Beginners and Beyond

Race T-Shirt Quilt (Read 68 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I've got.... 21 race t-shirts I don't wear anymore, mainly because I don't like wearing cotton or because I don't wear white shirts (I happily wear the dri fit and dark colored race shirts) so I want to do something cool with them and I really like the idea of a quilt. It would be a great way to show off the races I've done so far, and most likely great stories to tell my son later on.  I know RW mag has advertisements but I can't seem to find one with it in there (I don't keep the mags anymore) so anybody know of some that turn t-shirts into quilts?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

racequilt.com

Marjorie

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It would probably be smart to go with the 20 shirts choice, since I have 21........

racequilt.com

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Yep

Marjorie

LRB

So you have 20 shirts that you have no use for, what are you going to do with a quilt made out of them?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

DH likes to cover up with a blanket during his weekend "relaxation" where he pretty much doesn't move from his recliner all morning, and I like to cuddle with my little guy and a blanket. I figure that this quilt would be used a lot, more use than hanging in a closest just collecting dust.

So you have 20 shirts that you have no use for, what are you going to do with a quilt made out of them?

PRs

LRB

It would be nice if the shirts were made of fleece.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol

It would be nice if the shirts were made of fleece.

PRs

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

racequilt.com

That site is pretty darn expensive.    You could probably find some 'quilting" runners right here or on RW forum with whom you could probably work something out and get them done a bit cheaper.

My wife has a friend at church who does quilting and she did a 10-shirt small quilt for me, and I gave that as a gift to my daughter.  It's probably not as 'fancy' as you can get it at racequilt.com, but it was very nicely done and cost me WAY less than $175.

So look around your local area too, you might have some local folks that can do it for you.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

We have a couple of quilters in the family.  DW has handed over a bunch of shirts for our quilt order.

All this talk about quilts is making me want to take a nap....

<3

sirdizzy

I've always wanted to do this too.  I cleaned the crap put of closet a few months ago (it was after my broncos got crushed in the super bowl and I wanted some busy work to do as I was pissed off) I boxed up all the shirts I don't wear or wouldn't wear to be set aside to make a quilt out of.  A lot of mine were cotton or long sleeved (I don't get why so many races here do long sleeved we are the bloody desert I might wear them for 3 months at best).