Beginners and Beyond

True to Self WednesDAILIES (Read 268 times)

LRB

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD! 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up and stay awhile (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

You cannot control the world, so don't bother.

Rick

LRB

I am in hour eight of fasting for my annual physical this morning so no coffee for me.

It was two years ago this week that I became a vegetarian, in part because of my cholesterol so it will be interesting to see where that is.

Have a good day and remember, the image in the mirror is one of only a select few who will always have your back.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, LRB!

No coffee??? Arrrggggh!!

Just got up myself, and a fresh pot is brewed. Having a bite to eat and then off to work.

Morning, Dailies!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Weezer88

Shy LRB - I just did that about 1 month ago and everything came out normal / ideal (except for my BP)

Tom -any coffee left?  I'll have mine with cream and sugar.

Heading out for just under an hour and chipping away at the 12.11 miles needed to break my goal of 2400 for the year.

Have a GREAT Wednesday everyone!

I AM WEEZER.

Good morning, people!

Rick, I hope that all is well

Tom, have a great day at work.

Weezer, have a great run.

I'm off to the gym to do sixteen quarter-mile repeats before work. After work, I'll do 3.50-4.0 easy miles with the run club. Push-ups and abs sometime before bed. Running with the run club tonight means that Friday will be a SRD, if I choose.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Dailies!

Basaya - you are like a work out machine!

LRB - great news about your tread mill run yesterday!

lilac and april - I know that house off of Jacksonville. The retired guy that owns it is funny. My wife and I were there checking it out and I was taking pictures with my cell phone. I was looking at the pictures I took when he came up to me and said "What do you have there?". I said "I am looking at pictures on my cell phone". He said in return "Oh, are there any nudes?".

AFM - yesterday was full body workout at the gym. Thera-band, core, and stretching at home.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Busy day yesterday left me with no running.  So today, I hope i get to run (depending on work).  Today is also our Christmas party so I'm looking forward to eating. Haha.

LRB is in the house!  Missed you, buddy.  Good luck with the physical.  I'll bet you the cholesterol will be good.  I dropped more than 50 points in mine after just 3 months of being vegetarian.

Tom, you're right.  Where's our coffee?

David, you've been PMd in FB.  Enjoy your yearly mileage run.

Basya, good luck with the intervals.  Wow, 16?

Gustav, morning.  How's the foot feeling?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning!

3 miles done, hopefully some more later, gonna be busy tho, so we'll see.

Happy Hump day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Jeepofspades

Got 4 miles outside yesterday! Today is up in the air. May be a URD Sad
                    Pinktastic

Good Morning Runners!!

I am working a half day from home today, and then I'll be off for the rest of the year!! I can hardly wait til 11:00 today!! Woot!!

LRB – It's soooo good to have you back!! Good luck with your physical this morning! I'll bet that coffee that you have afterward tastes fantabulous!!

Tom – Have a great day at work!

David – Hope that your ankle is feeling better than it was yesterday! Have a great run this morning!

Basya – I agree with Gustav. You are a workout machine!! The last few days, you've posted that you did your push ups with the kiddiegartners. Do you teach them? Just curious....

Gustav – Sounds like a great workout last night! If you keep that up, your 5K to couch plan will fall apart completely! :-)

Damaris – I hope that you are able to squeeze in a run today. Enjoy your office Christmas party!!

Dave – Way to get some early mileage in this morning! Have a great day!

Jeep – Great job on your run last night. If you're able to run later today, I hope you have a great one!!

After looking at my schedule for the rest of the week, I decided that I needed to run at least 5 last night just in case my schedule gets too crazy on Thursday or Friday and I can't run then. I was really tired when I started the run and my legs felt like concrete. After 2ish miles though I felt better and was able to pick up some speed (not that it was my intent to run fast – it just happened). Today, I'm hoping for 10ish miles around lunch. I am thinking that starting my vacation with a run is the right way to go!!

Have a Pinklightful Wednesday!!   And, may your next run be incredible!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

delicate flower

JULIO IGLESIAS YULE LOG, EVERYBODY!  Happy Wednesday!  I was in bed EARLY last night.  8:30 by my calculations.  I ran 7 easy miles last night (9:21 pace).  I was planning 8, but decided to cut it short just because.  I've got 10 more easy miles on today's schedule, after a farmshare pickup and a haircut.  Speaking of farmshare, we signed up for a winter share.  I'd like to thank the farm and it's winter share for officially making me and DW sick to death of carrots and beets.  We do not need nine pounds of carrots and six pounds of beets! 

<3

Docket_Rocket

LOL. Julio Iglesias! You always make me laugh.

JULIO IGLESIAS YULE LOG, EVERYBODY!  Happy Wednesday!  I was in bed EARLY last night.  8:30 by my calculations.  I ran 7 easy miles last night (9:21 pace).  I was planning 8, but decided to cut it short just because.  I've got 10 more easy miles on today's schedule, after a farmshare pickup and a haircut.  Speaking of farmshare, we signed up for a winter share.  I'd like to thank the farm and it's winter share for officially making me and DW sick to death of carrots and beets.  We do not need nine pounds of carrots and six pounds of beets! 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

lilac and april - I know that house off of Jacksonville. The retired guy that owns it is funny. My wife and I were there checking it out and I was taking pictures with my cell phone. I was looking at the pictures I took when he came up to me and said "What do you have there?". I said "I am looking at pictures on my cell phone". He said in return "Oh, are there any nudes?". 

Hahaha - that is HYSTERICAL. I ran my RP over there last night and she was impressed. It was a nice 6-mile round trip for us from my house.

LRB, good luck with the physical. I eat vegetarian when possible (haven't gone full veg yet) and at my last doctor's appointment, my BP was lower than previously. It was a nice surprise.

Weezer, Basya, Sarah, Phil, enjoy your runs. Everyone else, good job if you've already run and enjoy your RD if ya got em!

AFM, RD today. My husband's department is doing a late afternoon "thing" at the bar and spouses are invited so I'm jetting out of work a few hours early to join them. I'll probably do my ITB rehab at some point tonight. I need to. It's been helping my hamstring a lot, so I can tell when I need to do it again.

Have a great day, cats and kittens!

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning gang! Overslept this morning so my fartlek 10 miler became a progressive 6.25 miler with 6xstrides to finish off. Surpassed my mileage from November with run which made me happy. Low mileage with a marathon taper and recovery. Should finish the year strong with good mileage. for December.

LRB - good luck with physical

Morning RTR!

So you're running 12.11 today Weezer?Smile

Rock those 400s Baysa!

We had out Christmas party Monday DR! I like to eat too thus why I run.Smile

Terrific 3 D!

jeep fabu 4 yesterday!

Terrific 10 sarah!

Bagoon 7m better than no miles!

Enjoy RD AR!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice 3.2 mile run/walk at Lackland Air Force Base after work yesterday in the 78 degree sunshine.  Today I plan on doing some hill work at Fort Sam Houston after work.   Now, does Texas have some crazy weather or what?  For my outing at Fort Sam it will be 82 degrees, a new 'record high' for San Antonio for this date.  Then tonight we have a cold front coming in and tomorrow morning at wake-up time it will be 28 degrees!  Mother Nature really loves playing with we Texans, lol.

Hour 8 of fasting, sheesh.  Good luck with your physical, LRB, hope you have some great numbers!

Happy running, Weezer.  2400 for the year, wow! 

I got tired just reading your plans for today, Basya!

Off rest of the year, must be nice Pinktastic!  Enjoy!

so I'm jetting out of work a few hours early  Jetting?  Dang, April, just how far away are you from your husband's work? Wink   Good luck with the ITB!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt