Beginners and Beyond

Morning after MONDAILIES (Read 56 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I am at work and cannot link videos but here is a couple of the ones that get into that ass right now!

For these, you feel the stretch as you bend.  The table or whatever it is you use has to be low enough so you are comfortable and not straining.  For instance I can do them on a desk or table, but not on say a washing machine, but the fact that I can do it with either leg literally blew my mind!  

If you do a google image or video search you will find these and a ton more.  There are a few where you lay on your back and pull your leg across your body, but those did nothing to alleviate the pain for me.

These are really good stretches too, that LRB has here.  However, a caveat:  IF you have any kind of back problem, for the sitting down one, it is better to do the 'pull-knee-toward-chest" thing instead of bending.  I have a really screwed up back, which is why, when I gave my info to Pinktastic, I described that method, cuz my PT gave me that method because of my back problems, since one of my specific problems is bending the back (my stupid facet joints don't work right).

As ever, of course, if you do have any kind of physical limitations, always check with your own doc/PT to determine what may be right (or wrong) for you individually.  Stretching the wrong way can cause even more problems....as I learned the hard way by being an idiot.  Don't be an idiot like me!  Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Pinktastic

LRB - I just tried those too.   Not sure how many I should do at first, but holy cow!  Between these 2 and the one Scotty sent, I'll have a whole new a$$ before long!!

Thanks to all of you for the support!!   As I've always known, y'all ROCK!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

runmomto3boys

He's right...You are "wicked" fast girl! Smile

Awwww, thanks, Dave!!  You've been killing it yourself as of late!

flarunner

Kay, I need to get to know walking lunges this year.  They are great for balance.

I have a couple of great variations on these that really add some 'spice'.

Ball of Fury

So got home from work and headed out for my easy 4.  It was snowing when I left but not too bad and actually much warmer than the last few days.  Still had to run on the road because the sidewalks are not clear but figured I would just stay in my neighborhood so no biggie.  Well, by mile 2, it started SNOWING.  I could barely see and the roads were getting slick.  When the cars started sliding trying to avoid me, decided to call it a day.  3 miles @ 9:52/mile.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

LRB

I have a couple of great variations on these that really add some 'spice'.

Spice is nice.  Ready when you are babe!

Mostly harmless

So got home from work and headed out for my easy 4.  It was snowing when I left but not too bad and actually much warmer than the last few days.  Still had to run on the road because the sidewalks are not clear but figured I would just stay in my neighborhood so no biggie.  Well, by mile 2, it started SNOWING.  I could barely see and the roads were getting slick.  When the cars started sliding trying to avoid me, decided to call it a day.  3 miles @ 9:52/mile.

Wise move! Glad you played it safe!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Docket_Rocket

4 miles and weights done.

Work exploded in the afternoon.  Can I go on vacation now????????????

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BruceD555

I almost kept to my plan tonight ... indoor track run, 5 miles, nice easy 8:50ish pace.

Result ... indoor track run, 5 miles, 7:38 pace ... stupid UW track team running drills

Train smart ... race smarter.

runmomto3boys

I almost kept to my plan tonight ... indoor track run, 5 miles, nice easy 8:50ish pace.

Result ... indoor track run, 5 miles, 7:38 pace ... stupid UW track team running drills

Why don't you ever go to the Pettit???  For some reason I thought you were in Madison, not Milwaukee.  Wait - where are you?  Are you talking about Madison or UWM????  If you are near Milwaukee, why aren't we running together????

Recovery run (*cough, cough*) done: 8.2 at 7:59 pace.  I'm liking seeing all these 7Tight lippedx splits as of late.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Got my 5 miles in tonight, ran at the park right in front of our State Hospital, basically for mentally ill. I don't know if I will do that again (alone), I ran past 2 people who did not wave and one looked at me extremely strangely.... Joking actually it wasn't all that bad, the most dangerous things there were the ducks at the lake.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

jedigunnie26.2, what a great 4.2 today. I hope that the rest if your race training goes smoothly.

Robert, I hope that you've been enjoying your SRD.

lilac_jive, how did your post-work run go?

Heidi, excellent eight-miler.

I'mNotScott, that hilly run went amazingly!

c0derunner, enjoy your workout(s).

Shari, I hope that you had fun running outdoors.

Zelanie, rock those intervals.

robinde, great job getting out there and running.

Ouch, scrape.. A speedy and complete recovery to you.

FreeSoul87, I'm glad that you had a wonderful easy run.

Fuzzy, have a refreshing recovery run.

Ow, Sarah! Have a healing rest day.

Scott, have fun working with the trainer.

Tom, sweet run.

B-Plus, enjoy whatever you do.

SIAR, great job getting through ten miles on the TM.

PineGroveDave, I think that that would be a recovery run, yes.

Luke, I hope that you're enjoying your well-earned SRD.

Kay, nice workouts.

scottydawg, I hope that weights went well.

Shari, that sounds beautiful. I'm happy that you had a pleasant nine-miler.

rkymtnanna, great run, great pace.

BruceD555, excellent easy five-miler.

AmiK, I'm happy that you stayed safe.

Damaris, great job with weights and abs.

I did push-ups and ran four recovery miles on the TM after work at 5.2mph (11:32) and a 2.0 incline.

I'm tempted to skip ab work tonight and double it tomorrow.

Hi Dailies:

Baboon - good luck tomorrow, I hope the downtime flies by for you

Lily - should be fun, Greg will surely be jealous.

Tom - Yes.  Nobody goes outside on a sunny, 70 degree day and thinks "oh, good football weather".

scrape.- hope it's nothing serious

Sarah - yikes

NotScott - nice hills

Heidi - good recovery run, I see nothing wrong with being around 8:00 when you've been running as fast as you have been lately.

FreeSoul - next time, bark at them like a dog and see what happens Smile

9.8 today on a quest for bare pavement.  I managed to get onto some of it for probably 3-4 miles (busy, highly salted roads) and ran hard whenever possible, 7:24 pace overall.  I may have to join a gym and hit the TM if this streak of unsatisfactory weather continues, I'm worried that it's really a damper on the workouts that I should be doing.

B-Plus

BruceD555

Why don't you ever go to the Pettit???  For some reason I thought you were in Madison, not Milwaukee.  Wait - where are you?  Are you talking about Madison or UWM????  If you are near Milwaukee, why aren't we running together????

Recovery run (*cough, cough*) done: 8.2 at 7:59 pace.  I'm liking seeing all these 7Tight lippedx splits as of late.

I am in Madison so the track is at the Shell (by Camp Randall) ... it was UW Badgers working out. They were practicing starts from the blocks and some short intervals. I kept watching them on each loop and completely lost track of my pace. I'd love to run at Pettit but that'd be too far to drive ... and besides I only think I'd be able to hang with you on your recovery runs.

Train smart ... race smarter.