Beginners and Beyond

It's Tuesday where I am so I'm starting the TUESDAILIES! (Read 55 times)

Ah, that makes sense, AprilRunner. Do you have speedwork planned tomorrow?

YAYpril - B-Plus

Ah, that makes sense, AprilRunner. Do you have speedwork planned tomorrow?

Not formally. Wednesday is the LRS group run, and I live about 2.5 miles from there so I run to them, run a little too fast with the group, then run home. Smile

Just B.S.

Swimming gasses me like I ran from the cops for 26.2 miles!

I came a long way in a short time with my swimming though, it will be nice to get back at it some day.

You should! I went from not being able to do 50 meters without huffing and puffing to being able to do

1 kilometer non stop breathing nice and relaxed in about 7 weeks. I had such a great feeling of

accomplishment.

My limiting factor now is how much time I can manage in the pool. The longest I have swam non stop

is 1,600 meters which is 1 mile. I always run out of time because the lanes are booked for swim team

or classes.Sad

And I always treat myself to a little hot tub time afterwards.

I highly recommend it if you are a runner thinking about trying swimming.

Not formally. Wednesday is the LRS group run, and I live about 2.5 miles from there so I run to them, run a little too fast with the group, then run home. Smile

No wonder you're not doubling today!

O.K. I had my fun starting the Dailies early so I'll play by the majority time zones now. Smile

7.2 easy around the little park on my "Tuesday" run. I did get adventurous and add a couple miles around the neighborhood so that broke up the round and round and round. Another nice morning here.

Now off to work.

LRB

I actually  was swimming with regularity when I took up running.  After that first 5k though, I pretty much dropped everything that wasn't running like a bad habit!

I had issues with with flexibility and allowing my body to fully relax back then.  Ironically, both of those things have been addressed recently in PT, so when I do return to swimming I will be better than I was before I take one stroke!

Just B.S.

I had issues with with flexibility and allowing my body to fully relax back then.  Ironically, both of those things have been addressed recently in PT, so when I do return to swimming I will be better than I was before I take one stroke!

Awesome!!!

It has taken 20 years for me to come full circle to the triathlon.

Cyclist for 20 years

Runner for 14 years.

Swimmer for 2.5 months

First tri of the season June 9th!

I did a tri back in 2011 but the swim portion was so pathetic (19:23 for 500 meters Roll eyes)that I swore I wouldn't

do one again until I could do it decently.

Plus as a girl i find it extremely fun to have 3 different wardrobes to collect cute stuff for. I already have 2 new

tri suits to wear for this summer.  I had perfectly good black rimmed goggles but recently bought a pink pair,

well because they are pink.Big grin

I have tried it for a few stretches, my biggest problem is I cannot actually swim all that well. I would seriously need to take some lessons to get some kind of decent form.

My other problem is I wear contact lenses. I have alway swum with contacts in & goggles. But during my last stretch of swimming, I got an eye infection, so I think that is probably a bad idea. I know you don't need to see too much to swim, but I am really, really blind (-9.00ish).

Dave

Fuzzy, have a wonderful Wednesday.

I'm insane. I just learned about a HM that's scheduled for Sunday, September 15. That's the day after Yom Kippur. That's right, folks. No eating or drinking from 6:39 p.m. on September 13 until 8:08 p.m. on September 14. And I'm strongly considering running the next day.

I wish that I had access to a pool. I'd love to learn how to swim.

Just B.S.

Like I said in my RR, I am officially scared of San Francisco now.  Ric-G, have you done that one?

You could come train here. SF wouldn't scare you after that.Smile

This was my 6 miler from home today.  Pretty normal route for me. Fun times. For reference

that chart is 100 meters not feet ( multiply by 3.2 for feet)

I'm running up that 255 foot hill singing that song "what doesn't kill me makes me stroooonger" !LOL

Craptastic. I'm spacey, not just insane. I just looked at my calendar. Passover starts Monday night, not Sunday night. I have to change my workout plan for next week.

I'll take one of next weeks easy runs and do it after work Thursday night this week.

This coming Sunday, I'll do my normal long run and weights, but I'll chase weights with the cardio I'd have done Tuesday. Monday morning, I'll do an easy run. Monday afternoon, I'll do weights, which I'd have done Tuesday morning, and speedwork, which I'd have done Wednesday morning. Thursday, I'll do weights and cardio in the morning and an easy run in the evening. Friday, I'll do my usual morning easy run.

The following week, on Sunday, I'll do my normal long run and weights, but I'll chase weights with the cardio I'd have done that Tuesday. Tuesday night, I'll do weights with free weights at home. Wednesday, I'll do speedwork in the morning and double with the run club in the evening. Thursday, I'll do my usual weights and cardio in the morning and Monday's easy run in the evening. Friday, I'll do my usual morning easy run.

Of course, ab work and push-ups will be part of each day.

LRB

Fuzzy, have a wonderful Wednesday.

I'm insane. I just learned about a HM that's scheduled for Sunday, September 15. That's the day after Yom Kippur. That's right, folks. No eating or drinking from 6:39 p.m. on September 13 until 8:08 p.m. on September 14. And I'm strongly considering running the next day.

Provided you don't overexert yourself during your fast, there is time to replenish your glycogen stores and run a good race.  Just practice it a couple few times in advance so you know what works and what does not.

Provided you don't overexert yourself during your fast, there is time to replenish your glycogen stores and run a good race.  Just practice it a couple few times in advance so you know what works and what does not.

I've fasted before and exercised intensely the same evening or the following morning. I break a fast with a S!Cap and some water. About half an hour later, I have a carb-rich meal with some easily digestible protein, such as fish or egg whites. I go easy on fat. I also hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.

BruceD555

Yowzers, this place has been busy since I was here earlier today. I finished my VO2mx workout at the track this evening after work and those 6x1000s really make ya work. I got in 3 miles as warm-up on the treadmill then hit the track for the 6 1000s (times were 4:07, 4:03, 4:06, 4:06, 4:07 and 4:05 minutes) with 3:10 minute recoveries between each one. I added another mile on the TM as cool down for a total of 10 for the day. I'm glad there were only 6 because I don't think I would have lasted for a 7th.

Train smart ... race smarter.