Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins , carpe diem - seize the day! (Read 218 times)

eatrunlivehappy

mom/superwoman

Good Morning Everyone!

Gustav, I love how you and your wife sing to each other!  My boyfriend has an amazing voice and sings to me.  I also have a good voice but I'm still too shy to break it out.  (and I really hope you mean actually sing and it's not some gym lingo for something else... that would be awkward)

Brenda, Good luck with the 5 today!  I wish our local YMCA had a better indoor track. You have to go around 11 or more times to make a mile! .

JB, I hope you're feeling better today.  I'm glad you got try and sleep it off!

Robert, enjoy the RD.

Jerry, It has been so nice here also.  It's hard not to want to get out and run to take advantage of it! (not that it's a bad thing)

Rach, I feel for you.  When I moved it was crazy! I've been in my new house for 4 months and still have things in boxes.

Margo, enjoy your massage!  How fun!

Dave, 8 miles bright and early!  That's awesome!  My butt can't seem to wake up before 5:30am and by that time it's too late to run before my bf goes to work. (someone has to be home for the kids)

Brady, great job on the 5.2 this morning already! I also have a saturn SL, so now I know where to go when something brakes Wink

Kristi, great job getting in 3 despite a crazy schedule.  I admire people in the medical field.

Kristen, Keep your chin up!  I started by doing just what you did.  I signed up for a race 8 months early. It gave me something to look forward to.  Not to mention it's how I met my BF!

Today for me is a 30 minute tempo run on a tredmill.  I'm going to try and do 5 minutes at a 12 minute pace (Slow I know but I'm working on it) 20 minutes at a 9 minute pace and 5 at a 12 minute pace.  at a 1.0 incline.  Happy Running Everyone!

Young mother cooking, eating, and running for both mental and physical health.  And I'm not as serious as that makes me sound :) www.eatrunlivehappy.com

Zelanie

Good morning, penguins!  I'm up early because I need to drop Zoe off at the vet for her 6-month post-op visit.  She's been considered "healed" for a couple of months now, but after today's xrays and various checks she will be done with the study she's in.  She finally gets to take off the harness and activity monitor that she's had to wear for the past 6 months!  And we can hopefully put the experience behind us!

Today is a SRD.  I posted late last night that I got my 5.5 in and an exercise class at work.

Gustav- Sounds like fun working out and singing with your wife.  When I sing when I work out with DD, she leaves!

Brenda- Good luck on the indoor track.  I've never tried to run on one.

Jimmy- Getting a good night's sleep is like recovery, right?  I bet you'll have a good run today!

Robert- Enjoy the RD!

Rach- Good luck on the move!  I also can't remember- is it long distance?

Jerry- So nice that you guys have been having some extended good weather.

Margo- Enjoy the massage!  I've actually never been, but it sounds nice!

D2- Nice streak!

Brady- Good to see you in here again!  Hope you are able to get some more mileage in soon.

Kristi- Nice job fitting running in to the tough schedule!

Kristin- Taking it easy when you're within the 2-week window of your race might not be a bad thing anyway.  Once you're in that time period, the hay is in the barn, so to speak.

Kara- Good luck on the "XT"!

D- Back to work already?  Boo!

ERLH- Good luck on the tempo run!  I don't remember a lot about what you normally run, but that's a *huge* difference between your warm up and your tempo miles.  Is that a pace you are going to be able to hold for 20 minutes?  When my easy pace was 12, I think I did my tempos around 10MM and still was hating life before they were done.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Got my report for my Sunday 5K done. This 5K was Race #70 for me for the year.  

On Sunday, Dec 2, 2012, I participated in the Realtor Run/Walk 5K, supporting the Wounded Warrior Foundation.  Below is the link to my report and photos.  Please feel free to share the report and photos.

http://forums.runnersworld.com/forums/runner-communities/beginners#plckforumpage=ForumDiscussion&plckdiscussionid=Cat%3ARunner%20CommunitiesForum%3A608106477Discussion%3A1a5dbf9e-127f-4e1a-83dd-6b739a7dff4c

Also...the mouse that our cat brought into the house on Sunday is now gone, that was quick.  Apparently, it tried to escape last night from under the kitchen cabinet.  This morning around 5 a.m. my cat, Peanut, was yowling like crazy, so I got up to see what the heck was going on.  And there he was, proudly displaying the mouse he had caught once again and wanted to show it off to me and Gail; only this time it was deceased, guess Peanut didn't want it to escape a second time.   Gail was happy - mice kinda freak her out - and gave Peanut lots of ear scratching and also some kitty treats. She also had me remove the remains, lol, she didn't want to come near the thing.

