Beginners and Beyond

Who You Rooting for in College Football this Season? (Read 66 times)

This past weekend, the first set of games were played.  Which team do you root for and which team do you think will win the National Championship?

Myself, I root for the Auburn Tigers (DD attends there).  However, the Oregon Ducks is my prediction for NC.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

tracilynn

Bozy, Im an Alabama fan and happy to see Auburn winning games again.  I think the new coach will do great things for the Tigers.

Alabama's offense not looking too hot after the first game.  I dont see a 3 peat.  Booooo.

I really thought Georgia would win the NC.  They still might.

~~~~~~~

Traci

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I hope it's NOT Alabama again, that's getting pretty old...would like to see someone else make it to the National Championship.

Won't be my favorite team, though.  My university has only had a football team for 3 years and we're not bowl eligible yet. This year we joined Conference USA and will start playing some of the "Big Boys" in football.  This Saturday we are playing Oklahoma State! Shocked  I imagine we will probably get lambasted, but at least we will also get some experience at this level.    We are University of Texas at San Antonio - UTSA for short - but the media always lists us as "Texas-San Antonio".  We ARE associated with the Texas Longhorns in that both schools are in the University of Texas System, but we are a stand-alone school from them.  Our team name is RoadRunners.

Other teams I like:  Texas Longhorns;  VA Tech (too many freshman on the team this year, I don't think we are going to have a good year); LSU, Florida State, Notre Dame, Air Force (since I served in the Air Force for 24 years).

Teams I REALLY can't stand:  Alabama, Texas A&M Gag-Me's, Georgia, South Carolina (that darn Steve Spurrier tried to RUIN my Redskins when he coached them and I hold a grudge Joking)

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Bozy, Im an Alabama fan and happy to see Auburn winning games again.  I think the new coach will do great things for the Tigers.

Alabama's offense not looking too hot after the first game.  I dont see a 3 peat.  Booooo.

I really thought Georgia would win the NC.  They still might.

Gee, Traci, imagine how I feel then, since your Crimson Tide whupped up on my Va Tech Hokies, lol.   Which means our defense AND offense is even WORSE!  It's going to be a long year for the Hokies.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

I will be rooting for entertainment and lots of upsets and general BCS mayhem.

I have no horse in this race but like watching anyway, just like with my NBA fandom.  Our "home team" (Connecticut) sucks, and my alma mater (Central Connecticut State) is what it is.

<3

Hip Redux

UC Berkeley, duh.  :P

tracilynn

Gee, Traci, imagine how I feel then, since your Crimson Tide whupped up on my Va Tech Hokies, lol.   Which means our defense AND offense is even WORSE!  It's going to be a long year for the Hokies.

No, I dont think so.  Our offense did not score those points, remember?!  I think the Hokies will have a pretty good season.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Philliefan33

I don't have any one favorite team, but I enjoy watching whatever game is on TV.  There are a few teams that I follow, but none of them figure to be in the race:

Pitt -- is where DD goes to school.  They got initiated into the ACC last night by Florida State.  It was ugly.

Penn State -- can't avoid this, living where we do.  I want them to do well.  It is interesting that they have a true freshman under center.

Syracuse -- where I grew up / Dad still watches.  There's still a little Orange in me.

catwhoorg

Labrat

Cambridge University.

Of course that's rugby not football, but its essentially the same game root.

And only one match REALLY matters, the same fixture played annually (except during war years) since 1872.

12 December, versus Oxford.

We lead 61-54-14 overall, though we are on a three game losing streak. THAT had better stop this year.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Catwhoorg - are you able to view the match live streaming or at some local establishment?

Cambridge University.

Of course that's rugby not football, but its essentially the same game root.

And only one match REALLY matters, the same fixture played annually (except during war years) since 1872.

12 December, versus Oxford.

We lead 61-54-14 overall, though we are on a three game losing streak. THAT had better stop this year.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Jess runs for bacon

Penn State, my alma mater. But the past few years its gotten harder and harder for me to follow them.

catwhoorg

Labrat

Catwhoorg - are you able to view the match live streaming or at some local establishment?

Some years its has been on BBC America, but I think they lost the bidding war last time round.

Not sure if I'll be able to watch it this year, but for sure I will be trying to find a way. Even if I have to drink beer to do so.

Big grin

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Buckeyes!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

hog4life

Arkansas Razorbacks!

Any SEC team, but also like Michigan, Nebraska, Oregan, Ohio.

Oh, and I like Alabama, but I hate Nick Saben, even though he's a good coach.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I am a Rutgers fan!!!! I grew up 15 minutes away from Rutgers, my brother is an alumni, and my family has season tickets!! Love my Scarlet Knights....spent my whole life cheering for them!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to