Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: We Run! (Read 34 times)

LRB

And bike, and swim, and work, and parent, and spouse, and pay bills and a ton of other shit!

'Sup, yo!   The current temps in my area range from -11 to 1 in a four city square depending on which one you live in.  Totally weird.

Anyway, today should be the last of the deep freeze for at least a week as the temps start the long climb towards the 30's beginning today.

As for me, I am getting a serious buzz from my coffee mug right now in preparation for a run on the belt before work this morning.

What is on your agenda?

Just B.S.

Can I still post here if I am only swimming today Smile

Headed to the pool for 1200 yards .

-10 with wind  chill makes me happy it's not a running day .

Have be a great day!

LRB

Can I still post here if I am only swimming today Smile

See my updated post. 

Just B.S.

See my updated post. 

I think you pretty much covered my week

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Freezing rain. Not running right now......flights cancelled so not traveling either. Sigh

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Last day at the office for the next 3 weeks so lots to do.  My dad flies in tonight, so a workout if I have time.

Marjorie, sorry about your canceled flights.

LRB, pass the coffee, please!

Beth, enjoy the swim.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

What ya say there, Johnnies-on-the-spot!  7 miles (rounding up) last night at 8:29 pace.  Nice and easy.  Cold, but only bad when the wind blew.  Undecided on what I'm going to do today, though I am leaning towards repeating yesterday's run.  Got to get in more outdoor miles before tomorrow storm hits.  I may never get to run on the rail trail again.

<3

happylily

Good morning!

I have 13 miles on schedule after work, but I may not have time for it as I have to go shopping for a 5 year old boy's birthday gift for tomorrow, and then decorate the daycare with balloons, etc... So I may end up switching for Thursday's run instead and do 7 recovery miles.

Have a great day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I didn't get to check back in yesterday, really busy day at work, but I did read over the thread, and thank you all for the well wishes, thoughts, and prayers for my cousin's wife and my whole family!

I did get to the gym last night, an hour before it closed. I wanted to do 2.5 miles on the elliptical and 3 on the TM but I misjudged my timing (thought for sure an hour would be enough for that) and had to cut my run short at 2.1 because the worker kicked me off. Oh well....in retrospect should have only done a mile on the elliptical. But I go it done even though my iPod was dead because it had accidentally got turned on in my bag and was probably playing all day, and the TV at that gym (it is the place that my pool is by where I do homecare in the evenings not my regular gym) only has Russian TV, and I was exhausted and really would rather be on my couch watching Olympics and then in bed. Rough but I got it done, 2.1 miles is better than 0.

Just got back from 6:00am spin! I only left the gym 8 hours before going back to a gym (albeit different gyms)

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Kristin, how is your cousin's wife doing?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Back to work since being off from Friday, lots of e-mails to catch up on, busy, busy, busy!    Ran yesterday about 1 pm. in the afternoon.  Windy, rainy, about 36 degrees,  with the wind making it feel like 33.  BRRRR!  Got in 3.1 miles and actually had a pretty good run/walk in spite of the weather.  I even ran in my shorts.   Had some red legs after the run from the wind, but felt pretty good overall.   Today our 'cold front' is moving out and the high will be near 60 degrees and sunny, nice. Plan on getting a few miles in around the university campus.

"Only" swimming, Beth?  Swimming is hard work for some of us, lol.  Especially me, you don't get many laps in when you dog-paddle.   Dang, -10 with windchill, jeez!  Hope your swim went well!

Sorry about your travel delay, Marjorie.

Wow, Damaris, 3 weeks off?  Nice!  Will they even remember you when you come back?  Will cases even be won while you're gone?

Stay safe in that upcoming storm, Phil!

Happy b-day in advance to the 5-year old, Lily.  Good luck with all your miles!

Hi again, Kristin!  And what Damaris asked.  Hope things are going better.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Hey, hey, hey, people!

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. I hope that you enjoyed your time on the belt.

Beth, have fun swimming.

Marjorie:/

Damaris, I hope that your dad arrives safely and that you for a workout into your day.

Phil, great run. I hope that today's will be the same.

Lily, have a pleasant run, whichever you do.

kristin10185, brava on fitting workouts into busy days.

scottydawg, beautiful run. I envy your weather.

I did the speed workout about which Rick posted yesterday. (Thank you, Rick!) I was chilled from walking from the T stop to the gym, so, I warmed up with ten minutes on the TM at 3.0mph (20:00) and a 10.0 incline, then stretched. After stretching, I did six rounds of the following:

two minutes at 7.2mph (8:19

one minute at 1.0mph (60:00)

one minute at 7.2 mph (8:19)

thirty seconds at 1.0mph (60:00)

thirty seconds at 7.2mph (8:19)

one minute at 1.0 mph (60:00)

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all!

It is 11* out this morning! And that is ABOVE 0! Doesn't make a big difference for me, since I'm taking a couple more URDs to let my knee recuperate, but at least DS will get to go play outside at recess.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I didn't run this morning, because I chose not to  - The choice of either running in 10 degrees with a feels like 2 at 5 AM or in 30 degrees with a feels like 24 at 5 PM............. yeah I am going with 5 PM. I am sick and tired of this cold ass weather, how the hell am I supposed to want to get out of a nice, warm, snuggly bed when it is freezing outside?

Luckily, the temps are supposed to start rising Friday and by late next week we're supposedly going to see temps in the 50's and 60's so I see a glimmer of hope. Friday's run will be 31 degrees with a feels like 25 at 5 AM, I will be so happy.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Hi dailies:

Rick - coffee is also on the schedule

Beth - good day for swimming

Marjorie - doh

D - easy transition to "biker chick", since you already have the leather, eh?

Baboon - when does the wind not blow?

Lily - Legos.  Boom, done, time for 13.

Kristin - Russian TV didn't have the olympics on?  And your gym is at Teddy KGB's cardroom?  So confused!

rounders

Scotty - those vacation emails are the reason for the "Delete" button!

Basya - 10.0 incline, wowzers.  Great job on the Rick workout

Step - heal up quickly

Free - 50's would not be a glimmer of hope, they'd be a ticker-tape parade, fireworks, and bonfires fueled by parkas.

Outside my window, there is bright sunshine and pavement that is not only clear of snow, but dry.  Feels Like -13.  Decisions, decisions.