Beginners and Beyond

Magnoperate Mondailies (Read 37 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Magnoperate:   to enhance or make greater.

So what are your plans to magnoperate your Monday after the long holiday weekend?

Back to work for me this morning after 5 days off, and about a ton of e-mails to go through, which is why I came in early today.

I had a very active Thanksgiving holiday, with 3 5Ks done...LOTS of photos so these report pages might take a while to load :

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/aab2c0f9364e4da68d7b4dd0e7ff834a/resume#focus

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/a443fdf8fb35441eaa7f9fa5cd084ecb/resume#focus

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/e1e826f80d02439cb6cdf6d607672cd6/resume#focus

Nice college football weekend for me too...

Alabama (can't stand 'em) lost to Auburn   Animated dancing banana emoticon (Banana Emoticons)

Texas A&M (can't stand 'em) lost to Missouri   Animated dancing banana emoticon (Banana Emoticons)

Michigan (can't stand 'em..or Michigan State either) lost to OhioAnimated dancing banana emoticon (Banana Emoticons)

Bad NFL weekend though....my idiot Texans and idiot Redskins both blew it in the 4th quarter.

Rest day for me today.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Supp Scott T!

I am magnoperating my hamstrings, yet again.  Roll eyes

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  SRD for me.

Scotty, you WERE busy, sheesh!

LRB, S'up?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

LRB, S'up?

You know, gettin' bendy wit it.  Blush

scottydawg, thank you for starting today's thread. Have a relaxing and refreshing rest day.

Rick, enjoy magnoperating your hamstrings.

Damaris, enjoy your well-earned rest day.

I did push-ups and ab work before bed last night.

I'll do weights and eight miles on the TM at the gym after work. Hopefully, I'll be able to do two or three miles during my break, too.

My coughing fits are slightly less uncomfortable. Slightly.

delicate flower

'Monday!  I have not found any Cyber Monday deals that are striking my fancy.  I have fistfuls of dollars and nobody wants to sell me anything!

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I can't seem to force myself up before 5 lately, not sure but I know I don't want to really run in the dark right now..... and I don't know why. Thanks to not getting up until 5:30, Rocky and I didn't get to the trails until 6:20 and we only had time for 4.3 miles as I have to get back to the house by or before 7:30. Surprisingly it was an enjoyable run, fast too which I wasn't expecting with the soreness I've been feeling. I am going to stretch and foam roll today just to get rid of as much soreness and tightness as I can. Tomorrow Rocky and I have another 1 mile to run as part of our Running Streak - so far I am on track!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all!

Not sure my scheduled rest day and sitting out of kyukido is going to "magnoperate" my body today, but I do intend to spend some quality time making this house look better. It's a disaster right now, and need to be clean and neat before we dig out the Christmas decorations.

Scotty - Lookin' good in that photo you posted in the other thread. Strong and steppin' out!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies. I ran 13.1 on Saturday just because of the guilt I had after eating 2 Thanksgivings. I did step on the scale after it was all said and done - about 2 lbs up. Smile Yesterday was a RD and then I was back at it again today - 6 Mile Tempo run on the TM.

I think I'm going to go through my Daniel's Running Formula and see if I can find a TM Interval routine. I may try it out Wednesday.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

LRB

I think I'm going to go through my Daniel's Running Formula and see if I can find a TM Interval routine. I may try it out Wednesday.

Daniels Running Formula 3rd Edition comes out at the end of the month.  I am as giddy as a nerd waiting on a new pocket protector to get that bad boy!

LRB

I can't seem to force myself up before 5 lately, not sure but I know I don't want to really run in the dark right now.....

I crash around 9:30 and get up at 5 or sometimes before with no problem.  Now, not many people want to go to sleep that early, but when you get up a 5:00 am everyday, it kind of happens automatically.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I was going to bed around 10, but here lately it's been closer to 11 and I am not sure why. I used to be able to pass out around 11 or midnight and was up at 4:30 in the morning, did it throughout the whole summer and Fall but now....... I don't know - maybe my body wants a break from that crap for a while. Too many days, months of a couple hours of sleep can definitely take it's toll on the body.

I crash around 9:30 and get up at 5 or sometimes before with no problem.  Now, not many people want to go to sleep that early, but when you get up a 5:00 am everyday, it kind of happens automatically.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Howdy. Rest day. Travel for work. Why we have to travel to cold places for work team meetings is beyond me. But we do. So tomorrow if I run it will be cold.

I didnt run run today also because I didn't want to get tagged in tsa screening and have to explain the tape in my butt is what was setting the scanner off. I really didn't want a pat down Smile

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Howdy. Rest day. Travel for work. Why we have to travel to cold places for work team meetings is beyond me. But we do. So tomorrow if I run it will be cold.

I didnt run run today also because I didn't want to get tagged in tsa screening and have to explain the tape in my butt is what was setting the scanner off. I really didn't want a pat down Smile

I didn't know tape sets the scanners.  I thought I had tape when I hopped on the plane to NYC but I don't recall.  Interesting....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

You were pretty busy yourself, Damaris, you and the DH.  Congrats on your races!

Sorry about your coughing fits, Basya.  Allergies?  Good luck with your miles and your workout.

I need to work on my hamstrings too, LRB.  They are very inflexible..mainly cuz they're old.  Wait...that's my whole body!

It is cold where you are, isn't it FreeSoul?  Heck, I wouldn't want to get up before 5 either and go out in the cold and the dark.   Glad you and Rocky had a good run!   Good luck with the streak!

Good luck with the cleaning, Step.  That does count as x-training, you know.

2 lbs up is not so bad, Andrew.  You have probably already run more than that off by now.

Dang, finally got through my 101 emails that were waiting for me at work after 5 days off.

Safe travel, Marjorie, and good luck running tomorrow if  it is cold where you are going.   Yeah, you don't want a pat-down with tape on your butt..what happens if the TSA guy hits the tape and his fingers get stuck on it..and then you're walking around with a TSA person bent over behind you with fingers stuck on your butt.... and then more agents show up to help out....travel nightmare! Shocked   Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt