Beginners and Beyond

Good afternoon Saturday Penguins (Read 19 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Is there really no Penguin thread yet? Am I missing it staring me in the face??

I'm on my phone and can't copy paste in the forums so..... penguins run slow. But sometimes fast. Post your stuff.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Unexpectedly in MD visiting the BF this weekend. He was supposed to have to work all weekend on this huge brief his office had due Tuesday but the judge granted an extension yesterday morning so I came down. It was too late last night to do anything Valentines-y....we watched Olympics and then went to bed.....but still nice to be here.

Snow in MD is worse than NYC. They got like a foot and a half yesterday. No sidewalks or running paths have been shoveled or plowed. Micro spikes don't help me in 15+ inches so I guess both my runs will be on the TM if he can sneak me into the gym. Grrrrrrrr. Headed over for my 2.5 mile. 5 miles tomorrow. Unless I feel like going for 5 today. Which I won't. Lol.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

Speaking of Penguins, I am seriously hoping today's run in 9 degrees, -3 windchill will be the last I see of that crap for awhile!

Stay cool Peeps! 

SheCan

Hi Kristin and LRB!

Kristin, so glad you get to visit your BF!  You've so needed this!  Have fun, and good luck getting your miles in.  Ugh@ all that snow.

LRB-- I guess you'll stay cool!  I'm gonna try to--- I'm wearing shorts, and it's supposed to get almost to 90* in Phx area (okay 87*)  Wish you and krisitn could run here instead!

Just trying to pack my bags to head to Phx.  Stressing a little because I put no thought into it until just now and DH is telling me to HURRY!  Gotta go!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

GinnyinPA

Kristin - I'm glad you got to spend time with your BF.  Good luck on the TM runs.

Cherie - good luck and have fun tomorrow.

LRB - Yikes.  That's too cold for me.  I also hope it's the last of the really cold weather.  Accuweather says yes, but they are more often wrong than right on the long term forecasts.

AFM:  It was snowing when we got up, so I ate a leisurely banana/blueberry/applesauce pancakes breakfast that DH prepared, then we went out with the dog for his walk, then shoveled two more inches off the driveway.  I hope to get in a few miles on the TM later.

Damaris - I'm glad you're home.  I hope you're not in too much pain.  Did the doctor say how long it will take before you can ride/run?

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys. I'm home!

Doctor said no running or biking for 4 weeks.  He is going to let me walk after Week 2 with the goal of walking two miles before I start jogging.  He said jogging. 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Wish you and krisitn could run here instead!

That would be a blast, now get packed would ya!

My thoughts exactly Ginny.  For all we know, the 37 degrees we are expecting Tuesday could come with 36 inches of snow!  lol

My doc calls me a jogger as well D.  lol  I have never made an attempt to say anything about it because that is exactly what we are to non-runners and I am cool with that.

Enjoy the short trot Kris!

Zelanie

Cheri- Hope you packed your running shoes!  You've still got a couple weeks before your marathon, right?

Ginny- Yes, we are cooking the entire dinner for the team.  Part 1- cookies- was last night.  Sounds like you had a lovely morning!

Kristin- Glad you are getting to spend the weekend with your boyfriend, and glad you made it there safely too!

LRB- Welcome to the igloo!

me- We were up and out early to drop DD off for her robotics scrimmage.  This year, the robot drives around and launches yoga balls through high goals, and then scoops the ball back up.  I got a nice little 4-mile recovery run done on 50-degree rain.  The path flooded between when I went out and when I came back- good thing it wasn't a long run!  Now time to make a bunch of lasagnas.