Beginners and Beyond

Penguins Raspberry Tart SUNdaily (Read 25 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!) Big grin

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Happy National  Raspberry Tart Day!!  Running later this morning when it gets to 70.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  6 miles of running FE with RunDoody from the RW MCM forums.  We had a great time.

Damaris

Bin Running

Not a good day. Woke up at 5am for the race but am greeted by heavy rain. Still made my way to the race ground bro be told that the race is cancelled. Just cancelled w/o any make-up date.

Met up with 2 friends and the only thing we can do is to go for breakfast. Came back sleepy and nap a little. Spent lunch with DW and DS at ikea. Went to the pool for a dip in the evening and I have no time for a run.

Gonna try to squeeze in a 18miler tmr. Finger crossed.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

tracilynn

That sucks about your race Bin!  Sounds like you made the best of it later but still sucks. 18 miles that's big. Good luck tomorrow.

jerry, you and your 70 degrees!  Must be nice!

damaris, glad you  enjoyed your FE.  what did he/she think of the heat?

I woke up and did 6 miles this morning.  Walked another mile.  I overslept til about 7 so it was a little hot. About to drink some coffee!!!Big grin

~~~~~~~

Traci

hog4life

Jerry, it was 70 when I woke up. You should move south, lol.

Traci, great job on the miles. When do you think you will race? Liz Hurley? I think I will pull the plug on Huntsville Half before the price increase.

Damaris, nice miles with the FE.

Bin, totally sucks about the race being cancelled.

I did 5.2 miles last night and 4 this morning. Two of the ladies I've been running with are using the Hanson plan. One is doing NYC, the other is doing St Jude. I hope to run with them again tomorrow morning.

I just finished coffee and oatmeal, and now heading off to church. Have a great day my Penguin friends.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Nice FE run,  D.

Hope you at least had a good breakfast, Bin.

Late run for you Traci?

Nice run with the ladies, Mitch.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

She mentioned the humidity quite a lot.  It was bad this morning.

That sucks about your race Bin!  Sounds like you made the best of it later but still sucks. 18 miles that's big. Good luck tomorrow.

jerry, you and your 70 degrees!  Must be nice!

damaris, glad you  enjoyed your FE.  what did he/she think of the heat?

I woke up and did 6 miles this morning.  Walked another mile.  I overslept til about 7 so it was a little hot. About to drink some coffee!!!Big grin

Damaris

tracilynn

Mitch, sounds like your PF is behaving and you are getting some good miles in.  Im still kinda scared to register for a race, afraid it will jinx me.  Ha.  I do have my eye on the 15k up on Monte Sano Oct. 12.  If everything looks good I will register for that last minute.  I would love to do the HSV half but I just wont be ready for that I dont think.

~~~~~~~

Traci

hog4life

Mitch, sounds like your PF is behaving and you are getting some good miles in.  Im still kinda scared to register for a race, afraid it will jinx me.  Ha.  I do have my eye on the 15k up on Monte Sano Oct. 12.  If everything looks good I will register for that last minute.  I would love to do the HSV half but I just wont be ready for that I dont think.

Traci, I loved that 15k, it's been several years and I need redemption. Don't blame you bout the last minute registration, I'm beginning to think I should take that approach. Keep me posted, would like to have lunch with you and Jonathan, and kids sometime.

From the Internet.

Morning pens! Rest day for me. Lots of foam rolling, coffee, writing and baking planned for the day Smile

Jerry - I would be jealous of your weather but ours hasn't been bad lately either. Ran way later than usual yesterday (8 AM!) and it was OK - maybe 75ish and sunny.

Bin - that's so disappointing! :c Hope you can fit in your 18 tomorrow.

Traci - nice job on the 6! Haha I know what you mean about not wanting to jinx anything registering for a race... I'm probably going to try to outsmart my legs and just register the day of the 5K I'm planning to run, the proceeds go to the charity that my club is affiliated with so I can deal with throwing an extra $5 their way.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

15.1 sweaty miles done this morning, dewpoint of 76*, fun stuff, my shoes were squishing by mile 6.  Saw a friend from my local running club out there, she finished before me and picked us up some iced coffee, perfect post run drink! Smile

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Did my 46th 5K on Saturday.  Link and report:   http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/2111d0eb922841f6a6af4ccf504bff8c/resume#focus

Sunday, I was up at 6:30 a.m., down at Fort Sam Houston by 7 a.m. and did 3.6 miles easy.  Even at 7 a.m., it was hot, already 80 degrees.  Sweat sweat sweat!  Never-the-less, I actually ran at a faster pace today than I did for my race yesterday, go figure.  I think yesterday, I was a bit dehydrated for the race, did not drink enough water before the start.  Today before I ran I made sure I hydrated well.  That might have made the difference.  Also, I don't stop on my training runs to take photos either.   Joking  Anyway, nice run this morning, in spite of the warmth, felt pretty strong out there.

Funny you should mention raspberry tart, Jerry. I enjoyed a raspberry ice cream bar after my race yesterday.  It went down really well with the post-race beer I had. Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Got 4 miles in yesterday evening about about to do 9-10. Hoping that my knee followed by my crazy work week were just little bumps in the road of my training and not a total derailment....

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

Bin: Too bad about the race. Sad

Traci: What kind of compression socks do you use?

10.3 miles for me at an 8:35 pace.

Have a good day, Pens. Smile