Beginners and Beyond

Obligatory Friday Meltdown Thread (or: Kay goes 3/3 for her February Goals) (Read 292 times)

@runjerseygirl

For real people.  If you have a problem with it, don't fucking read it.

Do you even run?

happylily

I really dislike preachers. That's all I have to say here.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

@runjerseygirl

I really dislike preachers. That's all I have to say here.

Werd.

Do you even run?

Dr. Cornsitter

Dude, I thought my cheeky come-ons yesterday were a little risk-ay. I signed off hoping FS wasn't weirded out. I wake up to this PHENOMENAL thread. I only wish I was around for Dave's ass shot.

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

@runjerseygirl

Dude, I thought my cheeky come-ons yesterday were a little risk-ay. I signed off hoping FS wasn't weirded out. I wake up to this PHENOMENAL thread. I only wish I was around for Dave's ass shot.

ISWYDT. Wink

Do you even run?

Dr. Cornsitter

ISWYDT. Wink

Had to google that before I responded. didn't want to make an ass outta myself. Wink

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

@runjerseygirl

Had to google that before I responded. didn't want to make an ass outta myself. Wink

You're on a roll today, LMAO!

Do you even run?

I wake up to this PHENOMENAL thread. I only wish I was around for Dave's ass shot.

I, on the other hand, am glad I was not. No offense, Dave. The fact that your 53-year-old butt cheeks look only 43 does not make them any more appealing to me. Well, not much anyway.

Dave

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

For real people.  If you have a problem with it, don't fucking read it.

If you don't like getting negative comments, don't post it. For the same reasons as nevrgvup and AI. said, you put ridiculous stuff out there, be prepared for any kind of reaction to it. You don't know who's lurking and reading. This group is not totally private.  For one thing, it is gross and classless when half the time threads turn into an attention contest, or something related to sex and showing off body parts. What are we, 14 years old and hanging around with boys/girls for the first time? So yeah, we can exercise our right to comment that this is weird and inappropriate.

Remember when the Beginners Forum/B&B actually talked about, say, 80% running and 20% nonsense? Now the ratio of nonsense appears to outweigh the actual running talk.

We hold ourselves out on the "description" page as being beginner friendly and actually talking about running related stuff. If I were a beginner not part of the "clique," I'd think this place was weird and creepy with half the stuff that gets said and posted in here.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

@runjerseygirl

If you don't like getting negative comments, don't post it. For the same reasons as nevrgvup and AI. said, you put ridiculous stuff out there, be prepared for any kind of reaction to it. You don't know who's lurking and reading. This group is not totally private.  For one thing, it is gross and classless when half the time threads turn into an attention contest, or something related to sex and showing off body parts. What are we, 14 years old and hanging around with boys/girls for the first time? So yeah, we can exercise our right to comment that this is weird and inappropriate.

Remember when the Beginners Forum/B&B actually talked about, say, 80% running and 20% nonsense? Now the ratio of nonsense appears to outweigh the actual running talk.

We hold ourselves out on the "description" page as being beginner friendly and actually talking about running related stuff. If I were a beginner not part of the "clique," I'd think this place was weird and creepy with half the stuff that gets said and posted in here.

You think people don't know that when they post?  We're not babies, but thanks mom.  And if you're so concerned about the content ratio of this forum, post something to offset it.

In the meantime, I'll go back to having fun and not caring what people on the internet do with their free time.  You go ahead and continue to judge.  Have fun with that.

Do you even run?

@runjerseygirl

On a positive note, I'm almost 3/3 on my February goals.

Do you even run?

happylily

The thing is: we can't talk about running all day because, frankly, it gets boring. I'm not saying we have to discuss sex and post pics all the time (and was it necessary to judge like that, MJ5? I know it's your right, but coming from someone I consider sort of a virtual friend, it kind of stings... But whatever... judge away if you have to), but if we are told to keep it to only running related topics, this place will quickly die. Anyway, like I said before, I dislike preachers.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

MrNamtor

My general rule is to download any really good pictures to my hard drive so that I'm always ok with a thread being modded out of existence. Didn't always do this but I've learned from experience.

The irony and hypocrisy dripping from some of these posts is priceless.

CClay

Better than all of you

Show your butt MJ5.  That'll show her who's boss.