Beginners and Beyond

FAST COMPANY Week 3 (Read 385 times)

kettledrum

Happy New Year team!

Did 5 miles yesterday.  Going to rest until this weekend as something wonky is going on with my knee....been having some pain on the lower outside off and on since last week.  It's not bad, but don't want it to get worse, so will see if some stretching and rest will help.

kettledrum

double post

Morning!  I have 5 recovery miles and weights tonight.

Steph, did you do anything fun on NYE?

5 miles done for today too.  Yoga tonight!

I did do something fun on NYE.  I got all dressed up, went out for Indian food with a few of my friends, and then we went to a dueling piano bar.  I posted a pic on my facebook wall of the dress I wore.  Did you do anything fun?

Steph 

“I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” John Burroughs

Docket_Rocket

No.  I was in bed by midnight.  I spent most of the afternoon and night looking for a lost kitty (this time my neighbor) so I guess I did something, but it sure was not fun.

5 miles done for today too.  Yoga tonight!

I did do something fun on NYE.  I got all dressed up, went out for Indian food with a few of my friends, and then we went to a dueling piano bar.  I posted a pic on my facebook wall of the dress I wore.  Did you do anything fun?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  How are you?  Keeping this thread alive for kettledrum (FB, kettle!).  My 5 miles went badly because of the allergy shot and the huge reaction I got.

Today, I'll try 9.  With a swollen and itchy arm.  Woohoo.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kettledrum

Hi, thanks for thinking of me :-)  Sorry to hear of your adverse reaction to your allergy shot.   Do you get regular allergy shots?  Did something just not go well with this one?

I'm still hoping a few days of rest helps my knee - will see how it feels tomorrow.   Will be my first outdoor run since the 24th - have been running on the TM because of the snow and no appropriate footwear.

Docket_Rocket

I get weekly allergy shots until I get high enough to go biweekly or monthly.  This is the second time I've gotten a bad reaction (although this one was the highest reaction I've gotten).  I am lethally allergic to dustmites and this dose was higher than last week's so it happens.  Although I don't think the doctor has seen anybody as bad as me.

Hi, thanks for thinking of me :-)  Sorry to hear of your adverse reaction to your allergy shot.   Do you get regular allergy shots?  Did something just not go well with this one?

I'm still hoping a few days of rest helps my knee - will see how it feels tomorrow.   Will be my first outdoor run since the 24th - have been running on the TM because of the snow and no appropriate footwear.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

tracilynn

Hey FCers

I did easy 3 last night.  Today SRD.  trying to get over a cold and my left shin is nagging me again.  Dead

Docket, hope your arm is better!

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

It is an itchy mother but getting there.  I took pictures to show the doctor.  I was just looking at it.  Wow.  I still have areas that hurt.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

toyger

Morning Fasties. I got in 3000 yards in the pool this morning with my masters team. It's a rest day for running, but I'm hoping for an extra couple of miles on the road later tonight.

Jen

Not a run day for me as well.  I did weights and swam - I'm not that great in the pool so I don't count distance like Jen but I was in the pool for about 45 minutes.

toyger

Hello Fasties! I got in 3000 meters in the pool followed by 5.75 miles and weights. We started a 5-week stroke clinic as part of my masters swim team. We were videotaped under water. Kind of neat!

Posted 25.5 miles for the week.

Jen

Docket_Rocket

Hi!  Woke up with a migraine and nausea.  I'm still going to do my 9 with 4 @ HMP tonight.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

kettledrum

Toyger, being videoed underwater does sound pretty cool.

Docket, Hope your 9 goes okay tonight!

Resting earlier in the week didn't seem to help my knee out yesterday as it was sore off and on during my 6 I did outside yesterday.  I did just 3 today on the TM and that wasn't that bad at all though.

toyger

kettledrum, glad the knee felt better on the TM. Hopefully, it holds up the next time you're outside.

Rest day here. Happy Monday!

Jen