Beginners and Beyond

Are you racing this weekend? (January 12-13) (Read 242 times)

Shakedown Street

5K, should PR. We will see. Pancakes at end.

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

I'm not...good luck and have fun to everyone that is racing this weekend.

Don't believe everything you think. 

meaghansketch

Good luck to everyone who is racing!  I wish you all fun and fast times!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Apparently yes, I am.  I found out at the group run tonight that there's a multi-club, free 5 miler on Saturday.  So I'll run 5, then do the race, then do 5 after to get in my scheduled run for the day.  That should work pretty well since I have 15 with 30 minutes hard on tap.  I won't really race it all-out though, more like 85-90% effort.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Houston marathon on Sunday. Debut. 70% chance of rain. SHIT.

Good luck other racers.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Good luck other racers.

Unless it'[s a downpour or cold, rain is a marathoner's friend. It helps keep you cool.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

I've got no problem with the rain, rain is your friend, as long as the temps are reasonable  :-)

I personally have no big runs this weekend, just a "Mud Run series 1 of 3" which the first is a 5K in our area.  ---Hard to believe, but I just looked at my race sched, I have a race on the calendar every single weekend up through June.  (and I imagine the rest will fill in later).... I hope that I don't tire of racing... At least 'till I am 70-something... :-)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Unless it'[s a downpour or cold, rain is a marathoner's friend. It helps keep you cool.

Thanks for the positive spin.

Tomas

Docket_Rocket

Good luck!

I prefer rain than the 70-80F I will have during my marathon on Sunday.

Good luck other racers.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

the only thing that worries me about the rain, is that i have had zero runs in the rain since I started running. I guess my shirt cant get any more soaked than it would be with sweat from the summer runs. The clothing deal might be the curveball that I am not real happy with. It will be in the high 40's at the start of the race and probably low 50's when I am done. I wasnt planning on going sleveless, but I might do it because I will soak up less water that way.

have fun at disney - we (sisters and I) are going to attempt the goofy next year.

Good luck!

I prefer rain than the 70-80F I will have during my marathon on Sunday.

Tomas

Docket_Rocket

I don't run in the rain either but I've races in it.  It will be OK.  Don't let the taper get you.

the only thing that worries me about the rain, is that i have had zero runs in the rain since I started running. I guess my shirt cant get any more soaked than it would be with sweat from the summer runs. The clothing deal might be the curveball that I am not real happy with. It will be in the high 40's at the start of the race and probably low 50's when I am done. I wasnt planning on going sleveless, but I might do it because I will soak up less water that way.

have fun at disney - we (sisters and I) are going to attempt the goofy next year.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I don't run in the rain either but I've races in it.  It will be OK.  Don't let the taper get you.

heck in south texas I havnt had many chances to run in the rain - DROUGHT. I am the only person that is happy about the drought since I hate mowing my yard Smile

Maybe the taper is getting to my head....I swear everybody is getting crazy and bad things keep happening and I am not handling stuff as well as I should. On the bright side my boss must have known something was up as he gave me a doughnut this am. Smile

Tomas