Beginners and Beyond

Sundailies (Read 32 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Or am I missing something!???

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

11.3. Got to run in a neighborhood I've never run in as there wasn't a sidewalk to it. Now that they've almost finished one of the road expansions that includes a new bike path I can get to it. Most the bike path is done so I could get to it no problem. Nice run.

Marjorie

From the Internet.

Morning! 10.1 miles done, brings me up to exactly 30 for the week. These days I can get near/over 7 miles on quality run days but my measly 10 mile long runs just drag, why is that??

Ran in/around the state park where I set my 5K PR two weeks ago. Please note all the MOTHER FUCKING ROCKS. Rocks everywhere! D:

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Fucking hot and humid today so my 20 with the last 10 at MP +10% felt...humid.  90-95F and 78 dewpoint.  That used to give me an asthma attack.  Today, I ran almost at MP during my last 10.  Hmmm.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Or am I missing something!???

Me, of course!  I miss you too baby.  

Where is everyone today?

19.1 miles at 8:30 average pace. My LR target pace is ~8:45-8:50. This was one of those days I want to bottle up and open up again on race day. I just wish I knew how to make it happen. The miles actually kind of whizzed by.

The usual trend where it takes me a while to get into a groove; miles 2-5 at 8:45-8:50, then a couple 8:30's, then miles 8-17 clicked off 8:20-8:25's like clockwork. Mile 18 at 8:11, then I usually like to try to finish with the last mile at GMP of 8:00. Instead it was 7:29.

To top it off, I get home & DW had made blueberry-banana baked oatmeal. #winning

73.5 for the week.

Now to relax with some football. Although a little ticked off that I can't watch Bears-Packers. Have a great day everyone.

MTA: at the point where Dennis Kimetto finished his 26.2, I was at 14 point something. Bwahaha.

Dave

happylily

20 miles at 8:39 pace and I didn't even need the L&O peeps to beat it into me to go slow.  It was hot and I was damn tired to start with.

Hoping our boys Cy and Jay had wings to their shoes. Report to us, guys!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

I officially hate Grumpy Dave, now.

I officially hate Grumpy Dave, now.

BUT HEY LOOK - I'M NOT GRUMPY TODAY!!

How did I do a LR faster than you? Mark your calendar. No risk of me doing one faster than Baboon anyway; I did not ask anyone whether it was too fast. Anyway, some days you have it, some days you don't.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I got 18 miles done this morning, it almost didn't happen. I felt like crap from the very beginning and around mile 5 or 6 I decided I would just aim for 10 and go back to bed, but I decided to push on for 15, then I said fuck it and went for the planned 18.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

I think my man Cy did very well. 

I think my man Cy did very well. 

I think our man Jay did as well.

Dave

happylily

And my friend, Youssef, who is 57 bla, bla, bla, bla, ran a 3:21 in the Montreal marathon this morning. A little slower than usual, but he runs a marathon every three months.  I think both Cy and Youssef erase my pitiful training run of today. Go Montreal! 

happylily

I think our man Jay did as well.

Woohoo

Edit: Just because he's on your side of the border doesn't mean he's more yours than mine, you know. 

Woohoo

Edit: Just because he's on your side of the border doesn't mean he's more yours than mine, you know. 

Note I said OUR, meaning he belongs to all of us on the forum. Rainbows & unicorns, you know.

Dave