Beginners and Beyond

Shake your groove thing Wednesdailies (Read 40 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

You know you want to.

Marjorie

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Heading out for 10 miles now.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

SRD.

Dave

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Was out early for 10.2. Now to my first center if the day.

Marjorie

Cyberic

I'm not too sure what a half-marathon taper is supposed to be like, but for the first week of the 3 weeks taper I'm improvising, I'm just cutting back on total distance, but keeping my 3 quality workouts.

The next two  weeks, I'll only do one quality in the middle of the week, and one one the weekend, the last of those being the event, while still tapering on the mileage. I think it makes sense. Last year I was afraid my hips would not let me finish, so one month going into the race I stopped all kind of speed and cut back on distance also. One race day, I was 100% healthy.

delicate flower

Good morning and all that crap!    I've got big plans today:  Work, haircut, run.  My legs feel unusually good right now.  I see several reasons for that.  First, my LR Saturday went slow because of heat and humidity, thus my legs didn't get taxed.  Second, I took Sunday off.  Third, I have not gone particularly long or hard (twss) yet this week.   So, as long as I don't do anything stupid the next few days, I should be ready to rock for my HM Saturday.  I've got 7 easy on tap today.

I'm not too sure what a half-marathon taper is

Me neither.

<3

Work, haircut, run.  

I just got one yesterday. Imagine how much time I could've shaved off if I got it before my race.

Dave

Me neither.

+1 on this too. 2-3 days worked for me.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  My intervals left my lungs coughing and congested.  And that's why I cannot do speedwork often.  Hope my lungs didn't get fucked up for Sunday.  In any event, 4 miles and weights tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

What's this taper you speak of...

18 miles sometime today.  Looking at my schedule, it appears that I might start it at 9pm... Joy.

DR

Take care of those lungs.  I get cold weather exercise induced after hard workouts that leave me hacking for a bit. Sucks but that's only for 10-30 minuets after.  I can't imagine dealing with that for a day or more after.

Zelanie

Morning!  RD for me today.  I could definitely feel the fatigue in my legs last night compared to when I did the same workout two weeks ago.  4 more runs until I have hit peak mileage.  I can do it!  But I can feel the fatigue catching up.  I'm thinking about adjusting Thursday's GMP run to 10 sec slower and seeing what that feels like.  If I can run more consistently, that will be a good thing.

I was reading my Hanson's book right before bed, so apparently I was thinking about it when I went to sleep.  When I woke up when DH came to bed, I looked at the clock and thought, "My warmup is done, it's almost time to start my tempo sleep."   Apparently to my sleepy brain, that's where you sleep for a long stretch at a time without waking up.

In other news, I hit 1500 miles for the year yesterday, which means that early next week, I should pass last year's total.

Marjorie- Nice morning miles!

FreeSoul- Hope your 10 miler goes well!

Dave- Enjoy the RD, and good luck getting back to quality work tomorrow.

Eric- IMHO (that's an old one, do you know it?), 3 weeks would be too much for a HM.  There are even people who argue that it's too much for a marathon.  You don't want to lose any sharpness.  If you have the time, it might make sense to keep the volume this week.

Phil- Sounds like you are into full-robot recovery mode!

D- Hoping you feel better for your run later.

Sly- Good luck with the super late run!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning!  RD for me today.  I could definitely feel the fatigue in my legs last night compared to when I did the same workout two weeks ago.  4 more runs until I have hit peak mileage.  I can do it!  But I can feel the fatigue catching up.  I'm thinking about adjusting Thursday's GMP run to 10 sec slower and seeing what that feels like.  If I can run more consistently, that will be a good thing.

I was reading my Hanson's book right before bed, so apparently I was thinking about it when I went to sleep.  When I woke up when DH came to bed, I looked at the clock and thought, "My warmup is done, it's almost time to start my tempo sleep."   Apparently to my sleepy brain, that's where you sleep for a long stretch at a time without waking up.

In other news, I hit 1500 miles for the year yesterday, which means that early next week, I should pass last year's total.

FreeSoul- Hope your 10 miler goes well!

Lol, did he hear you talking crazy? My DH loves letting me know when I talk in my sleep, apparently my sisters and brother love reminding me of things I said and did in my sleep when we were kids. I actually have a slight disorder known as REM sleep behavior disorder - normal people experience paralysis during REM sleep so they don't act out their dreams, but for people like me, that paralysis doesn't happen sometimes. I've actually ran out of bed in my sleep, 6 times since being with my hubby - I actually once ran across his neck... with my foot stomping him right in the throat, he was really pissed off about it. Luckily I haven't had any incidences while Dorian sleeps with us.

Congrats on hitting 1500 for the year (yesterday)! So far I am actually only at 1,192.4 miles for 2014..... and I have no idea where I was last year around this time.

The 10 miles went pretty good, Rocky wasn't pleased with the 10 degree difference from yesterday morning. 72 degrees wasn't bad but having to wear capris sucks in temps above 60.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Zelanie

So far I am actually only at 1,192.4 miles for 2014..... and I have no idea where I was last year around this time.

I don't keep track of that stuff either, but my log does.  I checked yours, and it looks like you rain 1178.8 miles last year- so did you just pass last year's total this week? Smile

outoftheblue

Good morning!  It's going to be a busy day.  One of DH best friends is coming tomorrow to spend the weekend, so I got some cleaning and cooking to do.  Plus, DH decided to schedule a horseback riding lesson today for us. I'm looking forward to it, but the horse ranch is about a hour away, so it's going to take a big chunk of the day.  Supposed to squeeze in 8 miles in as well.

Have a great one, everybody!

Life is good.

B-Plus

Zel - It sounds like you're doing it right!

I'm about to be $225 poorer. After work, 6 miles then one of those rare weeknight whitecaps games.