Beginners and Beyond

Insomnia thursdailies (Read 41 times)

Hip Redux

Because I have nothing better to do at 3am.

Wake up and entertain me.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

It's only 12:00 here and I don't have to work in the morning. I'm sitting here being OCD working on my first Daniels HM plan. As far as entertaining you, I'm sorry... no help there.

Hip Redux

Thanks for nothing!

Big grin

It's only 12:00 here and I don't have to work in the morning. I'm sitting here being OCD working on my first Daniels HM plan. As far as entertaining you, I'm sorry... no help there.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

You are quite welcome. If it helps, I have my iTunes on "random" and Echo and the Bunnymen are now on. Is that entertaining?

Hip Redux

If I realllllly listen, I'm pretty sure I can hear it, yes.

So how's your plan shaping up?

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Well, now U2 is on, and the plan is shaping up. I have 9 of the 10 weeks done. It seems like a lot of speed work but if I can't handle it I suppose I can replace one of the Q days with an easy run. I am afraid my achilles will act up with three days. Oooh.. Soundgarden is next.

LRB

Pfftt, what is insomnia for some is a way of life for others. 

'Sup.  I am up for coffee and the internet....

Werd. Out to go mountain climbing now. 

Dave

LRB

'Sup.  I am up for coffee and the internet....

I am about as high as I am gonna get.

Off to run, see you on the other side! 

Just B.S.

Menopause has definitely done that for me. Smile

Today is biking home the 15 miles after hospital visit. Will likely ride in circles a while for some extra miles.

Yesterday I swam at 7am then executed this spur of the moment interval workout at 8pm last night.

100 m slow jog recovery in between.

The final one was 400 meters because by then I was back at the bottom of my mini mountain and doing

any distance of interval up that grade is just stupid and would totally skew the stats.

4km @ 9:40 pace, which felt pretty easy so decided to see if I could run a little faster for a bit...........

2:21 (500m)

2:21 (500m)

2:21 (500m)

2:22 (500m) (knoll)

2:18  (500m) (this one I told myself I needed to do better than the one before  Wink

2:14 (500m) ( put on a little push because I knew I was almost done)

2:03 (400m)

Felt pretty good.

Have a great day everyone!  Off to work to make signs for the dunk tank. Smile

delicate flower

Chips ahoy, runners!  It is my FRIDAY!  Half Ironman Relay weekend, and wife and I are headed out tomorrow morning with a quick stop at a gigantic outlet center on the way (New Balance, Asics, Saucony, Adidas, Puma, Reebok, Under Armour outlets OH BOY!).  So speaking of the race, we are actually doing it just for fun.  Wife is swimming (1.2 miles), cousin is biking (56 miles), I am running (HM).  My plan is to go out at a 7:00 pace and see what happens.  That'd be a big PR.  I'll probably fade badly and/or blow up, but I just want to see how long I can hold that pace.  It's an easy course.  Weather forecast is 78 degrees and 40% chance of showers.

Sorry about the rampant insomia that is tearing through this place.  I actually slept like a rock last for the first time this week.  I certainly could have slept more, but I'll take the seven good hours.

6 mile easy run last night, and 4 more easy miles on tap after work today.

fo' shizzle

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I was awake at 5am to run my MLR but there was lightning, thunder, and severe rain so I couldn't.  Now I'm working from home and have no time to run.  I'll have to switch days. Pilates and 8 tonight.

Oski, I should've just turned on the computer and join ya.

For some reason, now I want a Chips Ahoy.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

Good morning!

I ran my 9 miles last night a little faster than I had planned, progression run type. First mile 8:36, last one 7:19. Overall pace 7:53. No biggie. Recovery run tonight, 5 miles, I believe...

Totally clouded here, rain all day. Need to pack and prepare the house for my sister who will be staying here with my son while we are gone next week.

Have a great day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning! It's my Saturday. I'm doing some chores and getting my stuff ready for 3 days of camping. I expect to do a little running this afternoon. See you around! Smile

- Andrew

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all! Sleep is in short supply here, too. I guess 10:30 to 4 isn't bad, comparatively, but I could use a little more.

6.55 miles this morning, fairly slow. My calves are very sore. I'm not sure whether to blame yesterday's hill sprints, last night's kicking drills in kyukido, or a combination of the two. My hip is sore, also, but all of it is mostly things that just need stretched out or rolled out.

Today's agenda includes cleaning, baking rhubarb oatmeal cookies, taking things to a friend's house for a garage sale, and picking up our first CSA box of the season. I am looking forward (I think) to the challenge of using all the different things we get through the summer. This box should have rhubarb, spinach, swiss chard, and "Easter egg radishes."

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.