Beginners and Beyond

A new day dawns Sundailies. (Read 437 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD! 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up and stay awhile (not literally)! And whoever’s up first is welcome to start the thread (and we definitely keep some weird hours around here

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Heading out to the trail for an easy 10.  And I LOvE our new place.  So clean and neat and tidy.  

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Dailies!

I tanked my 5K yesterday . Average pace was my half marathon speed. Maybe I'll get the nerve to post a RR.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Luke79

Heading out for I think 6 miles on the trails with a friend. 

Not to beat a dead horse, but I really like this new place.  We have sigs, the avatars are bigger, there's no SPAM...and you can cuss! (Fuck yes)

Have a great day guys Smile

Luke

EasyMiles

Morning Dailies, 

10K for me this morning, with w/u and c/d it should be around 10 total.  It is race 2/6 in a Winter Running Series and going with a group of friends always makes it a fun time.

Adam

not lazy, just tired

Morning All. I like it here. 

Skiing this morning. Does that count as cross training? Maybe running a bit later, but might be spending some time with the boot fitter, so maybe not.

Not if it makes sense.

Good morning, dailiers! 13.0 miles, weights, and abs are the plan for today.
                StepbyStep-SH

Good morning, folks! I did brave the BF to bump up the 2012in2012 posting thread. Anyone want to bet how long it takes for it to be knocked off page 1 by spam?

Just 3 or 4 miles planned this morning, nice and easy.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Good morning, guys!  Looked for the dailies on RW but couldn't find one.  If there's no dailies thread, you know the hordes have vacated.

SRD for me today.  Sad that this is the last day of our four day weekend!  Sad face.

Had some unpleasant excitement here yesterday.  We live in a quiet neighborhood except for some people down the road who speed up and down the road sometimes.  Yesterday they were doing their thing and the 20-year-old driver lost control of the car and slammed sideways into the tree in our front yard, going fast.  They had to be cut out of their car.  As far as I know, they will be ok, though the front passenger had a head injury.  Not sure about the other two.  They hit a smaller tree as well, and that one is gone.  Their rear windshield and a head rest ended up on the far side of our yard and glass from their windows hit our front door.  Our whole yard is full of glass.  It's a mess.  Our 6 kids play out there all the time; thanking God that he had them all inside eating lunch when it happened. We have friends who lost their 10-year-old when she was hit by a car a couple of years ago so it was so on my mind that I don't know why my kids were protected yesterday.  But I was so thankful to be able to tuck all of my kids safely into bed last night.  That day could have ended very differently.  And I just have to say, our town's PD and FD are awesome.  What a great group of guys.  And after the other rescue vehicles had packed up and left, the FD captain and a couple of firemen gave my kids and some neighbor kids a tour of the fire engine and let them try on some of their equipment.  They were awesome.  Really helped deflate some of the scariness of the afternoon.

Anyway, hope you guys have a good day.  Catch you later!

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Hello dailies:

Kristin - Shocked Glad you and your family are OK!

Yesterday was a very conservative 7 miles at 8:46 pace, babying the minor hurt that I aggravated on Thurs. 

My leg didn't fall off, so I'm going to attempt my scheduled LR at extra-easy pace.  No reason to push my luck, with no goal races upcoming and 2 weeks until my next Pfitz plan begins.

Jess runs for bacon

Gustav, did you do the Turkey Trot? I was super bummed with my result too. Too many people!

Kristin, holy crap! I'm so glad your kids were inside! Don't let them play out there for a while until you know the glass is cleaned up.

SRD for me today, but I'm in the running streak so it'll be an easy one mile for me today.

Shakedown Street

15 slow today with a couple race pace miles thrown in, hanging xmas lights, riding bike...

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

B-Plus

Hello all. I've had my log here for many years, but this is my first post.

Kristin - I'm glad you and your family are ok.

I ran 7.87 miles at 7:38 this morning. I don't know if I had extra spring in my step because of the change in scenery, or if my gps was just off. Either way, it was a great run up to Minoo Park with some great fall colors. Then I went to a beautiful wedding with perfect clear skies. I didn't get a chance to check out the Osaka Marathon.

If Im not hungover tomorrow, I'll get some miles in again.

runmomto3boys

Kristin: I know I talked to you on FB about it, but what absolute madness outside your house.  I can't believe the pic of the chaos.  I am so grateful your kiddos were not outside at the moment: thank GOODNESS!!!

Jay: Smart move re: the leg.  I'm glad it's feeling loads better, though.  It looks like you and I are on the same schedule (or close to it) again.  I start Pfitz on 12/10. 

Gustav: Awww, man: I'm sorry to hear about the rough 5K.  Arrrgh!  Such a bummer.

Vwaldo: I hope the 10 miler goes well today.  I'm with you: it's a nice site, no doubt!

Luke: Have a great job on the 6 on trails today.  I agree that the site is pretty sweet, all in all!

Adam: Good luck on your 10K race this AM!  I can't wait to hear how it goes.  I hope you kill it!

Stupid Lazy Dog: It completely counts as cross-training in my book!  Enjoy the skiing and potentially the run, later on!

Basya: Ohhhh, nice ole run on tap today!  13 miles + weights/stuff is a pretty big day!

Shari: I hope the 3-4 easy miles go well.  The spam is ridiculous, you are right.

Lilac: Enjoy your short little run to keep up the streak.  Are you just doing a streak yourself, or are you in a group or something that is streaking?  I only ask b/c I know Flippy is too. 

I am shooting for 17-20 today, but we'll see.  If I run 20, I will have run 50 miles in about 48 hours, which is kind of nutso, even by my standards.  I had planned on back loading my miles this week b/c DH is around, but not to this extent. I ran a hard tempo, which caused me to bail part-way into Thursday's run and then I made up the miles on Friday with a double.  Anyhow, I'll just see how I feel...

Misty

Hey everyone!! Had to take a URD yesterday, sick again Sad. Goal HM is Saturday and I've got to get better. With the wheels falling off my training these last several weeks, I've all but thrown my goal time out the window.  My original goal was sub 1:50; now I'll start out at that pace but if I'm feeling bad and just can't do it I'll have to be happy with sub 1:55.

I'm feeling a little better today, I may try to do a few miles later and see what's up Smile.

Misty

Bless your heart.