Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: It's Gonna Be A Stone Gas Honey! (Read 67 times)

LRB

Big grin WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD! Big grin

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RWOL). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

LRB

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, LRB!

Coffee in hand - time to engage my brain and get some work done. Later, 9 miles w/3x10 minutes at 10k pace, followed by a strength training class.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Good morning, everyone!

I'm on my way to the gym to do weights, push-ups, ab work, and cardio.

flarunner

Mornin' Chicklets!

Surrey Down! Stone cold picnic!

Did 5 miles this morning. I really am thankful I'm able to run, it felt pretty good.

Have a great workout and a fantastic day everyone!

BruceD555

LRB- Mornin' and thanks for getting us started today.

StepbyStep-SH- You beat me to the coffee, no fair!  Sounds like you've got a solid 9 mile workout planned today.

BasyaSpiliakos- I hope you have a good workout at the gym and a fantastic day! How are the legs feeling after the marathon?

flarunner- Good morning and I hope your 5 miles were wonderful.

Uggghh ... I seriously need coffee today. I just finished an early AM 6 recovery miles and the legs were still sluggish after last night's 15 miler.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Weezer88

Y-A-W-N-N-N-N-N!  Is it the weekend yet?

Morning LRB, Shari, Basya, flarunner and Bruce.  Another forced SRD for me but will do some crosstraining later tonight.

Be well everyone!

I AM WEEZER.

delicate flower

What u say there, Johnny Internet!  Happy Thursday!  Back to work again after calling in sick yesterday.  I don't know what happened but that sickness went away as quickly as it hit.  I really thought I had caught the flu.  *bullet dodged*

I am finally done with my knee meds and leg brace.  Things are returning to normal for me.  'Bout time.  PT appointment this afternoon, and I'm now at the stage of rehab where I leave the PT office feeling worked.  I like that.  Big grin

Have a great day!

<3

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

With the forecast of wet snow accumulation in the overnight and continued snowy and windy conditions all morning I thought for sure dreadmill it would be. But when I woke up there was NO accumulation, ice on the roads, slush, nothing. Forecast was windchill of 21 or 13 depending on which site I looked at, and 0% or 50% chance of snow depending on the site. I can deal with that so i put on my water and wind proof jacket, an extra warm headband over my tech material headband/ear warmer, and out I went. Of course it started snowing as soon as I stepped out the door lol! It was pretty, snow-globe snow though. City was quiet, not a soul in sight. I enjoyed my run a lot. Til the winds really picked up when I was on the jogging path by the water. WOW! I was literally almost moving backwards. Felt like a treadmill. And when snowflakes pelt you in the eye at 30+ mph…owww! Honestly though I was smiling and laughing the whole time.

2.5 snowy, windy miles, done.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Morning all!

LRB, I know you used to dance along to the Train!

Step, have a good run & class, how do you have time to do anything else?

Basya, you are a machine!

Fla, way to get the early miles in.

Bruce, I think you felt that way because it was actually like doing a 21-miler, with a short break in the middle. Sort of like what baseball players complain about when they have a day game after a night game.

Weezer, you look just like Buddy Holly; have a good cross train.

Baboon, sounds like a 24-hour deal, you dodged a bullet like you were in the Matrix.

Day 2 of my return to running, this time plan to do one outside at lunchtime, probably still keep it to 4 & see how it feels.

Have a great day everyone!

Dave

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning! Just a easy 4+ miles for me this morning with HM on Sat. RD yesterday especially with that "snow" we got. Work was closed due to it which I found comical. PA don't know how to deal with snow for sure.

Great runs everyone.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

StepbyStep-SH

Morning all!

LRB, I know you used to dance along to the Train!

Step, have a good run & class, how do you have time to do anything else?

Basya, you are a machine!

Fla, way to get the early miles in.

Bruce, I think you felt that way because it was actually like doing a 21-miler, with a short break in the middle. Sort of like what baseball players complain about when they have a day game after a night game.

Weezer, you look just like Buddy Holly; have a good cross train.

Baboon, sounds like a 24-hour deal, you dodged a bullet like you were in the Matrix.

Day 2 of my return to running, this time plan to do one outside at lunchtime, probably still keep it to 4 & see how it feels.

Have a great day everyone!

I'm a stay-at-home mom to a first grader (he's gone all day!) and just work very part-time from home freelance writing. Basically, I don't do anything else. Smile

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Rick, thank you for making me laugh every day.

Shari, enjoy the mine miles and the strength training.

flarunner, I'm consistently amazed by how you run five or more miles every morning before work, without fail.

BruceD555, bravo having run the six miles already. My legs feel fine. Hitting the pavement again last night felt amazing.

Weezer88, what happened? Why another forced SRD?

Phil, I'm glad that you're feeling better today. Good luck with PT.

kristin10185, I'm glad that your snow-flecked 2.5 were a pleasure.

DaveP MI, I hope that your four-miler goes well.

jedigunnie26.2, I hope that your easy four miles are great.

Weights, push-ups, ab work, and forty-five minutes on the ArcTrainer are done . I'm on my way to work. While it's great to be back with the kids, whom I missed terribly, I miss Israel.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Basya are you a teacher?

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Morning all.

5.8 recovery pace done and I may be adding 3-4 more tonight.