Today will be 3 - 5 miles after work.  Will either run around the university campus or go to Fort Sam Houston to run, haven't decided which yet.  Nice to have all these running routes to choose from!  Weather will be pleasant too.  Right now, at 8 a.m. Texas time, it is 68 degrees.  It will be 77 degrees during my run/walk time.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

eatrunlivehappy

mom/superwoman

ERLH- Good luck on the tempo run!  I don't remember a lot about what you normally run, but that's a *huge* difference between your warm up and your tempo miles.  Is that a pace you are going to be able to hold for 20 minutes?  When my easy pace was 12, I think I did my tempos around 10MM and still was hating life before they were done.

10 minute miles are usually my easy pace but Im new to the tredmill so I wanted to  slow it down.  I probably should do 10 minute likes then 9 mintues miles.  I'll see how it goes today.

Young mother cooking, eating, and running for both mental and physical health.  And I'm not as serious as that makes me sound :) www.eatrunlivehappy.com

Zelanie

Good luck, ERLH!  You can always do the first half at 10:00, then inch your way faster from there depending on how it feels!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I can relate, Gustav.  I have a full body workout too that I am supposed to do once a week to help with my spinal arthritis.  I say "supposed to' cuz sometimes I slack off in that area.  Somehow, my doc can always tell and gives me a scolding at my appointments when I do slack off, lol.  Enjoy your bike ride!

5 miles on an indoor track!  Good luck with that Brenda!  You have way more patience than I do, I'd go a bit 'stir-crazy' after the first two laps, lol.

Glad you feel rejuvenated, Jimmy.  Hope your miles go well for you.

Enjoy the SRD, Robert.

Sounds like a full day for you TSTS!  Hope everything goes well.

Enjoy those nice days while they last, Jerry!  And when they stop...come to Texas...  Wink

Dang, Margo, so 65 is quite unseasonably warm for you.  65 for us in San Antonio would be a bit chilly, lol.  Enjoy that massage!

Congrats on the streak, Dave!

Saturn SL, Brady?  I thought Saturn went out of business. Congrats on your miles this morning.

Treatment MACHINES, Kristi?  That sounds...ominous.  Wink   I am sure the patients appreciate you taking care of them.  Hopefully, anyway.  Hope your busy day goes by quickly!

So sorry you are not 100%, Kristin, hope you feel better too.  Yeah, I do the same thing, sign up for several of my races way in advance of the race date.  Helps keep me motivated.  Gail just rolls her eyes when I tell her that and snidely comments "like you need any motivation to go out and run, you know you love it, and would do it, even if there were no races at all to be done. "  Yeah, she's probably correct, but even so, I am glad there are races available, I like doing them, they are socializing play-time for me. Big grin

So sorry you are ill, Kara, hope you feel better.  Why is your avatar so dark?  Just curious. 

Enjoy your SRD, Damaris.  And finish that brief...you look good in briefs. Big grin

Good luck with your TM workout Mom/Supermom!

Yay, Zelanie, for Zoe being healthy again.  Give her a dog treat and a big hug from me.

Zelanie

Scotty- Will do, but after she gets home since she wasn't allowed to have breakfast this morning. Sad  Glad the mouse saga is over!

BradyS71

Fast Penquin

Saturn SL, Brady?  I thought Saturn went out of business. Congrats on your miles this morning.

Yes Scotty it is now a trendy classic car!  (Also it get 30-35 mpg Smile)

So far I can replace the alternator and replace the brakes.  Next task is to learn to change the oil (shouldn't be too hard) and when it finally goes, learn how to replace the head gasket.

Tick: I'm sure millions of viewers out there are just wondering what it's like to wear the tights of justice. Well, it's tingly and it's uncomfortable, but it gets the job done and, oh, the job of it.

Good morning folks,

Gustav- thanks for getting us rolling again. I assume you are somewhere on the East Coast since you are up and online before everybody else. Good job on the workouts and singing. That sounds fun the singing and planks.

Brenda- enjoy the indoor track

J Black- sounds like the rest was good. I am sure you will have a good workout. 

Robert- take advantage of the rest day. I get one in the morning.

Rach- moving is a pain- I hope everything works out ok.

