Beginners and Beyond

Race Report and Photos: Wenatchee Washington Turkey Trot 5K and more (Read 226 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hello, folks!  Yes, I AM alive.  I've been gone for a week up in Wenatchee Washington, visiting my in-laws and doing some running running running.   Talk about weather shock!  I left San Antonio on Tuesday, Nov 20th, it was 75 degrees.  I got up to run on Wednesday morning...38 degrees!  Sheesh.    Here was the weather for all the days I ran up there:

Nov 21:  38 degrees

Nov 22, Turkey Trot Day:  35 degrees

Sat, Nov 24:  32 degrees.

Sun, Nov 25: 28 degrees

Mon, Nov 26:  29 degrees.

Aaaack!  Never-the-less, I ran in shorts for ALL those days.  Aren't you "real winter" folks impressed?  Wink  I did compromise, though, and wore two layers on my upper body.   Anyway, nice visit and good quality running in lots of interesting places.  Here is the link on RW to the race report and photos I did.  And below my report is some photos I took of some of the local area running I did.  Very scenic place, Wenatchee.  I'd live there if they could do something about not having cold weather and snow. Joking

http://forums.runnersworld.com/forums/runner-communities/beginners#plckforumpage=ForumDiscussion&plckpostid=&plckdiscussionid=Cat%3ARunner%20CommunitiesForum%3A608106477Discussion%3A13fca76a-d171-492d-967a-2aaff9d625fa&plckforumid=Cat%3ARunner%20CommunitiesForum%3A608106477&plckforumpostshowfirstunread=&plckforumpostonpage=1

I guess this is "the place" now for all we RW folks?  I guess lots was going on while I was gone.  Someone update me on all the drama.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Sorry about the link I guess I screwed up somehow and did not make it active when I did my post.  So I guess you will just have to cut-and-paste it into your browser to get to my report and photos.

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Awww - glad to see you, buddy!!  I tried to leave the light on for you and got mocked (with love of course) on the Penguin thread for it. Smile    Everybody was hoping you'd find the Penguin thread over here while RW is under attack.  Or, like, forever.

hog4life

Scott, everyone left bc tired of fighting all the spam. I think most everyone is here and getting settled in. I think there was an APB put out on you!
          scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Gee, guys...sorry about that!  Nice to be missed.

So I guess this is THE place now.  Glad I was already a member, this is where my running log is anyway.  Guess I will start posting my race reports over here now too.

Jess runs for bacon

YAY SCOTTYDOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, you wore SHORTS in that weather???

Docket_Rocket

Nothing much to say about the drama.  Only one word: RWOL.

The end.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

aponi

never runs the tangents

40 is my cut off for tights

Although Monday I freaked out about the cold, put on everything, and got really hot.

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

runmomto3boys

Hi, Scotty!  I'll read the report in a few!  I just wanted to say that it's great to see you over here!

Snickers1230

Great RR Scotty!  The pictures are awesome!  Looks like you had a good time!

Formerly Jackie_601 on RW

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K

Little Blue

I'll take time to read the words after supper.  I flipped through the pictures, what a beautiful area!  I'll bet you ran about 100 miles while you were gone.

Glad to see you here. Big grin

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

scotty you old dog, glad to see you found your way home even if we did move.  I'm sure there's An Incredible Journey in there somewhere.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Yay!  Glad you found us Scotty!  Smile

Samurai in Training

Awesome Scotty.