Beginners and Beyond

Man running 700 miles from Maine to DC to raise funds for charities. (Read 146 times)

This guy was running a few towns away from me yesterday, I wish I could have joined him for a few miles!

He's also on facebook.

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Goorun

...My plan is to cover 50 miles a day...(from the article).

Nice and it is for charities so good on him. Also he is 56.

Slow and steady never wins anything.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Excellent! I'm awed by his efforts and the support he's giving to charities!

Keeping in mind that the man runs in 2 days what I run in a month!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Thanks for sharing. That was a good read. I'm inspired by people who take their free time to do stuff like this for charity. All of them are good causes.

- Andrew

That is Gary Allen! He is the founder and director of the Mount Desert Island Marathon.  He is an awesome guy.  I met him last May during Reach the Beach.  He is a machine.

Steph 

“I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” John Burroughs

That is Gary Allen! He is the founder and director of the Mount Desert Island Marathon.  He is an awesome guy.  I met him last May during Reach the Beach.  He is a machine.

Oh, very cool!  Someone here on RA in the Maine user group also posted about him- he is a friend of his and ran with him one of the days.  His name is Blaine and he's in the video.  Small world.  : )

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau