Beginners and Beyond

Another Boston Story (Read 107 times)

I don't know about you, but I've been very intrigued by the stories of those runners who were in Boston. Perhaps it's because it's an experience I'll probably never have, coupled with such a terrible tragedy. Anyway, here's a link to a local Indiana runner's account, if you're interested.

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

A very good read. Thanks for sharing.

- Andrew

GinnyinPA

That was a good article.  Thank you.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Thank you for sharing.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

This is how my mind works.........

As we learn more about these young men, their lives raise more questions than offer answers. Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the younger brother, had plenty of friends, had earned a scholarship to college, was polite, responsible, a good student, a talented athlete and liked Jay-Z, skateboarding and basketball. From the outside, he and his family represent the American dream — immigrants who fled a war-torn country to come to the United States seeking a better life. Theirs is a story we ordinarily celebrate.

How can you enjoy the fruits of the land you've come to destroy and feel no guilt? (Is JayZ any different than any other American scum?)

How can you genuinely take an interest in someone else's day to day life and not care enough to NOT do something like this?

I've heard before that American tactics against terrorism will often be to let the infiltrators enjoy the freedoms they witness in this country in the hopes that it will change their way of thinking. (Thus the open borders policies that still exist, or at least that being 1 of the reasons for such). And that when they realize this is the greatest country in the world they will assimilate if only by selfish admission.

I am probably very naive In thinking that maybe they have a point. (That lure wasn't strong enough to stop this event)

Maybe Dzhokhar didn't take pleasure in anything at all?  Or maybe he did and still just didn't care?

I suppose Hitler came off as likewise interested to the world, eh?

Randy