Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies Autocorrected = Saturday IRS (Read 52 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I laughed, but I guess it's time we pay the man by putting in some miles! Off to my 20 mile event.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

RSX

I got nothing. I'm flying to Vancouver today from Boston

Hip Redux

Morning.   It's 6am and 90% humidity with a DP of 70.   It can only get worse from here.  Great day for a 5k.  Big grin

To answer LRB:

O, you're doing a lot of racing lately.  Got bit by the bug did ya?

I usually do about 10 races a year.  It just so happens this week had three of them.  Roll eyes  Also, I am doing a weekly XC series for the next month, which I'm sort of treating like a wednesday night speed session, since I don't do any real speed work outside of races.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

Coffee first, run soon. Then breakfast with my running group.

My Crank e-gels should arrive today, just in time for my redemption LR tomorrow. I've tried all 4 flavors (thanks, Damaris) and really like them and prefer them to GU.

SIAR and Oski, good luck!

RSX, safe flight.

Will run for scenery.

Had a really pitiful run last night.  It was after dinner & wine, in the rain.  Only meant to go for 3 easy, only made it half way.  I had zero energy and my body felt like it was made of wood.  I think my body is re-adjusting to lo-carb eating after a cycle of carbo loading.

SRD today, as I've got a trail run tomorrow.  It's a 12k, w/ 1000 ft up & down.  It's not a race I'm crazy about, but I have to run it in order to run Pike's Peak Marathon.

In any case, the solution to my problems is rest and pancakes.  Yummy, yummy pancakes.

Good luck SIAR & Oski !

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

delicate flower

Hola!  I am volunteering at the OSKI race.  Right now I am sitting on a curb at my assigned spot waiting for the race to start.  My job is to tell runners to go straight.  I get to wear an orange vest!

<3

Dr. Cornsitter

I laughed, but I guess it's time we pay the man by putting in some miles! Off to my 20 mile event.

Good luck! Can you "win" an event, lol?

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

Dr. Cornsitter

Morning.   It's 6am and 90% humidity with a DP of 70.   It can only get worse from here.  Great day for a 5k.  Big grin

To answer LRB:

I usually do about 10 races a year.  It just so happens this week had three of them.  Roll eyes  Also, I am doing a weekly XC series for the next month, which I'm sort of treating like a wednesday night speed session, since I don't do any real speed work outside of races.

I feel your pain! Four miles this morning felt like 12. Best of luck! Let us know how it goes!

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

LRB

74, 90, 69.

Temp, humidity, dew point.  Which will equal a soaked ass whenever I get out of here.  Right now though, coffee...

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I barely slept last night with some weird allergies so 7 tonight plus a few extra with hubby.

SIAR, enjoy your 20 miles.

RSX, safe travels.

Oski, go, Oski!

April, no problem!  Enjoy the Cranks!

jjs, I read your post last night.  Sorry the run was so tough.

Phil, remember to take pictures of Oski, without her head of course, so we can all see her.

Cornsitter, nice 4.

LRB, nice weather.  Enjoy your run. Big grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2. Now off to the puppy pool here in a bit.

Marjorie

LRB

LRB, nice weather.  Enjoy your run. 

Yeah, you would PR in this shit.  I'm just going to P.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

8 mile LR done. I started before 7:00am and it was already 78 degrees and humidity 77%.... GAH! Heat advisory says avoid strenuous outdoor activities. Like....running 8 miles? oops....  I wanted to try to keep it under 13:00 minute miles if I could..... ended up with 12:56 average. It is amazing how much slower my easy pace is in heat and humidity. I wonder if I will ever adjust?

Funny story from my run..... so I was running on my favorite jogging path along the water. It goes underneath the Verrazano Bridge. Between the path and the water there is a 3' high metal railing, and over the railing there is like a 3' concrete dropoff and then very spiky rocks. Well this morning, right by the bridge, 2 men about 80 years old jumped the rail. climbed down onto the rocks, stripped naked, and jumped in the water to go swimming!!! I guess you only live once right??

Boyfriend and his doggie are on their way up from Maryland, and we are going to a BBQ just outside the city at his friends' house that he and his wife just bought. Have a great Saturday!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

Also, I am doing a weekly XC series for the next month, which I'm sort of treating like a wednesday night speed session, since I don't do any real speed work outside of races.

That's a good way to view it.

Kris, I'm blind just reading that, I'm sure you are seeing it!

Welp, I'm about as jizzed up as I'm gonna get.  Headed to the track to see what's in the legs.  Holla back.