Beginners and Beyond

Shower fights (Read 179 times)

LRS

Chasing Muses

I just want to chime in and say that the subject matter of this thread is painfully disappointing, given the subject line.

On a more helpful note, perhaps try Goof Off?

At this point, it may have been cheaper to replace the glass.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

I guess I need a trip to buy acid of some kind.

Acid of some kind can produce a trip.

MrNamtor

I just want to chime in and say that the subject matter of this thread is painfully disappointing, given the subject line.

+1

slowrunningjulie

I always find the answer to questions like this on www.pinterest.com.

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

CrisRuns

The list of things I tried is very long. The only product that shows promise is Lysol power bowl cleaner, which contains an acid. Unfortunately the fumes are very toxic, so I decided I need a professional with mask and equipment. I am now calling cleaning service and asking around.

happylily

Cris, that's just crazy... Why don't you say that included in the sale is $200 worth of cleaning products and that cleaning the shower door was last on your list of things to do and you ran out of time? Let the new owners figure it out themselves. If I were looking for a house, the shower doors would certainly not be the decision factor for me. Don't worry about it so much...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Chloey

Run Like a Mother

I agree! The shower doors would not be a deciding factor for me!

Arimathea

Tessa

We have had better luck taking off the shower doors, laying them flat on the driveway, and pouring Lime-A-Way on them so it can soak. Spraying it on them doesn't keep the acid in the spray in contact with the scale long enough to do any good. Then scrub off loosened scale with sponge, hose doors off, turn over, repeat. Our water is extremely hard and we get mineral buildup easily. Warning: do this on the driveway, NOT on the lawn.
                    CrisRuns

We have had better luck taking off the shower doors, laying them flat on the driveway, and pouring Lime-A-Way on them so it can soak. Spraying it on them doesn't keep the acid in the spray in contact with the scale long enough to do any good. Then scrub off loosened scale with sponge, hose doors off, turn over, repeat. Our water is extremely hard and we get mineral buildup easily. Warning: do this on the driveway, NOT on the lawn.

Thanks. That door is huge and on the fourth floor of my house, but if I get really desperate, I am going to consider it.

Thanks for the words of comfort. I get a little compulsive about details...