Beginners and Beyond

Love is love Saturday penguins (Read 21 times)

obiebyke

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

obiebyke

I'm still riding the high after the most fun wedding I've ever been to last night. So sweet! Up early despite myself and wondering if the rain will hold off so I can do my 5-6 on urban trails or if I need to stick to non-muddy pavement. I did 9 last week, and have been upping mileage pretty insanely, so it seemed time to back off my long run this week.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Brilliant

Obie, I hope you get a nice trail run in ahead of the rain.

Rest day for me.  No exciting plans today except to make a blueberry pie.  Because they're in season!

Amazonian Princess

Good morning!

Obie - I love weddings, too, and the more fun the better! My brother got married last year and I spent hours dancing in heels, and I got no rhythm at all 

Hello, Brilliant! Blueberry pie sounds wonderful - yum!

I'm getting dressed for my first "long run" in almost a month. Still hacking up random bits from my lungs, but much less often, and feeling good because my scale is finally headed the right way again (am I the only person who puts on weight when sick, or what?)

Have a great Saturday!

I can. I will. I am. 

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

Brilliant: what time should I be over?  I figure you will need some help with that pie.

5 mile trail run for me. Very nice and lots of shade. Just a few too many mountain bikers to avoid. Still a nice run.

Enjoy the day.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Have a good run, Obie.

Have a nice RD "Bad Ass" Brilliant.

Hope you had good LR Bacon.

Congrats on not getting run over Jack.

RD for me.  Still can't figure out why my foot is swollen and black and blue.  Just walked 4 miles w/o pain.

Have a great weekend  !!!

hog4life

45 mile BikeMS ride with DW, DS, DIL. The girls did the 25 while me and DS did 45.

Brilliant

Jerry and Jack, you both made me laugh out loud!

hog4life, nice ride!

Actually didn't get around to making the pie today, but the blueberries are bought so it will be tomorrow.

Jack, I'm sure somebody posted on the daily thread on their mountain biking forum this morning: "very nice trail, lots of shade.  Just a few too many runners to avoid."