing down and explaining which buttons to press.

I've also reached to my left for the forklift's parking brake....in my car.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I drive a Prius C. Whenever I drive another car, instead of going for the ignition, I always reach for the button to turn it on or off.

@runjerseygirl

Drive to work. It's scary, but sometimes I get there and I don't even remember the drive.

Do you even run?

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

I usually sit back and let the aircraft fly.

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I find I completely seem to zone out on my trips to and from my boyfriend's house (a 3.5-4 hour drive on I-95). Sometimes I "zone in" and take a minute to figure out what exit or even state I am in. I am paying attention to the cars around me and changing lanes and not getting into an accident, but not where I am. It's freaky sometimes.

I definitely do my whole morning routine on auto-pilot. I sometimes find myself panicking later worried I had forgotten to turn off the coffee maker or lock the door because I honestly can't remember doing it (I almost always do though....ONCE I really did forget to turn off the coffee maker though which made me paranoid about it for then next year lol).

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Aside from answering my home phone with my work "intro" which is always hilarious......I find that lately the worst is when I make a deposit for work.  I almost NEVER remember going to the bank for work.(usually in the way home). It's literally kinda scary cuz I get up the next morning with deposit slip in tow and when someone asks if I went, I have to try to remember.  Of course they're asking me because I have a bank slip sticking out of my briefcase.  But I have to think of how I drove home, what teller I dealt with, etc.

Anyway, I'm sure there's other stuff that damn near qualifies me as a robot but the bank thing (weird as it may seem) really haunts my brain lately.

And, yes, I sometimes wonder how I get to work also.

Randy

LRB

Put on deodorant after a shower.

It never fails that I completely forget that I have put it on already.  So of course I check with my fingers; yep, I did it again!

It is the weirdest thing.  Truly bizarre.

happylily

I can't think just now of anything that I do myself, but I hate it when I'm in the bath and SO walks in to brush his teeth and when he leaves, he turns off the light. HEY!!! I"M IN THE DARK, COME BACK!!!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Gator eye

Driving to and from work, kind of scary some days. A few times I ve woke up and can't remember going through a series of lights.

I have zoned out while doing a long run when I got something weighing on my mind but that doesn't happen to often.

Hip Redux

Put on deodorant after a shower.

It never fails that I completely forget that I have put it on already.  So of course I check with my fingers; yep, I did it again!

It is the weirdest thing.  Truly bizarre.

I do this!

And I also zone out in the shower.   Did I already put in conditioner?  Huh?  I do it twice sometimes just to be sure because I can't remember 2 minutes ago.

LRB

I have zoned out while doing a long run when I got something weighing on my mind but that doesn't happen too often.

It does not happen enough for me, if it did, long runs would not be so bad.  As it is, I hate them with the force of an F-5 hurricane!

MothAudio

At work, I have to print a bunch of lotto terminal reports on Mondays.  I've realized that when showing managerial trainees how to do it, the sequence has become so ingrained that I have trouble slowing down and explaining which buttons to press.

I've also reached to my left for the forklift's parking brake....in my car.

Same here [including fork lift brake].

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

#artbydmcbride

Shower, brush teeth, deordorize, everything really before the first cup of coffee.

Runners run

Will run for scenery.

Register and pay for a Half Marathon, apparently.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Rungry!

Register and pay for a Half Marathon, apparently.

Yes! I have done that!

On runs, I rarely remember waiting at stop lights (did I just run through 4 lanes of traffic??)

Jen