Beginners and Beyond

Who is working today Tuesdailies (Read 56 times)

Hip Redux

Christmas eve, yo!   At work until noon and then OFF until 2014!   Hope to get a run in since tomorrow will be 3 hours of driving and lots of food consumption.

LRB

Supp BG!

I am off but of course it is unpaid (Merry Christmas; sincerely my employer), whatever.  Of more relevance is the 16 degree, wind chill of 3 temps right now.  I thought we were done with that shit for awhile!

As it is, I plan to drive over to my loop for hopefully a nice speedy run, then later this morning finish up a house I have been wiring just in time to get paid for the holidays.  Word.

delicate flower

Ho ho ho, Merry Christmas Eve and how about you all go BUY ME PRESENTS!

I am working today.  Full day, too.  There was NO traffic this morning!  Smile  While I do have to work today, I will not be alone:  There are four piles of cookies on the file cabinet.

7 easy treadmill miles before work this morning.  Wife and I are headed to Vermont tonight, and tomorrow we are skiing...my first time since The Great Knee Explosion.

Have a great day!

<3

LRB

Of more relevance is the 16 degree, wind chill of 3 temps right now.

It has since dropped to 13 and 1, WTF?!  It is supposed to get warmer when the suns comes up not colder!

StepbyStep-SH

I never work! Wink Well, almost never.

Last week I had big plans that I would get all of my runs in, including 11 miles today. Nope. Was up late making a cake for dessert for tonight, and I had no desire to turn around and get up early, drive to the gym in -8* temperatures (that was before windchill), spend 2 hours on the TM, and then hustle to get things done. So. URD, cleaning and some cooking this morning, church, food and family tonight.

Merry Christmas, runners and friends!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Yo, Merry Christmas y'all.

Family vacation in Washington DC. Drove all day yesterday, SRD anyway; 8 on the treadmill this morning since I got up at 5AM and everyone else wanted to sleep for some reason.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'm working, but I like/love my boss so it isn't a big deal. Plus my little man comes with me everyday so that makes any job better Smile

Merry Christmas ya'll!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 miles tonight.  I had to take Hershey to the vet this morning because he is sick too and now they want to keep him overnight.  Sigh.  My money grows from trees.  Take it all!  Will try to get the doctor to release him to us tonight.  I think it's just for monitoring rather than a serious illness as he just has a UTI.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Merry Christmas everyone. Half day of work for me. Since I hit the TM (5 miles @ Easy pace) before work I will need to work until just after noon to have my 4 hours in. It's sort of like a half day of school. You only work half but you get credit for a full. Smile

DD came up sick with a cold last night. She got it from one of her play friends. Lots of little play dates around the holidays. We'll see how she's doing when I get home and that will dictate if we go to the in-laws tonight or tomorrow. Such is the life of a parent.

Have a safe and happy holiday everyone!

- Andrew

Good morning runners and Merry Christmas!!

The holidays just are not the same without little ones running around, so hopefully sometime soon we can get some grandkids. My 26 year old DD has started the nesting process with her hubby so maybe soon!!

But, i do still love being with the the DW, DS, DD and DSIL. Well the SIL is a EMT/Paramedic and works most holidays, including this year. So we will see him this weekend.

Hope everyone that is running today has a good one. As for me, I am taking another day off and hope to get a few miles in early tomorrow morning before all the festivities begin.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

No work for me, today. In fact, no work for two weeks!  We are having Christmas Eve at our house this year so i don't know about a run, yet. Both DDs have early practice and we have to get the house ready But I might be able to get in a few miles at some point.

Happy Christmas, Dailies!

happylily

Happy Conifer Eve, guys!

No work, no pay, no problem. (my new Jamaican attitude)

7 easy miles in about 20 minutes (no, not 7 miles in 0:20:00. You know what I mean...) Then I need to study for a course, then it's off to DD's place for dinner. It's also gift giving night from us to the kids, so should be fun.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Just B.S.

Just a quick fly by to check in. For anyone rushing around feeling stressed it could always be worse Smile
                            (see below!LOL)

Pasted this from another post, hubby is telling me it's time to leave the restaurant so probably won't be back

on line for  a few days. Hope you all have a great Christmas!
                            _______________________________________________________________________________________________

Thankfully we were able to get our son home yesterday for Christmas. He has not been home since last Christmas and I have

been looking forward to this for months. Although it was quite an odyssey.

His original flight was to come to our city where the airport is a 15 minute drive from home.

After 12+ hours on the phones/website Sunday evening and through the night and numerous cancellations and delays we were able to get him booked on the last flight that went from Ottawa to Halifax. A friend of his the same age from Ottawa was rebooked on the same flight so we were happy to be able to drive him home as well so that he could be with his family.

That is normally a 3.5 hour drive one way. The trip down and back, through mostly freezing rain took 11 hours and we arrived home at 9 pm to no electricity which has still not come back on, most of our community is in the dark.

However we were happy to just have made it back safely as we saw numerous accidents, big rigs off the highway and one major pile up on the opposite side of the highway that had at least 15 emergency vehicles on site. Apparently 3 people died 

I was just speaking with my BIL who works for the local Power Commission. We will be without electricity for at least another 2 days and could be up to 4 days. 

Literally everything here is covered in ice. The trees at our house and in our area are so heavy with ice that everything is bent to the ground and power lines down everywhere and transformers were lighting up the skies all night. For us at least damage wise this is far worse than the ice storm of 1998 and we were without power for 3 days then.

Currently (after hopefully having something to eat at a restaurant) we are in the process of moving all our Christmas gifts, Christmas dinner fixings etc, clothing and personal items for a few days to our sons apartment in the city. They have power and will likely not lose it (fingers crossed). 

Not too cold right now at 25F but tomorrow the feels like will be 5 so best to go somewhere warm. We will deal with any frozen/burst pipes and damage to our house once we have electricity restored.

So Christmas this year will be very unconventional and perhaps a little uncomfortable (for the people who have to sleep on the floor  Wink but we are all safe and together and that is what really counts.

#artbydmcbride

I'm here working

I mean ...posting on RA...

I mean, I better get back to work, later dudes and dudettes....

Runners run

happylily

Wow, Beth, I'm so so sorry... What a mess. But I'm so happy that you will have all your loved ones with you. I hope the power returns soon to your house and that the damages are few. I'm sad for the three people who lost their lives. How terrible... :-( Stay safe, my friend.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010