Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES Word of the day (Read 44 times)

LRB

Today's word is; Word.

Your boss; "I need you to get that report done ASAP"

You; Word.

Your kids teacher; "I am really happy with <insert name here> work lately"

You; Word.

Your honey; "Dat ass is looking good these days"

You; Word.

Your mailman; "Your lawn looks great"

You; Word.

And of course if someone says something offensive to you, flip 'em the bird.  Why?  Because in that case the bird is the word.  

Mmmmm...beer

Werd Smile

7 miles done, I'll do some more later with a group, new coaching group is having a meet and greet, figured I'd go talk with them.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

happylily

I still don't get it. Does it mean like "yes"? You people are so confusing with your American expressions. Word.

8 miles GA with some strides.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

B-Plus

I don't know if this is what you guys consider to be humid, but I don't like it.

10 w/ 4 strides.

happylily

I don't know if this is what you guys consider to be humid, but I don't like it.

10 w/ 4 strides.

It depends on the dewpoint. Haven't you learned anything here? 

B-Plus

That's D's line. Word.

B-Plus

70F/66 dew point. Is that dewy enough to be humid?

delicate flower

I still don't get it. Does it mean like "yes"?

It means, "I see what you are saying, and I enthusiastically agree with your opinion on the matter."

I've got runs to tell you about, so listen up now:  8.3 last night, and 6 this morning.  All easy.  Thanks for listening.

13th wedding anniversary today for me and DW.  We exchanged cards this morning, thus completing the annual anniversary transaction.  We'll celebrate tonight by going for a bike ride and a run. 

Oh, and good morning!

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

"Word" used in Texas...since we all 'drawl' of course.:   "We're all really wor'd that this dang drought is lasting so long down here...." 

I will leave work a couple hours early to go get my annual skin cancer screening.  I had a bout of skin cancer several years ago and ever since then my Dermatologist schedules me for an annual screening to check me over as a preventative measure and catch anything early.  Seems to be working, I have had no recurrence.  After that appointment, it will be haircut time, and then off to the park to do a few miles in the 93 degree Texas weather.

Enjoy the meet and greet D2.   Sounds like a Texas Bar-B-Q event...except for us that's "meat and greet."

"8 miles GA with some strides..."    Lily, you're running GEORGIA style?  What's that like?

You wouldn't like Texas summer mornings then, B-Plus...every day is high humidity and high dew-point.   good luck with the 10.

Beth, good news yesterday about your FIL!  Umm, in looking at that photo you posted, with you in your sandals...I'm amazed you can run with only 4 toes on each foot.......

Happy anniversary, Baboon.  For you and the Mrs. to share....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Mmmmm...beer

70F/66 dew point. Is that dewy enough to be humid?

That's not too horrible.  But it's all relative of course.  For me, over 70* dewpoint is when it's bad, but I'm on the east coast near the ocean, so I'm used to a lil more humidity.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

happylily

Scotty, LOL... 

B-Plus, are you still in Ottawa? Today is humid in Montreal as well. Thunderstorms are on the way, I think. But aren't you used to humidity in Vancouver? Doesn't moss grow in your hair as a result of it? 

happylily

Oh and congratulations on the anniversary, Phil and Mrs Phil! You make an adorable couple. Many more happy years to the two of you. And thanks for the explanation on the word word. I am always curious as to how expressions were created. Saying "word" doesn't sound particularly enthusiastic... It should be "Word!!!!", no?

delicate flower

Oh and congratulations on the anniversary, Phil and Mrs Phil! You make an adorable couple. Many more happy years to the two of you. And thanks for the explanation on the word word. I am always curious as to how expressions were created. Saying "word" doesn't sound particularly enthusiastic... It should be "Word!!!!", no?

Thanks!  Big grin  And "word" should be subdued.  For example, someone says "Wow lily, you just ran 10 miles at 7:00 pace!  That was a great run!"  You say, "word."

<3

B-Plus

Scotty, LOL... 

B-Plus, are you still in Ottawa? Today is humid in Montreal as well. Thunderstorms are on the way, I think. But aren't you used to humidity in Vancouver? Doesn't moss grow in your hair as a result of it? 

Yep, I'll be here all week and just got drenched by a downpour on the way to work. We don't know humidity in Vancouver :-) I am used to getting wet from the rain though.

B-Plus

That's not too horrible.  But it's all relative of course.  For me, over 70* dewpoint is when it's bad, but I'm on the east coast near the ocean, so I'm used to a lil more humidity.

Damn, I was hoping to get my humidity badge of honour .