Jerry- I hope you make it to the club to get your weights in. I should lift more often, but I have been too focused on running and and touched a weight in months.

Phillie- rest and message- sound relaxing

Dave- WTG on the streak and on the 8 and the race the other day. I want to be Dave when I grow up Smile

Brady- 5+ miles is good. I was a streaker. I made it 8 days Sad

Kristi - you do sound busy. Good job on the treadmill.

Kristin - sorry about the issues. take care of yourself and get what workouts you can get in.

Kara- those dodging exercises will pay off. you will be quick and agile like a ninja in no time. remember if you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

Dararis- dont tease us with a rest day. you dont take rest days. have fun with those briefs.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Eat Run Live Happy- enjoy the treadmill run. When I started the only time I ever did speed work was on the treadmill.

Zelanie- 5.5 and a class....NICE. keep up the good work.

Scotty- weather has been good for running in the mornings down here on the coast, but I am scoring no points in my stupid winter mileage game.

AFM- I did like 3.5 on the track at the HS this AM. my phone was going nuts and ticked me off. That crazy chick SIRI kept trying to talk to me. Then my music would play super fast and then SIRI would stalk me some more. I thought that my crazy stalker chick days were over Smile

I might have made a mistake after my run. I went to the local grocery store to get some baby formula and some bag salad for lunch. Anyways, I was getting some funny looks from the other shoppers. I guess I smelled a little ripe. Oh well.

I am starting to get a little nervous- there is only 39 days until my houston marathon and it seems like it will be here super fast.

School has been flying by lately. Our football team keeps winning and all the football talk helps to keep me motivated at work. I just got a text with pictures of my son alex. He made distiguished honor roll and scored well on his conduct grade. I am proud of him, but if he is making good grades and acting right then life is good and he is lucky he got his momma's gemes

Make today Great,

Tomas

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Tomas, I sent a PM (email) to you via this forum.   Hey, good luck to your team, maybe you will end up State champs, how cool would that be for your faculty,  students and parents?

Philliefan33

Brady -- I like that philosophy:  I deserve this, since I had to take P-Chem!  I might make that my new philosopy for life.  "Honey, we need to go out for dinner tonight.  I don't feel like cooking, and since I had to take P-Chem in 1985 I deserve a night out."

P-Chem was my oldest daughter's favorite chemistry course -- that's just plain wrong.  She was a chem major / math minor, so I guess she liked the math involved.  She's now in graduate school and having to learn more biochemistry because she's working with protiens.

BradyS71

Fast Penquin

Brady -- I like that philosophy:  I deserve this, since I had to take P-Chem!  I might make that my new philosopy for life.  "Honey, we need to go out for dinner tonight.  I don't feel like cooking, and since I had to take P-Chem in 1985 I deserve a night out."

P-Chem was my oldest daughter's favorite chemistry course -- that's just plain wrong.  She was a chem major / math minor, so I guess she liked the math involved.  She's now in graduate school and having to learn more biochemistry because she's working with protiens.

I took Quantum Mechanics (1st quarter P-Chem) with 3 guys who went on to get thier PhDs in P-Chem, they destroyed the curve....  I had to retake 1st quarter again the next year, and they reversed the order so I got to take Thermodynamics instead (which was easier for me Smile)

Tick: I'm sure millions of viewers out there are just wondering what it's like to wear the tights of justice. Well, it's tingly and it's uncomfortable, but it gets the job done and, oh, the job of it.

russalka

Trying to post again.  I ran three miles on a hilly route.  It's up to 69 in DC today!

Singer who runs a smidge

I took Quantum Mechanics (1st quarter P-Chem) with 3 guys who went on to get thier PhDs in P-Chem, they destroyed the curve....  I had to retake 1st quarter again the next year, and they reversed the order so I got to take Thermodynamics instead (which was easier for me Smile)

I enjoyed my Quantum class most of all my chem courses!  I took a grad level quantum class for funsies in my last semsester -- it was just me and a grad student, so the prof went easy on me, I think.  Way cool!

Anyway, I ran yesterday!  W1D1 of c25k is done, baby!  Day 2 comes tonight -- my knee is a little achy, but not bad.  I did ice right after the run, which I think helped.

Just saw the news about Suzielea, which bummed me out -- it sounded like it must've been really sudden.

Scotty, your mouse saga made me laugh!  Chewie is our bloodsport kitty ... he left pieces of a bird on the deck this morning.  DH said there was a head, some feathers, a foot ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.