Beginners and Beyond

RR - *The* Turkey Trot 8K (Read 45 times)

Firefox crashed and ate my RR, so I'm not retyping the whole thing. 

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

FFS, I hate when that happens. Great job on the 3rd place AG. That must have been a hell of a fast field (or you were taking it easy). Also, that is a great 'stache. You have possibly motivated me to grow one for my next marathon. Smile

Cliff notes version:

It was low 30's, overcast and calm, fast conditions with none of the recent storm snow (The Trot was not in the affected southern regions of greater Buffalo).

Fast field.  I ran a PR 28:15 among 12,500, 38th OA.  After about 2 miles of getting warm, it was one of those amazing days where I felt great and was breathing easily with little to no discomfort.  At  4 miles, I poured it on and was unable to catch my "marked man", a competitor slightly better than myself but not unbeatable.  However, I did pick off several other guys and got two during my kick down the home stretch, with the crowd responding loudly.

Here is a video.  I finish just after 23:40 into it.

LRB

Firefox crashed and ate my RR, so I'm not retyping the whole thing. 

That happened to me and my marathon race report. I was in disbelief because Firefox never crashes but it did just as I was about to hit post, worst feeling ever!

LRB

That's an impressive placing in such a competitive field. Weird that one side of the city got 8 feet of snow yet another part had none!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

That is a lot of people in that photo!  Congrats on your AG award!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

B-Plus

Congrats Jay!

Nice plaque! Congrats Jay on another super fast race!

Dave

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Not familiar with 8K pace times off the top of my head I had to check.......5:45!!!    WOW!!!!

That's friggin' fast, dude!!!

Randy

GinnyinPA

Congratulations.  You are really fast.  Glad it warmed up for you'all.

Cyberic

You were galloping, man 

Seriously though, that is one fast race. Congrats on that.

happylily

I ran that video for 20 odd minutes and I'm pretty sure that I crossed the finish line ahead of that first guy. Do I win a pie, or something? :-)

Jay, congratulations on another super fast performance! It was quite a big field and to finish 3rd AG and 38th on 12500 (top 0.3%!)   is a great accomplishment! Bravo!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

I hate when that happens. Great job on the PR!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

workinprogress11

Congratulations on the AG award!  It must feel great to have beaten well over 99% of the field.

LRB

I ran that video for 20 odd minutes and I'm pretty sure that I crossed the finish line ahead of that first guy. Do I win a pie, or something? :-)

That was funny!