Beginners and Beyond

Dusk to Dawn (Read 53 times)

No more marathons

Anyone know how wcrunner is doing in his 24 hour?  Pretty sure it is the dusk to dawn in PA.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

I can do a little stalking.  There is nothing on his FB page, though.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Looks like the race has no live updates?  I'll check again on his FB page later and will report back.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Found something!

http://brynmawrracing.com/race-results/

George is after mile 60!  Go, George, go!

Wait, edited to add, their FB group says the distance is in kilometers.  So 60KM in less than 10 hours.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

Damn

B-Plus

So it goes until 7 am PA time tmw?

Docket_Rocket

So it goes until 7 am PA time tmw?

Sounds like it.  I will check back tomorrow morning before my long run (5am) and see where he is at.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

Wow, go George!

LRB

He is nothing if not driven!  I hope he figured out the heat issues too.

happylily

He is nothing if not driven!  I hope he figured out the heat issues too.

+100! I'd be so tired by now.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

The heat issue I figured out enough that I wasn't battling it, though it was still a race factor. What gave way were ankle, knee, and eventually hip since I was limping or favoring my knee. A short synopsis:

I had a long break at one point, almost two hours. After reaching 75K some of the problems with ankle and knee were starting to affect my hip as well. I finally decided to call it a day just short of 16 hours after I didn't feel any improvement after another half hour break.

Full RR will follow within a few days.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Still, a strong effort, George!  Congrats!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

meaghansketch

Amazing job George!  75K is nothing short of incredible.  Your journey into ultramarathoning has been absolutely inspiring to me.  Can't wait to hear the whole RR, and hope your joints are feeling better soon.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Farg...

75km & 16 hours...

I can't fathom doing either one of those, I would have destructed *far* before that.

Damn nice wcrunner!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Ankle is a little tender this morning and I'm feeling a small pain in my hip. I may have to take off a day or two from running.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.