Beginners and Beyond

Another Week, Another Set o'SUNDAILIES (Read 52 times)

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning! I think I'm going to write this week off as a loss and have a lazy Sunday. I am running tomorrow, Tuesday and Wednesday (the start of a new weekly schedule) so running 5 days in a row didn't seem like the best idea anyway. Extreme cutback week - horray?!?

Have a great Sunday, everyone!

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Good morning fellow runners! 15 with the feel of 0 out there today. I am heading out for 8 miles and the snow is coming down pretty good right now. These are actually ideal conditions for me. It is how we do it up here in Upstate NY!

I have transitioned completely to my Kinvara 3 shoes. So far, so good. I was alternating them for a while so I could get used to them. I now like them the most out of the 4 pairs of running shoes I am rotating. In addition to the Kinvara, I have 2 pairs of Boston 3 and one pair of Feather 2. I now want to try the new Saucony Virrata. There are just not enough reviews or runner feedback on them currently.

Good luck to everyone running, racing, walking, jogging, and recovering today. Run long, hard, and fast! God bless you all!

outoftheblue

SRD for me after my race yesterday.   A little sore this morning but not too bad.  My official time ended up being 2:07 on the nose,  9/30 AG, 63/208 W and 196/398 OA.   These are actually better relative placements than I had on my last race  with a 2:04:23, in a similar sized field, so it reinforces that I have to race the course before me, and not get hung up on getting to some magic number.

Now I'm battling the urge to sign up for another HM, but I know the better course is to turn my focus to  getting ready for the SF marathon in mid-June.  Time to slow down the runs and log more miles.

Basya -- Nice workout and I hope you avoid the onset of the dreaded taper madness. Which marathon are you doing?

LRB -- I dream about food sometimes too!  Also, thanks for your encouraging words yesterday.

Heidi -- Don't fear the run!  You are going to nail that 18 miler.

April -- You'll get your running mojo back this week.

Life is good.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good morning ya'll.

10 miles down, now to relax and do some house cleaning.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

@runjerseygirl

Good morning ya'll.

That sounds like a terrible way to relax, LOL!

Do you even run?

Zelanie

Morning, dailies!  Just 3 recovery miles on the menu for today to bring me to my first 40-mile week!  I had to move some (most) of Friday's miles to Saturday, though, so this will be my 5th straight day running and I have a LR tomorrow (I'm used to 3 days, then a RD, most weeks).  So it will be the real test of whether a recovery run can stand in for a RD if I need it to.  Hoping so!  Just two more weeks until I hit my plan's mileage peak!

Basya- Good luck on your MP run!

Tom- Have a great day with the family!

LRB- Have you tried just taking gels or something during your LR if it's too uncomfortable to eat beforehand?

Ami- Good job taking the time to recover if you need it!  And cool that you still have some of those gymnastics moves!

Scott- You are going to do great on your 6!

Dave- Hoping you get through your run safely!

Robert- You rock!  After my first 10 miler I think I needed to take two days off. Wink

Kay- Nice run today!

Heidi- You are so ready for this run!  You have the new MP because that's where you are right now!

Phil- That breakfast sounds so delicious!

April- That's the one thing that I am learning about following a plan, is that you have to look at how the weeks fit together rather than each week by itself.  Last week most of my miles were late in the week, and this coming week I need my miles to be early in the week.  I am hoping the lighter mileage late in the week will help once I get there.  But you are probably making the smarter choice.

SUS- That is some serious winter running!  Nice!  I'm glad you like the Kinvaras.  I've had mine for a couple of weeks now and like them too.

outoftheblue- Sounds like you ran a great race yesterday!  Congrats!

Freesoul- Nice run this AM!

Ouch, AmiK! Feel better soon.

Scott, enjoy your first fully-run six miler.

Rick, have fun with the easy twelve.

DaveP MI, stay safe, whatever you do.

scottydawg, enjoy the beautiful weather.

Robert, good luck and good fun bringing the week to twenty miles.

Kay, great run.

Heidi, good luck with the eighteen miles. What is your new MP supposed to be?

Baboon, that sounds yummySmile

AprilRunner, have a relaxing rest day.

SUSchnauzer, enjoy the snowy eight miles.

outoftheblue, enjoy your well-earned SRD. I'm struggling with taper madness. (I'm running the Jerusalem Marathon on March 1.)

FreeSoul87, great job with the ten miles.

I've now finished my ab work. I'm off to the gym to do weights and eight marathon-pace miles on ye olde hamster wheel.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good morning ya'll.

I may have a relaxation opportunity for you, 3-4 hours a week. Smile

Nice run by the way!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Zelanie

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning. 1.5 recovery paced miles. I had only a mile on the schedule...hopefully the extra half mile is fine...lol...my ITB felt fine, and the path was VERY icy on the way out, so instead of doing a .5 mile out and back I did a loop so ended up with an extra half mile. It's been a good first week back on a regular running schedule! And this is my first time adding a 4th day of running, and running 2 days in a row.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

If you'd ever seen the mess that is my house, you'd know that it's all about cleaning. Really! Honestly!

Dang it anyway....

These SRDs give me too much free time to spend on the forum...

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Better I Leave

Mornin' all. Anyone up for a nice cup of Costa Rican Helsar Caturra medium roast? **puts out the carafe and cups**

A beauteous day out here in the Mother Lode. Got rain and snow forecast for tomorrow and the day following, so I'm gonna take advantage of the nice weather and do a couple of laps around Lake Tabeaud again...without the dog. Poor thing was limping last night from yesterday's run.

Embrace the day my friends. Smile

Pinktastic

Buenos Dias, Mi Amigos y Amigas!!

Looks like some great running already today!  Way to go y'all!!

I did a test run with a running group this morning.   Their route is much hillier (both in terms of number and size) than I'm used to, but it is within sight of a local lake so it is beautiful.  They seem like a nice group of people.  It's definitely easier to just run on my own, but I'm seriously considering joining the group for one or two runs a month.  Bottom line for today:  8.03 with an average pace of 9:55.

Watching hockey and drinking coffee now.  Life is good!

Have a Pinksational day!!  And, may your next run show you the beauty of the day!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

That sounds like a terrible way to relax, LOL!

Big grin I know, but my house needs it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Nice run by the way!

Nope, I will only half ass clean my house. Dishes, floor, laundry and the bathroom and that is it. Joking And I will take all day doing it, rather than a quick 2 hours.

PRs