Beginners and Beyond

It's Tuesday where I am so I'm starting the TUESDAILIES! (Read 55 times)

Jess runs for bacon

Good morning! Barely made it home from VA beach last night, it snowed all the way from MD to my place (150 miles or so). i need milk and crap, but I'm going to wait a while before driving.

Myrtl done and a little bit of core work, going to go for a recovery walk on the TM later. Feeling a lot better this time around post half so I think I am on the right track Smile

Docket_Rocket

Ugh.  Just finished reading all my emails.  I had three new cases while I was on vacation.  I need another vacation!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

Good morning! Barely made it home from VA beach last night, it snowed all the way from MD to my place (150 miles or so). i need milk and crap, but I'm going to wait a while before driving.

Myrtl done and a little bit of core work, going to go for a recovery walk on the TM later. Feeling a lot better this time around post half so I think I am on the right track Smile

Yay, welcome home! The roads aren't bad but it's all supposed to melt today. Lazy it up this morning. Glad you're feeling better this time around. Smile

flarunner, another six miles down. Nice.

Scott, enjoy your upper body workout and run.

Phil, good luck with PT today. And Happy Birthday to DW!

Damaris, I hope that today goes well.

scottydawg, have a great post-work four-miler.

DaveP MI, enjoy your six miles on the TM.

K L Duke, have a refreshing recovery run. Congratulations on running Shamrock!

BruceD555, have an amazing workout on the track. That sounds intense.

AprilRunner, enjoy your well-earned recovery run.

Robert, bravo on the 5.3.

kristin10185, I hope that today goes better than last night and that you have a great run after work.

Shari, have fun with your run and strength training.

lilac_jive, I'm glad that you returned home safely. Have a great workout later.

School was cancelled, so I was able to do weights and forty-five minutes on the ArcTrainer back-to-back, as I usually do on Tuesdays and ThursdaysSmile

Later, I'll plod through Daniels a bit more. I also have to plans my workouts for the Passover period.

LRB

Scott T, dayum!

Bruce, I had Sumatra once, I don't think I gave it a fair shot because I actually went there for Pike's and they were out.  I have also tried Veranda, that stuff was like nitro!  You got me thinking though....

I got my workout in doing back, shoulders, and chest for the first time since December.  I really need to incorporate more strength training into my workouts, but there is just not enough time to do everything....and run too, sigh.

Hip Redux

Last March 19 - 75 degrees.

This March 19 - 30 degrees and sleet/snow.

I'm pretty sure I was even on my BIKE in March last year!

No likey.

delicate flower

PS.  Baboon, wife turning 40?  What are you getting her for the B-day?  SIde note, me and the wife are turning 40 this year as well....  Time seems to be kicking into warp speed, these years are starting to go by way too fast!...

It's tough to buy for each other because if there is something we want we usually just buy it.  That said, I got her a Garmin 210 with footpod, a nice jacket for cool weather running/riding/whatever, and a gift card for triathlon supplies (she is training).  Wife's been busy and stressed lately due to work and life, so she just wanted to keep things low key like any other birthday. 

<3

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Didn't run yesterday, decided to take an actual rest day, crazy, huh?  I did go for a 3 mile walk, we'll call that recovery. Smile

Gonna be sunny and 65* this afternoon, I'll get some nice easy miles in then.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Zelanie

Morning!  Which means it must be just about Wednesday in Tokyo by now!

Tonight I have 8 with 4x1600 @HMP.  Sounds kinda slow for 1600s, but I'm not one to argue with Mr. Pfitz.  I ran 1200s like that a couple weeks back and it was really nice.

And all you coffee folks, give me the low-down on what you like/don't like about your Keurig and which model you have. 

Be careful, this kind of question could seriously derail the thread.

I have what I think is called the Elite, has a removable water reservoir but otherwise pretty basic, no LCD display. It is perfect. Smile DW got it for me for Xmas a couple years ago to bring in to the office, because I like to have a cup after lunch and I refuse to drink the crap cooking on the burners in the break room. We still have a regular drip coffeemaker with thermal carafe at home, as we drink a pot every morning.

Dave

delicate flower

Today calls for 6-7 easy miles before my strength training class.

And all you coffee folks, give me the low-down on what you like/don't like about your Keurig and which model you have. My Mr. Coffee with a thermal carafe has stopped pumping water through, and DH and I are considering switching to the Keurig. Some mornings I will drink that whole 8-cup pot (made with 1/2 decaf), but other days I know the Keurig would be convenient when I just have time for one cup.

We have the one they sell at Costco.  Five size settings and it came with like 350 k-cups.  We bought one just for the sheer convenience of it.  It is so easy to pop in a k-cup, press a button, and have coffee in 30 seconds.  I still prefer my cheap old drip machine though.  I can make the coffee as strong as I want, I like buying different coffees from various makers, and the smell of coffee brewing spreads throughout the house.  Obviously brewing your coffee is cheaper per cup than the k-cups.  A $10 box of k-cups lasts me a week.  $10 in coffee grounds can last me a month.  So, we have both machines in the house.  The drip brewer is my go-to coffee maker.  The Keurig is for when I'm in a hurry. 

<3

YAYpril - B-Plus

We don't have a Keurig (although my office has a couple). My husband and I split a pot of coffee every morning (we both drink a cup at home, then bring some to work in travel mugs). We have a nice Kitchenaid drip coffeemaker that we program every night to start brewing in the morning before we wake up. If we have a hankering for a quick cup of coffee, we also have a French Press - YUM.

We have a gas stove, so the French Press was invaluable when our power was out for 3 days due to Hurricane Sandy.

Be careful, this kind of question could seriously derail the thread.

I have what I think is called the Elite, has a removable water reservoir but otherwise pretty basic, no LCD display. It is perfect. Smile DW got it for me for Xmas a couple years ago to bring in to the office, because I like to have a cup after lunch and I refuse to drink the crap cooking on the burners in the break room. We still have a regular drip coffeemaker with thermal carafe at home, as we drink a pot every morning.

--I'm old school.... I like the crap that cooks on the burner in the office. (But I own the coffeemaker, so I get first cup.  It is a rule. Big grin)  If price is an issue, the Keurig K-cups seem to be more of an expense.

--I tried Keurig a few times from someone else in the office that had one, but just doesn't taste the same?  I usppose that is personal preference on the issue of which is better...

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

delicate flower

We have a gas stove, so the French Press was invaluable when our power was out for 3 days due to Hurricane Sandy.

Heck yeah!  We were without power for 12 days back in Oct 11.  I boiled water on the gas grill and french pressed my coffee.

<3

LRB

My Keurig (by Mr. Coffee) is a basic model that only brews 8 ounce cups with no display or reservoir.  I run 4 ounces through the k-cup a second time to get 12 ounces though.  ; )

I am not adverse to the traditional way to brew and drink coffee, k-cups are just more convenient for me. While true they may be a tad bit more expensive than regular coffee, it is not a deal breaker.

There was a time when I drank an entire pot of black coffee while lifting weights!  Now, I only have one cup every morning, sweet and creamy.