Beginners and Beyond

Obligatory Friday Meltdown Thread (or: Kay goes 3/3 for her February Goals) (Read 292 times)

Better I Leave

Anyone wanna see me sporting my new InknBurn tech tanks? Wink

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

Anyone wanna see me sporting my new InknBurn tech tanks? Wink

I think you first need permission from SRL, MJ5. Then, Allie. Then, God. Then, your boss. Then, the other guys around here. You DON'T want to offend any of these people! That's the way I understand it now. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Okie dokie. If you wish to join my group, please PM  me to let me know Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

xor

Oh for fuck's sake.

If you guys ever want new folks to actually show up here, and especially to talk running stuff, you really need to take a step back and analyze the complete bullshitery and "ain't we awesome" vibe in this thread.

Or do the opposite and let this thread sink.  It's toxic, on a few different levels.

PS, pretending to be a person of color specifically to troll people into subjective acts of racism and calling them out for it, that's some twisted bullshit.  It isn't funny, it isn't useful, it isn't helpful for running... just creepy.

As for the 24x7 sex, hmm.  I've made my own share of double entendre comments.  And showing up in threads to make inappropriate jokes.  So perhaps I shouldn't have an opinion.  But this thread felt icky, like, 10 pages ago.

I'm gonna take a shower.  See (a few of) yall around.

happylily

Oh, Oh... we'd better hide, now.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

If I was at home right now, I would take a shot of tequila. I wonder if I can post a pic of my shot glass.............

PRs

happylily

SRL, I edited my permission post in your honor. I hope you're doing better, really.

flarunner

Nice to see you, although not the best of circumstances. Hope you're feeling well. Oh, and Ilene was looking for you.

Oh for fuck's sake.

If you guys ever want new folks to actually show up here, and especially to talk running stuff, you really need to take a step back and analyze the complete bullshitery and "ain't we awesome" vibe in this thread.

Or do the opposite and let this thread sink.  It's toxic, on a few different levels.

PS, pretending to be a person of color specifically to troll people into subjective acts of racism and calling them out for it, that's some twisted bullshit.  It isn't funny, it isn't useful, it isn't helpful for running... just creepy.

As for the 24x7 sex, hmm.  I've made my own share of double entendre comments.  And showing up in threads to make inappropriate jokes.  So perhaps I shouldn't have an opinion.  But this thread felt icky, like, 10 pages ago.

I'm gonna take a shower.  See (a few of) yall around.

xor

She found me.  thanks.

MrNamtor

First of all welcome back, you're still the same kind of dick you were before you left.

Secondly, that's not what happened, I did not go on to specifically troll people, i came on as a serious poster,  I had an avatar that was not my own picture, but as I said it was a famous heroin dealer from the 1970s who happened to be black. I was kidding about calling people racists over running issues, that is a bad joke (kidding about it) and not funny, you are right about that.

One time though someone mentioned the fact that I was black and made a comment about it, and i called them out. The only other time i called someone a racist was a guy on the R R forum who I actually thought was a racist and dealing with me in a way because he thought I was black.

Other than that, I really didn't do that. You can ask around and try to  find anyone who remembers me calling them a racist when i had the name doonrothmani. I think anyone who remembers me remembers me as a sincere poster who was a little arrogant and over sensitive. That wouldn't make me unique on the forum, i don't think.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Happy time!

PRs

@runjerseygirl

Checking out of my own thread now.  You have fun, kids.  Cheers.

Do you even run?

xor

First of all welcome back, you're still the same kind of dick you were before you left.

Thanks.

I'm not staying long.

MrNamtor

Thanks.

I'm not staying long.

I wish you all the best . I hope you're doing better.