Beginners and Beyond

Sunday Funday Dailies (Read 32 times)

Hip Redux

Post yo' stuff!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Race day. I'm unusually grumpy about this race. They have randomly changed the distance (it is now 6.7 miles but they're still calling it a 10K), the start time (it has a different time on 3 different websites and I had to email to ask for a confirmation of start time twice before I got a response last night), and the price (I already paid $25 of active.com but for some unknown reason all runners need to bring a $12 check to packet pickup. Ummmmmmm?!?! If it wasn't 4 miles from my apartment I wouldn't even go. 

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Where's the boilerplate? ! Smile

Morning, Oski!  Well, knee's a little stiff this morning, but I did have a pretty busy day yesterday so I guess it's bound to be a little tight.

SRD for me, I'll have to see if I can get on the IR list in the mileage game so that I don't hurt the team with my big fat "0" the next couple of weeks.

Heading out later to attack the leaves in my back yard. There's scant evidence that any lawn exists back there right now because we've had an enormous amount of leaves falling the last few days. I can't even see the squirrels playing back there.

Hope all you racers have a great race today!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

That's pretty screwy, Kristin! Doesn't sound very well organized.

The best way to show them who's boss is to run fast and win some bling!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

Supp!

It's only a funday if the home team wins, otherwise there won't be much fun.  Looking forward to some good games!

I have a family function this evening but for now I am just chillin'.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

17 miles today, and like LRB, I too will be chillin'.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I had a long day yesterday, was up at 5 a.m. on Saturday morning when I got up to get ready for my Saturday morning 5K.  After I  did my 5K, Gail and I then went to a football game at Alamodome Stadium - yay, my local university team beat Tulane! - and then I came home and watched college football the rest of the evening - Texas Longhorns win, Va Tech beats Miami, yay! - and got so frustrated with that darn LSU the way they were playing Aladamnya, er, Alabama, that I decided to just stay up and do my race report for my 5K. So I ended up going to bed at 1 a.m. or so, Sunday morning.  Slept in till just a few minutes ago.

And here is the race report ...Race #63 for me for 2013 -  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/7065ae8903b9498f80b07c733856e280/resume#focus 

Today I will either take a rest day...or I may just go get a few miles in at a nearby local park.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Kristin, your event by now is probably over, so hope it went well!

Sorry about the knee, Tom.  Good luck with the leaves!  Something I can't do anymore - raking, and bending up and down to pick up leaves (stupid back!) so we always hire the neighbor kid to do it for us after all our leaves are down.  He appreciates the gas money for his car.

Happy family function, LRB!  Group therapy again?  Wink

Congrats on the 17 miles yesterday, Jack!  You should be chillin' after that!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Happy family function, LRB!  Group therapy again?  Wink

It's a party for one of the youngins'.  Should be fun!

Welp, I have sat here long enough.  It's time to get down on the mat and do something.  What, I have no idea.  Confused

delicate flower

'Morning!  I threw down a treadmill speed workout this morning that thoroughly kicked my ass.  8 miles at 6:43 avg pace.  Half mile speed interval paces went 5:38, 5:20, 5:20, 5:20, 5:22, 5:31, 5:34, 5:43.  Put a fork in me!

<3

Race day. I'm unusually grumpy about this race. They have randomly changed the distance (it is now 6.7 miles but they're still calling it a 10K), the start time (it has a different time on 3 different websites and I had to email to ask for a confirmation of start time twice before I got a response last night), and the price (I already paid $25 of active.com but for some unknown reason all runners need to bring a $12 check to packet pickup. Ummmmmmm?!?! If it wasn't 4 miles from my apartment I wouldn't even go. 

What if all the runners with garmins led the pack .5 mile up the road before the start? Wink

Ric-G

kristin - something sounds wrong...is it now like a 10.9k or something?

tom - those leaves seem to multiply

lrb - family later too..have a good one

jack - cool 17

scotty - sounds like a fun day yesterday

baboon - wow...great stuff

jay - good idea about the race

5.5 this AM. normal stuff on sunday...off for some coffee now...have a great (football) sunday everyone!

marathon pr - 3:16

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Well my race ran out of T-shirts too.....you were guaranteed a shirt if you signed up at least 2 weeks before (I did) but they ended up doing it first come, first serve at packet pickup. Since there was advanced packet pickup and the duathalon races started over an hour before the 5K and 10K racers, I got screwed. Oh and there were 3 portajohns. 3. The extra $12 was apparently for insurance that they forgot to charge us when we registered. Worst organized race ever?????

BUT. I did hit 6.2 miles in 59:55. So if it was a real 10K I would have been sub-60 most likely Big grin. Official time for the 6.7 mile race 1:04:05. Best news is I placed 30th overall out of 75, 14th female out of 48, and 3rd in my age group of 25-29 year old females out of 14!!!! My first AG place!!! But they didn't give out trophies or any award. Only for overall, not even male and female. Oh well.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I got 9 miles in on the trails this morning, after sun up as I figure the weekend is my only chance to run during daylight rather than before dawn. Due to getting out there later than usual, there were a few people, one other runner and 2 with 2 dogs, again Rocky was happy to meet fellow canines who also seemed intent on playing. I am happy to say this is the furthest Rocky has ran now, and I think the longest, 1:36:36 so he deserves a special treat.

Got home, and we headed out for breakfast only to find that 4 different breakfast joints were bombarded by the church crowd Angry. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with religion or Christians and Catholics BUT when I have just ran 9 miles on an empty stomach, and we've got a toddler who has the patience of a knat along with sinuses (as do I), I no longer care and I want my food damn it! I have yet to get my yummy pancakes from Bob Evans (the Berry and Nuts pancakes), but my sister is meeting me there at noon and hopefully it won't be crazy crowded.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Kristin, stop holding back and tell us how you really feel.  lol