Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies thawing out (Read 39 times)

delicate flower

Ehhh....wake up already??  No forum posts for 8 hours?  What's going on in here?

3 easy miles done.  "Feels like" 12 degrees.  Yowsers!  My hands got so cold that they were burning when they were thawing out after the run.  Going to grab some breakfast then hit the road. 

So what ya got on tap today, people!

<3

LRB

Yo!

I am heading over to the trail to run as freezing rain is currently falling here which will make for an interesting drive, and run.

onemile

Freezing rain here too. Very icy out. I am hoping it will be better this afternoon.

Good luck tomorrow Baboon!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

7.2. I was a bit underdressed but stuck it out in my shorts and short sleeve tech. I saw one guy in tights wool cap gloves and heavy long sleeve tech. It was NOT that cold!  I'd have been a wet mess if I'd worn that much. But he was fast. I'd guess he was doing under a 7 pace.

Marjorie

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Today was supposed to be a rest day.... I didn't know that until after our 3 mile run on the muddy trails 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

Good morning! It's the WEEKEND! And I'm not running a marathon, Phil is!!!  Looks like great weather in Philly tomorrow, the running gods are smiling on you, Phil. Good luck! (Hey... Phil in Philly.. I like it! It must mean something good, I'm sure )

10 miles done. 7:34 pace, slow end of steady state according to McMillan. Now bath time and brunch with the neighbors.

Have a great day everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

B-Plus

Good luck Baboon!

I'm heading out for a group run. I'll probably get in 7-9 miles.

LRB

Yo!

I am heading over to the trail to run as freezing rain is currently falling here which will make for an interesting drive, and run.

Ended up with 6 (went out for 7) on the snow packed trail which made for a slow go of it for the first 3 miles trying to adjust to it.

In years past my Achilles would have swollen to the size of lemons running on that crap but I am hoping since I am no longer a tight ass I am much more flexible these days that things will be good.

I was going to do a pretty significant tempo workout tomorrow (provided the rain washes the ground clear) but will have to wait and see how I feel after trudging through and across such uneven, unpredictable terrain.

I would imagine that is what trail running is like. 

happylily

Ended up with 6 (went out for 7) on the snow packed trail which made for a slow go of it for the first 3 miles trying to adjust to it.

In years past my Achilles would have swollen to the size of lemons running on that crap but I am hoping since I am no longer a tight ass I am much more flexible these days that things will be good.

I was going to do a pretty significant tempo workout tomorrow (provided the rain washes the ground clear) but will have to wait and see how I feel after trudging through and across such uneven, unpredictable terrain.

I would imagine that is what trail running is like. 

Tight asses are nice, but having lots of flexibility has its advantages also. I bet you have both, LRB.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  (close enough!)  12 miles with hubby this morning.  Now still running errands.

Good luck, Phil!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

lol at lily

B-Plus

Congrats on the trail run LRB! I ran about 8 I think. Off to upload my run.

You Rang?

Eight miles with the Snails at the Fullerton Loop, then off to stand on the WW scale.  Down 2.6 which isn't bad after last week 2.4 lb. weight gain.

Baboon - you are going to break the tape in Philly, right?  Please don't disappoint me.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Trail running is fun, but on snow or ice it can be tricky and very slow going. With all the roots I deal with, I wonder how the hell the elite trail runners and ultra runners manage such fast paces on trails...

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

Bit short of two hours run, for about 14 miles. Sidewalks were nice.