Beginners and Beyond

Humpity hump hump penguins! (Read 27 times)

Docket_Rocket

Kristin, feel better.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Dad on the run.

How about this one then...

If a man with multiple personalities tries to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

You are like my husband, not funny at all! Joking

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Docket_Rocket

Ugh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

DH:  You know how when geese fly one side of the v is longer than the other one?

Me:  Yeah ...

DH:  Do you know why?

Me:  No ...

DH:  Because there's more geese on that side.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Dad on the run.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Dad on the run.

It must be a guy thing. My wife don't really find corny jokes all that funny either.

DH:  You know how when geese fly one side of the v is longer than the other one?

Me:  Yeah ...

DH:  Do you know why?

Me:  No ...

DH:  Because there's more geese on that side.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Dad on the run.

A dwarf, elf and human walk into a bar. They all sit down and order a pint. As they are sitting there three flies are buzzing around and a fly lands in each of the three beers. The elf being of higher class raises up his nose and refuses to drink any more. The human simply picks the fly out and continues to drink his beer. The dwarf however reaches into his glass, grabs the little fly by the wings, stares into his eyes and snarls "SPIT IT OUT!"

That's got to be a step up from corny! Smile

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Dad on the run.

5 miles at what I would call a medium difficulty. Had stroller and 2 dogs so....

<tfoot> </tfoot>

Split

Time

Distance

Avg Pace

Summary 48:26.0 5.01 9:40
                  1 9:55.9 1.00 9:56
                  2 9:39.8 1.00 9:40
                  3 9:45.5 1.00 9:45
                  4 9:39.7 1.00 9:40
                  5 9:21.2 1.00 9:21
                  6 :04.0 0.01 6:44

Wanted to do 6 but the ball of my foot started hurting again at mile 5. Got home and looked at it and it looks like my skin was starting to split open. Guess I need to look into that second skin stuff.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

GinnyinPA

Jimmy - blisters or callus cracks?  If callus, use Vaseline.  Nice pace, especially given the dogs and stroller.

I ran 11 miles today.  It was supposed to be 12, but I was already feeling a bit tired at 5, and so turned around at the next road junction.  That's the problem with out and back runs; it's too easy to say, enough!  I like loops better, because then you have to keep going.  It was an easy run though, gently downhill for about three miles, then gently uphill for the next three.  My allergies were going crazy with all the fresh mowed grass.  Seems like everyone who didn't mow over the weekend took advantage of this afternoon's sun to take care of their lawns.

Dad on the run.

Callus cracks. I will Vaseline that callus up and sleep with socks on... yuck...

Jimmy - blisters or callus cracks?  If callus, use Vaseline.  Nice pace, especially given the dogs and stroller.

I ran 11 miles today.  It was supposed to be 12, but I was already feeling a bit tired at 5, and so turned around at the next road junction.  That's the problem with out and back runs; it's too easy to say, enough!  I like loops better, because then you have to keep going.  It was an easy run though, gently downhill for about three miles, then gently uphill for the next three.  My allergies were going crazy with all the fresh mowed grass.  Seems like everyone who didn't mow over the weekend took advantage of this afternoon's sun to take care of their lawns.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Ginny: nice run and yes it is much cooler.

JBJ: nice miles, man. Your mpw is increasing! How are the bracelets coming?

I just did eight miles with a four mile push in the middle at a 7:40 pace. It was nice!

Bin: I wore the headband and it is great! I think it gives me super powers!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Ginny: nice run and yes it is much cooler.

JBJ: nice miles, man. Your mpw is increasing! How are the bracelets coming?

I just did eight miles with a four mile push in the middle at a 7:40 pace. It was nice!

Bin: I wore the headband and it is great! I think it gives me super powers!

MAYBE I NEED A HEADBAND?? lol

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Kristin: check them out on amazon. The brand is Halo. If you don't like the headband, they have visors with the same "sweat technology." Wink  Seriously!

Dad on the run.

Jack - They are coming along. I got about 30 envelopes ready to be mailed. I ran out of envelopes and need to go pick up another box... or two. I will try and have them all ready to be mailed this weekend and try and get them sent off first thing next week.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

JBJ: you are the man!!